Action Figure Show your custom Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eyes are great. Love how the tone of the skin seems to change depending on the lighting. Phenomenal.

sent from The Leaky Cauldron

Thanks guys heres my finished comission figure for Paul1987

531380e4623543ce4bbdac9032684e99.jpg

f82b5c83ff61fe39e2e8d9a04172773e.jpg

38962719e2fffa25136e6b9a74d6c19d.jpg

116de8729317e61b25f19fbeb90bc6da.jpg

149f39495dcb899966e466ec436e2edf.jpg

Aces Jacob! What did you do to the collar specifically?
Thanks man. I removed the sleeves from the jacket and flannel shirt first. Then I cut out the lining of the jacket arms.

Then my brother removed the black silk lining from the collar area and just glued the top portion over where the collar was. It works out well man and looks way better. Then I added a button tonoutside of collar and glued them down to jacket.

Just got this head in today, and I have to say, I am not happy with it at all. Head looks a tad bit smaller than the Wolverine HS and he looks like he slept overnight inside a tanning bed. Anyway, if anyone wants this HS, I'll sell the one I just got for $30 shipped.

I posted this almost verbatim last week. :lol

custom 1.0 head, hitfigure body, mc vest, aci jeans and jacket, hottoys hands, leather ww2 boots, custom tags.

ene2evap.jpg

Just got this head in today, and I have to say, I am not happy with it at all. Head looks a tad bit smaller than the Wolverine HS and he looks like he slept overnight inside a tanning bed. Anyway, if anyone wants this HS, I'll sell the one I just got for $30 shipped.

The one I received didn't have that tango tan. It's shaded, highlighted and with those little brown freckles that HT put on their sculpts. I couldn't have been happier with it, after the bad pictures the companies were putting up on Ebay and their own sites. Yesterday I was about to order a second one (from KG Hobby) but their orange pictures put me off. There must be a huge variation in batches, and I didn't want to receive one like Mudblood's!

14945899566_12e5bd40ac_c.jpg

14800958650_a13cc2c551_o.jpg

14782279528_f1c66f1e28_c.jpg

Just had a long conversation with The Skull about the new Origins set on eBay. We did comparisons of my knock-off set and his original HT Origins and they are identical. Anyone who wanted an origins figure, but don't want to drop the big bucks for one, definitely pick this set up - worth every penny.

Just had a long conversation with The Skull about the new Origins set on eBay. We did comparisons of my knock-off set and his original HT Origins and they are identical. Anyone who wanted an origins figure, but don't want to drop the big bucks for one, definitely pick this set up - worth every penny.

Great to hear that confirmed. It's what I thought from studying photos, but couldn't say for sure without owning the original.

How do the jacket's compare? As I wrote before, the knock-off looks shinier with an antiqued crackled finish over it. How does the texture/material compare to the HT?

The only other difference I could see between the sets is that the knock-off belt misses a stud on his left side.

With the head, that looks to me to be better than the original HT, I'm really happy with the figure. Will be even better when I have a pair of HT metal claws - my HT MMS220s might actually be getting delivered soon!

On the shelf the bootleg looks like an upgraded HT Origins, but for a fraction of the cost.

Great to hear that confirmed. It's what I thought from studying photos, but couldn't say for sure without owning the original.

How do the jacket's compare? As I wrote before, the knock-off looks shinier with an antiqued crackled finish over it. How does the texture/material compare to the HT?

The only other difference I could see between the sets is that the knock-off belt misses a stud on his left side.

With the head, that looks to me to be better than the original HT, I'm really happy with the figure. Will be even better when I have a pair of HT metal claws - my HT MMS220s might actually be getting delivered soon!

On the shelf the bootleg looks like an upgraded HT Origins, but for a fraction of the cost.

We sent pics to each other so I can't answer your questions in BOLD in regard to how they feel, but all the stitching, materials and details are identical. In the pics I sent him he indicated that the knock-off appears to be the same exact material even though he stated prior to my pics that it did appear shiner to him as well.

6a143dfe9a7a72bdb33203e32f3d8884.jpg

7c15a1d452e7b6a3d99134cfbbc7eb82.jpg

c82a818263cdc792813757e3d9c04cd5.jpg

Thanks, both, for the photos.

The finish on the jacket is the only thing that's really noticeable. It's hard to describe what the knock-off company did, but it looks good nevertheless.

That's a good shot of the original Origins for those of us with the knock-off to compare to. :hi5:

The same lining inside as the knock-off. I'm still bowled over that the knock-off set put so much detail in for the price they charged. Even the dog tags were correctly stamped up, with the nick in the end of the tags, and hanging on the same two chains as the HT.

Jimmie, did you end up re-ordering the Head Play Wolverine 1.0 sculpt? If you did I'm anxious to know whether you liked the one you got.

I ordered direct from Head Play on Ebay on the day that they must have come into stock - it was still showing as pre-order but was then marked as dispatched the same day. Don't know whether that has a bearing on good/bad batches.

They've sold 79 of them and I just noticed the first feedback in which a customer wasn't happy with the sculpt itself: "He takes care of his buyers. The article could be better but the seller is GREAT"

You know what, I've been so fickle about that sculpt that I've not pulled the trigger yet. I'm not in a huge rush to finish the bash just yet.

You know what, I've been so fickle about that sculpt that I've not pulled the trigger yet. I'm not in a huge rush to finish the bash just yet.

I was all for getting a second one while ordering stands from KG Hobby. I couldn't bring myself to do it, just in case lightning didn't strike twice. KG chose the most terrible pictures to advertise him that I was suspecting theirs to be a poor lot.

Someone posted here that another company had cancelled their sale due to not being up to standard. It leads to me to suspect that Head Play might have off-loaded the worst offenders onto other retailers, and with the first less than positive feedback on Ebay maybe they themselves are running out of the good ones?

I deleted him and added a couple more stands instead.

Back