Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 93
  1. #41

    Default Re: Norman Bates from PSYCHO!

    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Victor View Post
    Can you please send me 100 of the $2 toys so I can convert them
    Wish that could happen. I'd love to get some new Hammer figures for a little over $2 (obviously it should cost around $5-10 due to conversion, though). Sadly you cannot but figures comparable with the bodies you use for as cheap as that. You might get one of those rip-apart, worthless hollow bodies for that, if lucky.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anton Phibes View Post
    Its already been established the fella making these isnt a "company" any more than a resin garage kit seller is a company. A "Company" doesnt send out email requests to fans for photographic references and input on clothes and sculpt. They just make something and toss it in front of you.

    I am not sure why people seem to think ''Baron Viktor' is a company either. Yes, he is now on that borderline of company-customizer for the simply reason that he makes a few of these before hand (he even gets nice, very laminated, boxes made. Pretty rare for a customizer), but these are customs. Very nice ones at that. He has made the best Peter Cushing sculpt for the Sherlock Holmes figure, too, so now I do not have to try to shrink that damn Hasbro Tarkin's oversized head. He tackles things, with a love for the source, that others do not. I'd never thought I'd have a Christopher Lee as the Creature figure, but now I do. It took a small operation to do something a big company should have done years ago.

    People seem a bit too spoilt now. But needlessly, as I'd say that most mass-scale figures, though realistic, are overpriced and killing the hobby. DD is at least affordable. I dread seeing HT get any license that I am interested in because they'd charge far too much despite the fact that we have been going through recessions. Either I'd not get the HT figure that I'd like, or I do and feel pretty ripped off. I'd only spend the sort of money that HT charges for an old, out of production Alfrex figure from the early 2000s (before the company went bust). I do not expect to pay between £100-200 for a brand new, mass produced figure that has just been released.

  2. Collectibles Direct UK-300x250 Collectibles Direct UK-300x250
  3. #42
    Resident Mad Doctor
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Large House, Muldeen Square
    Posts
    3,757
    Feedback
    0
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by madeboxer View Post
    I totally agree. Most of their figures look rather amaturish to me. I would buy if they were around $40 only because I collect horror figures but these are just not very well done and the materials for clothing is low grade quallity. Not worth $99. I did buy a Christopher Lee figure a while back that was well done and worth the $89 I paid for it and I really do wish these were as good because i would gladly buy all of them.

    AAPIC 007 by madeboxer, on Flickr

    I have been collecting horror 12ers since the early 80s and my main collection has always been horror. Although these 12ers do answer a void for characters from the Hammer films and other old movies I would love to have, the cost does not equal the quality. If the pricepoint was reduced, they might sell like hotcakes.

    I had that Christopher Lee figure. I was pretty happy with it too. Until i took the cape off one day to discover that the head is too big for the body. So there ya go---everybody's got differing tastes. there's nothing amateurish about Garcia's Psycho sculpt. he's a professional, and has done some work for Sideshow and others.

  4. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by madeboxer View Post
    I totally agree. Most of their figures look rather amaturish to me. I would buy if they were around $40 only because I collect horror figures but these are just not very well done and the materials for clothing is low grade quallity. Not worth $99. I did buy a Christopher Lee figure a while back that was well done and worth the $89 I paid for it and I really do wish these were as good because i would gladly buy all of them.
    That Christopher Lee was made by a real company called Product Enterprise. I bought more than one of him when he was new years agon (early 2000s). He is good, but too short and his clothes are either missing a poppet or have too many buttons on one side (Lee usually only buttoned up one button on his jacket in 'Dracula'). I did, however, have a solution to the height problem:

    http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/fo...0&postcount=21

    http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/fo...8&postcount=23

  5. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Victor View Post
    Low grade material??? If on average $10 a metre is low grade then so be it. As for anyone who can produce a 12" figure including a pro printed laminated box and sell for $40 please introduce me. I will wholesale from them. I dont mind a bit of criticism but some people live in cloud cuckoo land. And as my mother used to say " The Proof of The Pudding is in the Eating". Those who buy my figures are happy, those who dont usually can't afford them and would rather be negative. Sheesh man, I will gladly compare the quality of my clothing next to the Sideshow Uni Monsters with their cheap plastic belts, green Frankenstein jackets and sleeveless shirts. Try stripping The Phantom of The Opera down and you will see low quality clothing!!
    I did like the Sideshow figures (which is why I signed up here) but they did have quality issues. I think that almost anyone who collects WWI figures will know how flimsy the Lewis Gunner was. His strap-pegs were always in danger of being knocked off by his ears and trying to undo the belt to put his pistol holster on usually caused the buckle to snap (boiling would probably work). I do agree with you about the Phantom too.

    P.S. Make a Hammer Phantom (Herbert Lom).

  6. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by ILUVSkinner View Post

    P.S. Make a Hammer Phantom (Herbert Lom).
    He is just two figures away

  7. #46
    Resident Mad Doctor
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Large House, Muldeen Square
    Posts
    3,757
    Feedback
    0
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by ILUVSkinner View Post
    Wish that could happen. I'd love to get some new Hammer figures for a little over $2 (obviously it should cost around $5-10 due to conversion, though). Sadly you cannot but figures comparable with the bodies you use for as cheap as that. You might get one of those rip-apart, worthless hollow bodies for that, if lucky.




    I am not sure why people seem to think ''Baron Viktor' is a company either. Yes, he is now on that borderline of company-customizer for the simply reason that he makes a few of these before hand (he even gets nice, very laminated, boxes made. Pretty rare for a customizer), but these are customs. Very nice ones at that. He has made the best Peter Cushing sculpt for the Sherlock Holmes figure, too, so now I do not have to try to shrink that damn Hasbro Tarkin's oversized head. He tackles things, with a love for the source, that others do not. I'd never thought I'd have a Christopher Lee as the Creature figure, but now I do. It took a small operation to do something a big company should have done years ago.

    People seem a bit too spoilt now. But needlessly, as I'd say that most mass-scale figures, though realistic, are overpriced and killing the hobby. DD is at least affordable. I dread seeing HT get any license that I am interested in because they'd charge far too much despite the fact that we have been going through recessions. Either I'd not get the HT figure that I'd like, or I do and feel pretty ripped off. I'd only spend the sort of money that HT charges for an old, out of production Alfrex figure from the early 2000s (before the company went bust). I do not expect to pay between £100-200 for a brand new, mass produced figure that has just been released.

    I asked a seamstress one time how much it would cost me to get a one of a kind Sherlock outfit made, just because I was in a Sherlock Holmes kick for awhile. She told me she could do it for $70. I passed. If I was still in a Sherlock kick, I could buy the one that DD made shipped to me for $99. With a figure inside the outfit.

    I just dont see the outrage over it being $99. For goodness sakes: this is all $40 gets you now:




    When Executive Replicas first announced their Vincent Price Presents figure in 2009, It was $69.99. It had the same gigantic buttons on his vest that people are taking issue with on Norman. That figure NEVER CAME OUT. Now its up for pre-order for $200.00. 3 years later. Inflation, I guess? I just paid $75 (the suggested retail) for this:




    There's a new Creepshow figure coming out soon. The producer has told us he plans to keep it affordable at $99.99....and all of us are impressed it can be done so inexpensively.

    I said it once, and I will say it again. $100 is chump change these days fellas. The panhandler on the side of the interstate probably makes twice that every day.

  8. #47
    Winged Freak
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,347
    Feedback
    13 (100%)
    Reputation
    I mean... you guys really think this is a good sculpt underneath the molded plastic and bits of paint?

    If you say so... :/

    I'm not even going to go into the price point.

    M.

  9. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Victor View Post
    He is just two figures away
    Wonderful. Herbert Lom is one of my favourite actors and the film is a gem. Are you still planning on making that Michael Ripper figure? He is the true star of Hammer films of course.

  10. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by ILUVSkinner View Post
    Wonderful. Herbert Lom is one of my favourite actors and the film is a gem. Are you still planning on making that Michael Ripper figure? He is the true star of Hammer films of course.
    Only if I don't get driven into submission by negative no buyers feedback

  11. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by klocket View Post
    I mean... you guys really think this is a good sculpt underneath the molded plastic and bits of paint?
    Yes.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How about a "Psycho" Norman Bates PF
    By attom44 in forum Horror - Statues, props, etc.
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-22-2011, 09:57 AM
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 08:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •