Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Norman Bates from PSYCHO!

From one of the greatest horror films ever made comes the original big-screen slasher. This is a SPOILER ALERT for the four people who may not be familiar with Alfred Hitchcock's classic, its three sequels or the 1998 remake. This is one of my Grail figures, so I can't wait to see this guy in person. The eye color will be changed to brown during production.

Available directly from:
    http://www.distinctivedummies.net/th...ollection.html
    http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/ryanjeri/ErikAvatar.jpg

2. Fanboy Collectibles  300x250 Collectibles Direct UK-300x250 Collectibles Direct UK-300x250
    batmoBILL
    Feedback
    23 (100%)

About time. Cool to see Dummies do this!

<<< Rain cloud.....

Looks bad to me, like a figure from 10 years ago that should have cost $40, not $100 in 2012. Just not feeling it at all.

I would pay for a top quality Bates figure. Surprised one has never really been made. Instead of that multitudes of Freddy, Jason and Myers customs, it would be nice to see a high quality Bates.

Kill Kill Kill Ma Ma Ma
    Feedback
    37 (100%)
    Indeed KD. I LOVE this movie but would never spend much more than $50 on this one. Maybe with an upgraded body the outfit would look better but that sculpt is not very good.

It's a scene specific sculpt, so it may look strange in different poses. Other than the blue eyes and thin eyebrows, which should be fixed in production, it's pretty-spot on Perkins from the ending. I also don't see how the outfit can be improved, considering the simplicity of the look.

Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    37 (100%)
    The jacket looks way to big for him and the buttons on the shirt are huge! Pants and dress are ok.

Super Freak

Feedback
    could someone post a picture..can't pull up that website..

Quote Originally Posted by persuazion View Post
    The jacket looks way to big for him and the buttons on the shirt are huge! Pants and dress are ok.
    The jacket looks fine. Perkins was a tall, lanky guy, so it's not far off from the movie look. It would look perfect with a bit of futzing. The buttons are big, but when you're making these figures by hand, I'm sure they're as small as you can get.

As for the body, I'm sure it's fine. I own four figures from DD and the body is very well articulated, and not at all like the jerky Buck bodies Sideshow used to use. The only nitpick I have are the shiny doll hands, but I can live with those. Every DD figure I own looks better in person, so I admit the pics don't do them justice. I know Norman will look great in the right environment with the promised tweaks.

I find it funny how people are complaining about the price. Don't get me wrong, I would love paying 40 bucks for this. But as these are handmade, and sculpted by professionals, I am more than happy to pay the SRP, if it means getting the characters I want. This isn't 2001, and when you are paying 250+ for a HT figure, these are still a bargain at a fraction of that cost.

Rosemary's Killer
    Feedback
    42 (100%)
    Cool he's being made. I agree with some post above, it looks like an old school Sideshow figure. But that is not necessarily a bad thing. It's not a bad figure, but not great either. Maybe when in hand picks with the modification we can have a better idea. But going off those pics, I say it looks more of a $60 figure max. But if this not being mass produce with an extremely low edition size, then I can understand the raise in price.

But I see this is a big deal for you and you should enjoy it. But I agree about Jacket being a little bit oversize. I Like the wig and dress though. Might get those loose and make a bash myself.

Resident Mad Doctor
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmmBrains View Post
    Phibes is a happy camper.

About time. Cool to see Dummies do this!
    ....I knew this was coming. I helped a tad with photographic references for them. This will go nicely with my collection.

Figure's head is cast in transluscent flesh tones. perfect for adding washes, which I plan to do to mine when I gets one.

As for the whole negative assessment from others above me---maybe we are all just a bit spoilt these days because of Hot Toys? This is a very limited run custom. This dude aint sitting on a pile of money with a multitude of unlimited resources. Its the equivalent of a garage kit in action figure form. I likes it.

If those Sideshow toys figures from 10 years ago were released today, they wouldnt be $45-50 anymore anyway. They'd be around $95-100. Its really a nice likeness presented in a reasonably affordable custom.
    Last edited by Anton Phibes; 02-25-2012 at 11:29 AM.