Action Figure Skiman's 1/6 Big Boa Commission - SNEAK PROD PIC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Skiman's 1/6 Big Boa Commission - SNEAK PROD PIC - [August 29th Release!!!]

Demo decal application, not final product or paint app, decal test on a paint test glove.

IMG_9163_zpsa8e852cc.jpg

and... at first I thought maybe the size was perhaps too small(I can also cut more around the sigma, color match is pretty much exact on the red) but I think it looks pretty good and almost gives the edge of a more modern look versus maybe having them larger which may play the role of more corny-ness but not like it matters since this is GI Joe and all the characters pretty much stray out in their own direction after 1986 :lol. Let me know if I have the green light, this will make the production date of August the 29th where I'll make them available for release.​

Skiman

All good we can go back on Hunter for larger than 8mm, I just thought it didn't look as unusual as I would of thought with the smaller size.

EF, what size are yours, can we get them in that mm?

Lmk, we'll get it worked out.

Ski

There's still some detail work on the laces etc... that'll keep me busy til we get some more decals in.

Ski

The logo is upside down. :lol

But yea, prolly need to go bigger.

Those are 8mm and the ones I made I think were 14ish?

I can definitely so some bigger for you guys, just let me know specifics. It'll also be around 10ish days or so to get em' done, as my Grandfather's service is next Saturday and I won't be able to print anything before that. Let me know what you guys wanna do.

I would like the decal on the inside of the glove and please make mine 2mm.

Thanks.

This is just getting better and better every time! AMAZING work Ski!

I think kd means in the front of the glove...

Looks like we be shooting for the 19th of Sept with the new decals from Hunter.

Sorry for the push back.

Stay tuned.

Ski

Commented by original Hasbro artist and original design of the character Big Boa.

Via Facebook

Besides the heads does he do body's as well? What are the sizes of these things?

I was a hobbyist back in the 80's and 90's and did Miniature Military figures throughout history and competed with other painters around the country and Europe. Some figures were hand made and others were stock. We competed in how we painted the figures and how we put them in dioramas and vignettes. I think they still do compete, when I lost my job due to lay offs at Hasbro I stopped doing them. But they still are going strong. Military Collectors of America, look them up. Great hobby that came from doing paintmasters of GI Joe.

-Ron A. Rudat

Love,
Skiman

Last edited:

Awesome Ski!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's pretty kewl.

And the guy Dusty is named after.

That's really cool! Congrats SKi :)

Commented by original Hasbro artist and original design of the character Big Boa.

Via Facebook

Besides the heads does he do body's as well? What are the sizes of these things?

I was a hobbyist back in the 80's and 90's and did Miniature Military figures throughout history and competed with other painters around the country and Europe. Some figures were hand made and others were stock. We competed in how we painted the figures and how we put them in dioramas and vignettes. I think they still do compete, when I lost my job due to lay offs at Hasbro I stopped doing them. But they still are going strong. Military Collectors of America, look them up. Great hobby that came from doing paintmasters of GI Joe.

-Ron A. Rudat

Love,
Skiman

Bigsgtslaughter.jpg

Back