Official 12" Hot Toys Superman returns Image Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Add my thanks for this undertaking! Now if we could also get a decent George Reeves sculpt, I'd be all set.

No worries.
I am not sure about the Reeves Sculpt. Not one of my wants, but you never know if a Routh one comes out.
Another possibility she mentioned to me is that if we can get close to 500 purchases, PVC heads are a certainty, but if it's closer to 50 *wants*, resin is a better bet as the tooling costs less.
So even though i am not interested in a George Reeves sculpt, i bet we could scrounge up 50 people who *do* want one.
So, in all honesty, even taking in people who neither know nor care about this forum, but buy parts on Ebay a lot, does it seem like *worldwide*, we'd be able to get 500 people interested in a Routh sculpt? Or at least, enough people to buy 500 sculpts. I know i'd buy a few, especially for CK bashes.
Honest answers help me in taking the info to my contact.

No worries.
I am not sure about the Reeves Sculpt. Not one of my wants, but you never know if a Routh one comes out.
Another possibility she mentioned to me is that if we can get close to 500 purchases, PVC heads are a certainty, but if it's closer to 50 *wants*, resin is a better bet as the tooling costs less.
So even though i am not interested in a George Reeves sculpt, i bet we could scrounge up 50 people who *do* want one.
So, in all honesty, even taking in people who neither know nor care about this forum, but buy parts on Ebay a lot, does it seem like *worldwide*, we'd be able to get 500 people interested in a Routh sculpt? Or at least, enough people to buy 500 sculpts. I know i'd buy a few, especially for CK bashes.

Bar, not to be too off topic, but would you contact do a smaller scale Cavill sculpt?

No worries.

I think it's possible to reach that goal especially since your contact knows all the HT bootlegers :lol

I mean when looking at ebay sales for certain items, they start off say "more than 10 available" with like 40 sold or something like that and in a matter of weeks they are down to like only 5 or something like that. So I think it's possible

Just posted this in MOS custom thread, but thought I would share here....

IMG_3216.JPGIMG_3215.JPG

Bar, not to be too off topic, but would you contact do a smaller scale Cavill sculpt?

That is one area where it would likely be a no-go.
I say that myself right now without asking simply because there's a Cavill head out there and, although we are all aware of it's shortcomings, it would need to sell at least 500 units to make a profit.
And it would have to be a totally new sculpt, totally remoulded and painted.
You'd likely find the majority of people would send it back as it was too small, lol.

I think it's possible to reach that goal especially since your contact knows all the HT bootlegers :lol

I mean when looking at ebay sales for certain items, they start off say "more than 10 available" with like 40 sold or something like that and in a matter of weeks they are down to like only 5 or something like that. So I think it's possible

Well, those sellers on Ebay are *not* the people who *make* the heads... They are just the people that sell them, lol.
But i know what you mean. I think if she were to produce a head herself, only she would sell it, maximising her own profits.

Just posted this in MOS custom thread, but thought I would share here....

That is incredible.
Thanks for posting that. Do you have any WIP images of it? And tell me HOW you got that suit on that body?!?!?
The belt must be hanging loose on the rear, surely?

That, Kirk Allen and Dean Cain. I'd love a full line-up.

If a Routh one does well, i am sure she will be amenable to other Superman heads.

I am looking for the suit jacket and trousers that came with the Clark Kent figure. If you have these to sell then please inbox me.

Thanks

I'd take a new sculpt. So if your counting numbers, put me down for at least two.

We were chatting yesterday and i asked her off hand if she personally knew the companies who make the HT bootlegs, and she said she knows them all by name.
It was just the thing to spur me on and ask if she had considered a Routh.

Put me down for a new sculpt too. Any idea when it will be available?

Samithesami - where did you get the hammer and sickle red son glyph? Actually, does any one know were one could get a MOS glyph short of buying a figure.

Back