1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a Few months owning this batmobile, and after have looked at it during hours, i noticed severals differences between the prototype and the final version.
There are reals improvements on the final version like the paint of the car ( even if the mat finish of the prototype was not so bad finally), all the lights, the dashboard and cockpit more complete but in the same time there are some details which were better on the prototype for me.

First, the color of the rims was much more accurate on the prototype. It was a darker silver/bronze which had a real metal effect. On the final version the silver is really too light and bright. If they had kept the prototype color i think i would had not paint them.

They have increased in a exaggerate way the size of the laterals air inlets and added a light silver paint from the prototype version wich were much more accurate on this last.

They have interverted the position of the left machine gun for an indetermined reason...

And it's seems to me that the nose of the turbine was finer and less round.

Well it's à pity even if i love it !!!:wink1:

URL=https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=399502image.jpg]
399502image.jpg
[/URL]

I don't know it it has been posted, but for anyone interested, BBTS has the "damaged" 1989 batmobile that were returned on sale for $429.99.

I'd definitely buy one if I didn't already have mine. Shipping IS expensive though, but all things considered, I believe it's a hell of a deal (I've heard from some that the scratches aren't even that noticeable sometimes).

And yes, no returns.

Very tempting. Are these cars painted? I was wondering it the scratched areas can be re painted.

To max power, I am luvn that table. I'm going for it. I'm getting my dad to order it, and he can ship it over. Worth the chance. Those photos are just too good. Hope you don't mind me ripping your idea mate.

To max power, I am luvn that table. I'm going for it. I'm getting my dad to order it, and he can ship it over. Worth the chance. Those photos are just too good. Hope you don't mind me ripping your idea mate.

No way! That what this community is about--ideas! I'm borrowing the Bestas/Pax set, that one that works the best set up for my closet. Glad I could help. I think you'll be very happy when you see that Batmobile on it in front of you, it almost seems custom made for it, in my opinion. When you get it take pictures and post and let me how you like it.

Happy Collecting!

Max P.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very tempting. Are these cars painted? I was wondering it the scratched areas can be re painted.

The scratches are only noticeable in certain lighting like with direct sunlight and viewing it at an angle; they are subtle and only more noticeable to the owner because you know they're there. Take a look at mine, I have taken some good photos of it on my table and see if you can spot them-- they are in the usual spot where the have been claimed to be. Believe me, I was one of the first with this whole issue, and was one of the first to get the best refunded money from SSC before they started to short people on there choice to keep it. Although BBTS offered the best money return for keeping it.

Word of advise; if you get one try to find out where the scratches are, sides by the cockpit are less noticeable and anything on the hood or the side of the vehicle you may want to stay away from as they appear much bigger and a lot more noticeable regardless of lighting/and or angle viewing.

Happy Collecting

Max Power

You will find a spot for it if you really want it. Believe me, I have a 6' Titanic model ship that has provided me with a challenge for space, but I have and I always can find space for it. If you want it get and don't look back.

Happy Collecting!

Max Power

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Max can you link the coffee table? I wasn't able to find it on American Furniture Warehouse. Is this the right place?
https://www.afwonline.com/

Yes, that's the one. I looked through their sites and I couldn't find it either, it is considered a cocktail table. Mmm I wonder if it's a model only available at the store???. Often they have inventory that is not shown online because they can't put everything online. I can't even remember the name of it for you to inquire if they have it in store. Sorry man. If I remember correctly you could by it as a set with matching side tables. Perhaps if you call them and describe it or send a picture of it to one of their reps they can locate it for you or at the very least let you know who makes it and buy it through another vendor that sells it in the event they no longer sell it.

Best of luck!

Yes, that's the one. I looked through their sites and I couldn't find it either, it is considered a cocktail table. Mmm I wonder if it's a model only available at the store???. Often they have inventory that is not shown online because they can't put everything online. I can't even remember the name of it for you to inquire if they have it in store. Sorry man. If I remember correctly you could by it as a set with matching side tables. Perhaps if you call them and describe it or send a picture of it to one of their reps they can locate it for you or at the very least let you know who makes it and buy it through another vendor that sells it in the event they no longer sell it.

Best of luck!

You know what? I got the name for it at Amazon here is the name from Amazon's site, it didn't let me do a link but it looks like Amazon does not carry it either, except in white.

LexMod Continuum Modern Oval Coffee Table in Black
LexMod

Is that idea expedition with 5 slots? You removed 2 partitions to accommodate the bat mobile?

Is that idea expedition with 5 slots? You removed 2 partitions to accommodate the bat mobile?

hi Scarlet, thats exactly what that is. its a modified expedit shelf unit with the middle section removed and a set of four feed added to raise it. i wish i could take the credit for the modification but thats how i found it on cragislist.

What's that all white Scarabus wavestuff? I don't have that one.

he Eamon, that scarabus is part of an exclusive set of 2 scarabus', a black and white scarabus. one exclusive was sold at toypocalipse and the packaging had a white bug on the packaging. the other set was exactly the same but it was sold at their online store with a gold bug on the packaging.

hi Scarlet, thats exactly what that is. its a modified expedit shelf unit with the middle section removed and a set of four feed added to raise it. i wish i could take the credit for the modification but thats how i found it on cragislist.

he Eamon, that scarabus is part of an exclusive set of 2 scarabus', a black and white scarabus. one exclusive was sold at toypocalipse and the packaging had a white bug on the packaging. the other set was exactly the same but it was sold at their online store with a gold bug on the packaging.

Balls! I thought I had them all. Such great figures.

Back