1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Well, to be fair, this particular photo is very poorly photographed and harshly lit. For your own sake, I hope you don't usually confirm anything from just one picture. The official spec shots lighting and presentation of the car is much better than this one shot.

I am sure it will look even better in person, and when board members take their pictures of it, as is almost always the case with figures that are photographed on a showroom floor, vs in the home of a collector that takes the time to get the lighting and presentation just right.

Agreed , that pic is not a good one to compare , as I too have had experience with taking bad pics of some items and did not do them justice, but boy do I love my toynami one :1-1:

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

How come nobody gets up in arms about the Toynami canopy hatch and how wrong it is? The Hot Toys canopy is pretty much perfect, nothing like this pointy, bullet looking thing. You can tell they stylized it purposely.

toynamiflaw.jpg

Didn't even notice the canopy as I'm not into dissecting , but my understanding that the toynami was casted from the original molds , so wouldn't the canopy be correct ?

Yeah, i thought that was the dumbest thing in the world when they approved the high gloss black, the bright silver exhaust and the clear headlights (when it supposed to be clear yellow).

According to George, the guy who runs toynami, he said that WB wanted the gloss black on the Toynami piece.

So dumb. Hahahahahaha.

Oh well, at least I color corrected mine, so it's better now.

Boy buddy I disagree on this one , although I have to say your repaint is awesome , I still prefer the gloss , reminds me of the show cars that catch my eyes more so then the flat black hot rods some people show imho

I don't give a rats arse about mm to mm accuracy. We all got what we wanted and it's not as if your going to have this displayed next to a 1/6 screen shot of the movie batmobile

Honestly, all I want this for is to re create a scene from Returns. Most likely with the shield attached

Last edited:

Come May 2013, "inaccuracies" or not, I'm sure most of us will all be blown away.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the box art is like.

MHO. I have been collecting different toys for almost 30 years. It started with the original G.I. Joe, Captain Action and Best of the west. Went on to Mego, Matt Mason, Super Powers Diecast cars etc.... I'm sure I am not the only person on this forum who has paid good money for any of the items I just listed, and that we were happy to get them. Now, you look at the quality of the toys from the past and there are problems in all of them, but it doesn't make us want them any less. Today's toys are no different. Yes they are expensive right at retail, and yes they are not perfect, but this is a hobby or at least it used to be. I collect for the fun of having the toys, not for the potential dollar value down the road. If I buy something at $200.00 and it becomes worth $500.00, great. But I do not do this thinking that I am going to retire on my toy collection. I do it as a hobby for fun.I'm glad we have companies like Sideshow, Hot Toys, DID, etc... because they are making the toys we all dreamed of having when we were kids.

Well said DiFabio!

I'm just happy knowing my preorder is finally placed.

Has anyone seen any pics with the lights turned on in the Batmobile??

:exactly::exactly::exactly::exactly:
MHO. I have been collecting different toys for almost 30 years. It started with the original G.I. Joe, Captain Action and Best of the west. Went on to Mego, Matt Mason, Super Powers Diecast cars etc.... I'm sure I am not the only person on this forum who has paid good money for any of the items I just listed, and that we were happy to get them. Now, you look at the quality of the toys from the past and there are problems in all of them, but it doesn't make us want them any less. Today's toys are no different. Yes they are expensive right at retail, and yes they are not perfect, but this is a hobby or at least it used to be. I collect for the fun of having the toys, not for the potential dollar value down the road. If I buy something at $200.00 and it becomes worth $500.00, great. But I do not do this thinking that I am going to retire on my toy collection. I do it as a hobby for fun.I'm glad we have companies like Sideshow, Hot Toys, DID, etc... because they are making the toys we all dreamed of having when we were kids.

Eh... Looks great to me! Preordered!

Sallah

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Wise choice :lol

*Read Jye's post. Canceled on Sideshow, lost $68 deposit. Re-ordered again after reading that the dimensions are accurate. Canceled after hearing that the paint isn't exactly black, lost $68 deposit. Reordered again...

*Read Jye's post. Canceled on Sideshow, lost $68 deposit. Re-ordered again after reading that the dimensions are accurate. Canceled after hearing that the paint isn't exactly black, lost $68 deposit. Reordered again...

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

and so on and so forth.

ordered
cancelled
ordered
cancelled

:lol

So would you guys in the States recommend Alter Ego on this one? I can't see why I should pay more through Sideshow?

So would you guys in the States recommend Alter Ego on this one? I can't see why I should pay more through Sideshow?

For me, it was for the points and the "first-ness". We've already got to wait until May 2013 (at least, barring any unforeseen delays) I don't want to have to deal with a possible split shipment, too -- like what has happened with DX09.

Also the payment plan makes it a lot easier to stomach that "full msrp" premium to get it in the first batch possible from any US retailer.

Back