Action Figure Show your custom Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, I see what you're saying. Your theory makes sense and could be true. The pics I've been seeing appear to make the sculpt look really soft.

Ah, I see what you're saying. Your theory makes sense and could be true. The pics I've been seeing appear to make the sculpt look really soft.

It's frustrating that I haven't been able to capture on camera what I see on the shelf.

The awful orange pictures make it look soft and blandly painted, like an old Hasbro head. On the shelf this one has depth, life and an intensity. Far more so than I ever saw in photos of HT's original.

This was probably the best I could capture close up - holding him with a pair of grips in the window!

14965166041_7a0b991038_o.jpg

This one shows definition in the face:

And this one a comparison to VTS/DAM in terms of colouring:

I've been buying Hot Toys' figures since the DX01, and since then have become fussier over quality and appearance.

I sold off a large number of older figures that I could no longer bear to put on display, and there are others boxed up the in the attic that might one day be retrieved from the brink with better head sculpts.

Yet this knock-off Wolverine stands proudly!

Finished my WW2 bash a little while back. Just reposed and took a quick photo. Need to buy a MMS220 relaxed left hand, but overall it's done.

(Sorry for the potato quality)

ee3b58646cc1b9cc9f203724e64542b2.jpg

Last edited:
Your WW2 Wolverine looks great, Jimmie! :clap

The shorter beard on that sculpt actually makes the bash better, in a more 'realistic' way (taking into consideration it's a guy with bones claws and a healing factor!) He looks like a soldier who's been in the in the field for a while, in constant action for days and unable to shave!

When Wolverine and Sabretooth charged off the landing craft in full beards on the first day of the battle, I found it a bit odd, even though it was faithful to comic book representations.

x04byy0.jpg

Back