Gas prices in California...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know you've made it as a nation when you get to crap on about stupidly cheap petrol becoming slightly less stupidly cheap.

Gas prices are around $3.71 per gallon over here (although I just paid $3.65 per gallon). My job depends on gas. I travel 32,000-36,000 miles per year for work. Any gas costs are out of my own pocket. My company refuses to cover that expense due to cuts that they have had to make when I first starting working for the company. Fact is, any increased costs of gas prices hurt my wallet and I'm able to do less.

well if you listen to President obama it's clearly the republicans fault..so is he not the leader of our country if it's the republicans fault..
were all going to be riding bicycles..better practice riding your bike and texting at the same time to see if it works.

actually Iran is getting sanctioned somewhere by someone and there not shipping oil anymore.

Same here. I'm pretty sure I would be dead within a week of me getting a motorcycle.

Was in Hollywood yesterday and paid like $4.13/gallon at an Arco (with Cash, it's the cheapest)

Sheeesh.....:slap

I drove a bike before, its pretty smooth, but, what i dont trust is the other A__ hole car drivers. plus I've seen how trucks run over bikes sometimes, is pretty scary. people in cars have no respect for motorcycles

Gas is about $3.40 here...I might need to break out the bicycle! :rock

Funny+Bikes+%2528bike-bikes-wallpaper.blogspot.com%2529+%2528134%2529.jpg

well if you listen to President obama it's clearly the republicans fault..so is he not the leader of our country if it's the republicans fault..
were all going to be riding bicycles..better practice riding your bike and texting at the same time to see if it works.

actually Iran is getting sanctioned somewhere by someone and there not shipping oil anymore.

There isn't much he can do about it really. Even Fox News said that last night.

How about instead of subsidizing alternative energy plants overseas, he uses that money to pay deomestic gas companies to sell to the US instead of internationally. Or put it into drilling. Or tap into Canada and our own petroleum reserve.

The problem is that we are paying premium to import the gas into this country, when in reality we actually export more oil then we import. Drilling companies just get better prices overseas, so they prefer to sell there.

Honestly I don't care that fossil fuels are not sustainable in the long term. We need them now.

The problem is that he has NO plan to do anything about it. Last time this happend he released some reserve and it went down for a little while, but here we are again. Obama loves to play the blame game, he takes all the credit for the good ( bin Ladin and I can't think of much more that has been accomplished ) and blames everyone else for the bad stuff. IMO he has had long enough in his position and hopefully come Nov. we will be :wave bye to him.

How about instead of subsidizing alternative energy plants overseas, he uses that money to pay deomestic gas companies to sell to the US instead of internationally. Or put it into drilling. Or tap into Canada and our own petroleum reserve.

The problem is that we are paying premium to import the gas into this country, when in reality we actually export more oil then we import. Drilling companies just get better prices overseas, so they prefer to sell there.

Honestly I don't care that fossil fuels are not sustainable in the long term. We need them now.

So, you want him to PAY gas companies to sell it to the US?

Here's the thing, you don't want government to tell businesses how to run their businesses, yet you want him to do just that? You can't have it both ways.

Stay out of our business.......but.....when I want something, get into their business.

Sure, I want him to tell the companies that instead of importing US oil out and importing foreign oil in, to keep it here, but like I said, he can't control the oil companies, and if you want him to, then you can't complain about those "liberal hippies" then.

On Fox they mentioned something about contracts that last for years and not being able to break them, etc. I don't understand it all, but in a nutshell, there's not a lot Obama can do about it. Also understand just who is invested in those oil companies and they are going to go for the biggest buck, not what is good for the country.

In this case it's the oil companies that are screwing us, not the government.

The problem is that he has NO plan to do anything about it. Last time this happend he released some reserve and it went down for a little while, but here we are again. Obama loves to play the blame game, he takes all the credit for the good ( bin Ladin and I can't think of much more that has been accomplished ) and blames everyone else for the bad stuff. IMO he has had long enough in his position and hopefully come Nov. we will be :wave bye to him.

Unfortunately, it won't get any better with any of those idiots on the other side either. It's just sad.

So, you want him to PAY gas companies to sell it to the US?

Here's the thing, you don't want government to tell businesses how to run their businesses, yet you want him to do just that? You can't have it both ways.

Stay out of our business.......but.....when I want something, get into their business.

Sure, I want him to tell the companies that instead of importing US oil out and importing foreign oil in, to keep it here, but like I said, he can't control the oil companies, and if you want him to, then you can't complain about those "liberal hippies" then.

On Fox they mentioned something about contracts that last for years and not being able to break them, etc. I don't understand it all, but in a nutshell, there's not a lot Obama can do about it. Also understand just who is invested in those oil companies and they are going to go for the biggest buck, not what is good for the country.

In this case it's the oil companies that are screwing us, not the government.

:lecture :lecture :lecture Thank heavens an American said this, I didn't want to be an outsider pointing out this blindingly obvious contradiction :D

Yeah, i agree, hopefully someone will grow a pair and lead with the country's best interest in mind. I'm afraid the good old days are long gone though.

Long gone, my friend. Even if you did get someone with some balls to run this country, he would still have Congress to deal with.

Back