Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Default Re: Batman: Black And White Statues (2012)

Love the "diving" pose, and Bolland Joker. Jim Lee design is pretty static; almost museum type.

2. Fanboy Collectibles  160x600 Entertainment Earth 250x250-NFL
    Freak..with a weak wallet
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Am taking the plunge into this line as well!
    Oh wait.....back-tracking again! Damn!

Cheers,
    Neo.
    ------------Proud follower of the Wolf Predator Cult Following------------

Super Freak
    Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Jock and Joker look to be must haves. New 52 is meeh...

Super Freak
    Feedback
    4 (100%)
    They are here!!! Awesome figures! Totally back in this line.

Guess I will part with everything else except for Hot Toys. This line is the perfect representation of Batman and everything around him.

Bruce Wayne is Batman!
    Feedback
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingGrayskull View Post
    They are here!!! Awesome figures! Totally back in this line.

Guess I will part with everything else except for Hot Toys. This line is the perfect representation of Batman and everything around him.
    Congrats mate! And, the best part is that you do not have to actually "part with everything else" to complete the collection. Just some patience and timing (with eBay) ...and of course, some green too

The Joker Me too, waiting for (a) Joker to delivered, didn't happen today, might be tomorrow...

Super Freak
    Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Yes, they are pricy but still affordable. I just POed Mignola, Jock, new Joker. Currently working out a deal for Arkham and Lee Joker. These will be due in March. I have decided to not spend more than 80 on a fig. If you look for already displayed pieces you still have a chance to get most of them at that rate. I also jumped on CW for 69 incl. shipping.

Bruce Wayne is Batman!
    Feedback
    34 (100%)
    That's a great score! Catwoman for €69 shipped is pretty cool right now. My major skips were Miller, Perez, and Bermejo Joker. Well, need to be patient. Where did you PO the new ones, BBTS?

Super Freak
    Feedback
    4 (100%)
    No. Everything Germany. Due to taxes etc.

Just got a confirmation for Mignola and Chiang ONLY. Jock is already sold out, as well as new Joker.

Yes, CW has been a pretty good deal. i actually get her from a small shop in Netherlands I happened to find when I was there on vacation. Quick call asking for their inventory and she told me CW was the only one still left.

Its all about connections in this hobby. I try to stay in touch with as many people (and shops) as possible and it really pays off. Pretty sure I will get Jock somehow over the weekend.

I currently do have or have on PO

- Bolland
    - Kubert
    - Pope
    - Ross
    - Miller
    - Bermejo
    - Mignola 2.0
    - Chiang
    - Lee New 52
    - Bermejo Joker
    - CW

2-3 will be added to the list over the weekend and than I am done for this months.

Miller is actually the one I started with. I was impressed by the overall quality. Miller is a more porcelan like resin and the base is a seperate piece. It also is a little heavier than the newer ones. I kind of prefer the older material yet the new one is less breakable. The older one just felt like a more expensive statue. Also I dont get why they stopped making the base a seperate piece... I was pretty happy whe I realized that Bermejo Bats had a seperate base.

Bruce Wayne is Batman!
    Feedback
    34 (100%)
    That's great. I usually PO either from BBTS or fanboycollectibles; and of course buy them off the ol' bay. "Get Jock over by weekend", meaning POing it, right? About Miller, I believe if one is lucky enough, one can still get him for around $100. They must've started making a separate base because of the misalignment with foot pegs, leading to broken feet and cracked/scratched base.

One of the most important things is how to display them. Just don't like the way people place them in a single shelf like a herd of cattle. Each should have enough space, with a white background, well lit with white lights so that they can be seen properly. Still working on my display, maybe will be able to have them displayed properly in a few months. I like Maglor's idea of using a 'steps' display (hope he won't mind me using his pic here ):

Ok, all this talk got me perked up and I went to the attic and pulled out all these guys from different boxes and placed them together to get a pic. 20 till now, one's in the mail Good that I did this as I almost forgot the count and a couple of them which I already have. Now I have kept them all together. Group shot

Super Freak
    Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Awesome - no epic collection! Of course original Mignola is the most appealing But I also love the Gotham Night And Bolland. This is what makes this line so awesome. All these different styles really start to shine together especialaly at your number! Some figures that are not that great ( eg rogers or Bruce Timm IMO) still look great in the overall display.

Mag has displayed them very good, however this is not possible with 20 pieces. I plan on displaying them in my Ikea Expedit. 5 per stage, 2 in the front row, 1 in the center and 2 on acryl raiser at the back...

Yes, POing Jock. Just learned he is not sold out yet, but not even availale in Germany yet. Still not 100% up to date with thos line. At the moment I can PO Lee new 52 and nothing later. Which is good.

Chiang will arrive on Wednesday. Thats fast!

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast