Divorce Forces Man to Sell Star Trek Apt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Divorce Forces Man to Sell Star Star Trek Apt

Didn't he state in the video that he started the renovations in 97?

I didn't really pay attention - just saw the images. :lol Well, like I said before, if he could invest that kind of money to make it, I don't know why he can't just get a home loan to buy the darn thing.

Perhaps the ex thinks she can sell it for big bucks. :dunno

You would think an apartment like this, would be difficult to sell and the ex would maybe try to strike a deal to let the guy buy it from her. If he could spend that much to create it, I would hope he made enough where he could take out a home loan and buy it...but then you never know.

Unless it's a final ____ you kind of thing. Take away the thing he has been working on for so long under the guise of just treating it like a business deal. I haven't seen the video so I don't know their relationship but in a world where people will take away the dog or have collections split in two just on principle alone, it wouldn't shock me.

You would think an apartment like this, would be difficult to sell and the ex would maybe try to strike a deal to let the guy buy it from her. If he could spend that much to create it, I would hope he made enough where he could take out a home loan and buy it...but then you never know.

They won't be able to sell it, publicity or not as one of the posters believes. This is just too obscure of a place and due to all that hard work and the cool factor, the value of that place in that part of the world probably would not give them close to a return that your average decent shape house would get you w/o all that stuff done to it.

I do a little because divorce is horrible. That said I think this guy needed a reality check. His "addiction" is likely a major factor in his divorce. Maybe he will come to the conclusion that there are far more important things than converting your entire home into a Star Trek ship? These Trekkies or Trekkers take this crap way too far. :lecture

I don't know I think that's kinda hard,

I bet the same thing, the exact same thing is said about Hot Toys collectors for spending thousands of dollars on "stupid" toys and statues,
I know I've heard that before at work or from friends, everything you said, the being obsessed, the being mentally ill,

I've heard it about people that collect "toys" when people hear how much a HT or sideshow cost, they start freaking out and asking me if I am crazy or something, and I don't even have that much,
even about my cheaper figures I get comments like that,
I mean, look at the 40 year old virgin, making fun of collectors,
my Only point is, this guy might seem crazy to you, to us, But we look crazy to "normal" people, it goes both ways

I must've missed that part. It's hard watching videos like that while I'm at work when I'm supposed to be working. I have to keep the volume pretty low. :monkey3

That's why you wear these...

diddy-beats-black.jpg
:yess:

I bet the same thing, the exact same thing is said about Hot Toys collectors for spending thousands of dollars on "stupid" toys and statues,
I know I've heard that before at work or from friends, everything you said, the being obsessed, the being mentally ill,

I've heard it about people that collect "toys" when people hear how much a HT or sideshow cost, they start freaking out and asking me if I am crazy or something, and I don't even have that much,
my Only point is, this guy might seem crazy to you, to us, But we look crazy to "normal" people, it goes both ways

Very well said. Great minds think alike. I was going to just post the last couple of sentences. errrr At least in my own words. In a way I did say this earlier in the thread.

$300 K in debt to build it now bankrupt, I dont know thats sickness....

Very well said. Great minds think alike. I was going to just post the last couple of sentences. errrr At least in my own words. In a way I did say this earlier in the thread.

I mean, I could understand why BadMoon think this guy is a loser,
but I could also understand why this guy did this, he really likes star trek, just like we like our batmans, predators etc, I don't think is as crazy, he just took it to the ultimate level

but I could also understand why this guy did this, he really likes star trek, just like we like our batmans, predators etc, I don't think is as crazy, he just took it to the ultimate level

No we do agree on this. If you read my posts you find we basically share the same opinion, but just worded differently.

No collecting is one thing. This is entirely different. Did the 40 year old virgin create a film accurate death star out of his appartment and wear imperial clothing? :lol

I can totally understand collecting. This is completely different.

$300 K in debt to build it now bankrupt, I dont know thats sickness....
:exactly::exactly::exactly:

And no more wife.

I don't think he is a loser. I think he is a disturbed person that should seek out professional help. I'm sure he's a nice guy. Just :cuckoo:

There is a difference between collecting and the type of collecting where it becomes an addiction and risks harming you or others to the point where one can fall into debt, ruin marriages, and fail to uphold life responsibilities. At that point, it becomes akin to alcoholism or gambling. You lose sight of right and wrong and become controlled by the urge to (fill in vice of choice here).

His apartment actually reminds me of some guy's apartment in NYC (on some crappy cable channel my wife always watches) which is tricked out all crazy in a steam punk style. Really cool. But it really limits the resale market value.

Too bad the transporter doesn't work, or he could have sold it for a lot more.....

That is insane. Amazing craftsmenship. I don't know how you can't feel sad for someone that would lose something like that.

Though I do feel bad for him since this is an awesome looking place, he started this 3 years after he and his wife split. From what I understand they aren't even divorced yet, almost 20 years later. He should've either bought her out, or somehow secured it for himself before starting all of this. You have to wonder if she was paying the taxes, etc. on it.

To sterile and clean for my liking.

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

And no more wife.

I don't think he is a loser. I think he is a disturbed person that should seek out professional help. I'm sure he's a nice guy. Just :cuckoo:

There is a difference between collecting and the type of collecting where it becomes an addiction and risks harming you or others to the point where one can fall into debt, ruin marriages, and fail to uphold life responsibilities. At that point, it becomes akin to alcoholism or gambling. You lose sight of right and wrong and become controlled by the urge to (fill in vice of choice here).

yeah I understand what you guys mean,

Back