Downton Abbey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The big shock ending at the end of season three has pretty much ruined the entire show for me. I will still watch for Maggie Smith though.

:(

Yup. Totally out of the blue shocker on par with Ned Stark losing his head. It didn't turn me off though. I can't wait for series 4. :rock

One of my favorite shows though I can't imagine I would want figures based off it though. :lol

Oh man!! Just got done watching Season 3, you guys were right! What a damn shocker! One thing is for sure, this show is not afraid of taking chances.

Looking forward to season 4.

My wife and I got hooked on this show about a month or so back. I love it a lot and the seasons have been so different. The first was so laid back, the second was intense with the war and it seems the third was all about tragedy. I fear for season 4.

Though my wife is very hearbroken about the surprise ending of season 3. It's going to be strange not having them in season 4.

Anyone watch the American premiere last night? Pretty good start... a little frustrated to see another actor quit the show but they handled it the best they could.

Remember if you have seen the entire season to please use spoiler tags for us Americanos! Thanks

The Mrs. and I got into the show when Crimecast offered a free series week last year, and we marathoned (yeah, it's a word now) the first 3 seasons in about 4 days.
I can't believe I enjoy a soap opera so much, but the time period has always been one of the most appealing to me, though it's been America-only before this. The decline of the old world after WWI as depicted is also interesting to watch.

Regarding the current season, I want that POS rapist to get his *** beat by every man in the Abbey, and I'm sure they'd all do it happily for Anna. I bet every single person in that family and its staff, including the Lady Grantham, would beat that scab to pulp.

That aside, and knowing there were some serious rules of society that limited people and their thinking based on position, I find the standards of the time which are guiding Anna's response and those of the rest who know, to be very interesting to watch. But he needs to die.

The Mrs. and I got into the show when Crimecast offered a free series week last year, and we marathoned (yeah, it's a word now) the first 3 seasons in about 4 days.
I can't believe I enjoy a soap opera so much, but the time period has always been one of the most appealing to me, though it's been America-only before this. The decline of the old world after WWI as depicted is also interesting to watch.

Regarding the current season, I want that POS rapist to get his *** beat by every man in the Abbey, and I'm sure they'd all do it happily for Anna. I bet every single person in that family and its staff, including the Lady Grantham, would beat that scab to pulp.

That aside, and knowing there were some serious rules of society that limited people and their thinking based on position, I find the standards of the time which are guiding Anna's response and those of the rest who know, to be very interesting to watch. But he needs to die.

This isn't the kind of plot development I would have seen coming, but I guess with Mary ****ing a Turkish Lord to death - anything really goes.

LOL True.
I suppose they can't just depend on killing people off or other tragedies like someone stealing a silver spoon to keep things rolling. :lol

I do think it's interesting to explore how such a crime was handled within all of their class structure and and very deliberate way of living. It certainly wasn't gratuitous at all.

Back