Statue Batman: Black And White Statues (2012)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome - no epic collection! :rock Of course original Mignola is the most appealing But I also love the Gotham Night And Bolland. This is what makes this line so awesome. All these different styles really start to shine together especialaly at your number! Some figures that are not that great ( eg rogers or Bruce Timm IMO) still look great in the overall display.

Mag has displayed them very good, however this is not possible with 20 pieces. I plan on displaying them in my Ikea Expedit. 5 per stage, 2 in the front row, 1 in the center and 2 on acryl raiser at the back...

Yes, POing Jock. Just learned he is not sold out yet, but not even availale in Germany yet. Still not 100% up to date with thos line. At the moment I can PO Lee new 52 and nothing later. Which is good.

Chiang will arrive on Wednesday. Thats fast! :rock

I've got a few B+W's, and there's a few that are still on my must buy list to get eventually, but I'm definitely a fan of the line. That Bolland Joker is a day one purchase for me, and the Cooke Batman will go onto my buy list as well. Still undecided on the Jock Batman, as I'm not a big fan of the old visible pole assisted pose thing.

Awesome - no epic collection! :rock Of course original Mignola is the most appealing But I also love the Gotham Night And Bolland. This is what makes this line so awesome. All these different styles really start to shine together especialaly at your number! Some figures that are not that great ( eg rogers or Bruce Timm IMO) still look great in the overall display.

Mag has displayed them very good, however this is not possible with 20 pieces. I plan on displaying them in my Ikea Expedit. 5 per stage, 2 in the front row, 1 in the center and 2 on acryl raiser at the back...

Yes, POing Jock. Just learned he is not sold out yet, but not even availale in Germany yet. Still not 100% up to date with thos line. At the moment I can PO Lee new 52 and nothing later. Which is good.

Chiang will arrive on Wednesday. Thats fast! :rock

:) Thanks.

But to have stuff boxed up does not make sense at all. Defeats the entire concept of collecting :( I seriously need to get my act together with putting up the display. The IKEA plan sounds goods; do post some pics once you're done.

Guess who came over this morning!

IMG_2268.jpg

Do you have DC Universe Online Solomon Grundy? Pics suggest that he has very dark blue pants and dark grey jacket. Dunno if DCD will be bringing out more bad guys, least of all Grundy; might as well get him till he's available at a decent price. At 6.5-7", I hope he'll blend in with the rest of the bad guys:

dc-universe-online-solomon-grundy-dc-direct-toy-fair-2011_480_poster.jpg

Congrats on Joker! Hes awesome! Yes, you need to get them out of the box. Totally agree. Never was a friend of MOC collecting in general, yet I could never destroy a box.

@Solomon: Even the base would match. Hes really great looking. Will buy him and just add him to the comming BW shelf. Thanks for the tip!
I have also told my dealer to order the 3 DKR 7" as soon as they are availbale. As they are DCD I am pretty sure they will be same height as DCD. Also currently discussing to repaint them in bw. Might be cool looking... :dunno

Last edited:
Yeah, Mr. J looks cool:

IMG_2274.jpg

I just realised, its almost the same pose as of the Hush actionfigure :)

3149_a_full.jpg

About Grundy's base, it has the DC Universe On-line logo. The earlier pic was of the proto, I assume. I was also thinking of getting him repainted in B&W and replace the base logo with a 'custom' B&W decal :)

17301_a_full.jpg

The way TDKR 7"s paint apps looks right now, it'll be better to get them repainted in B&W :lol Post some pics if you get that done. Tell me, have you ever got a porcelain/resin statue repainted? If yes, have you applied the coat on the existing paint, or got the paint removed by thinner first. Totally new to the idea of repainting :dunno

About Grundy's base, it has the DC Universe On-line logo. The earlier pic was of the proto, I assume. I was also thinking of getting him repainted in B&W and replace the base logo with a 'custom' B&W decal :)

17301_a_full.jpg

The way TDKR 7"s paint apps looks right now, it'll be better to get them repainted in B&W :lol Post some pics if you get that done. Tell me, have you ever got a porcelain/resin statue repainted? If yes, have you applied the coat on the existing paint, or got the paint removed by thinner first. Totally new to the idea of repainting :dunno

As long as the base has the logo printed on it shouldnt be a problem to replace it by a decal. Beat Evilface would be able to do it...

About repainting: i have never done anything like this either (do I say either or neither in this case?). I would give it to a friend to repaint it. He is far better in thinks like this. However people like Josh and Seb seem to remove the original paint regulary. I will try to find out, how to get that off. Istill think those DKR sculpts look very decent and a repaint might let them shine in their real beauty...

Just looked around for Solomon Grundy. The cheapest I can find is 100 € / 125 $ shipped... Not sure If I want it that bad at the moment. However I have a feeling that value for this guy will only go up... Any thoughts on this?

Even I am not too sure about this one. Its not like this line is flying off the shelves. Apart from SG, I like only the batman figure. Not really interested in the others (Supes, GL, HQ, etc.). I see that it has been selling on eBay (US) for/between $55-80. (Completed Listings) But in Germany, can't say. Will there be taxes in getting just one statue, maybe for $100 shipped from the US? If not, better be on a look out for it on the bay.

P.S.: "Either" should be correct in the above sentence :) If the basics are clear, you will see that English corrects itself, while speaking or writing. Currently, I am in the process of learning the basics I've long forgotten. If I think too hard and then speak or write, I tend to make mistakes. Just let it flow. :wave

Last edited:
Thanks. Thats how I speak french. Just let it flow. :lol

Yes, taxes is pretty high... 19% on everything under 125 (shipping included) and even more (I believe 25%) on everything more value.

I think I will passn this guy for now and concentrate on the original bw line... :(

Per my understanding and the info available, the first volume was an exclusive mini-series and the second+third volumes were collection from the "backup stories from Batman: Gotham Knights." In that case the '2' could be a second take on B&W series.

Ariel Olivetti's Bat. I see a little of Lee there, maybe because its a generic pose/profile.

Batman-ArielOlivetti-CA2007.jpg

Got Chiang the other day. Did not have time to take pics yet, but it is a very nice statue. Good sculpt and a solid paintjob which is ot always the case with DCD. Unfortunatly one of the ears has a flaw and you can see that there is missing some paint and the white base is shining through. However nothing to complain. As the rest is very nice I can live with it and maybe fix it later by myself... :)

Congrats! Pics please :) Like many, I cannot really imagine the Bat with a gun, leave alone appreciate him. But then as Michael Crawford says, "If you simply can't have Batman shooting guns, then this statue is not for you. But if you enjoy something a little out of the ordinary, or you enjoyed his portrayal in First Wave...or you just love Chiang's work, then this just might be right up your alley."

Right now, I am concentrating more on the ones I couldn't pick earlier. Trying to buy them in the chronological manner unless I find a new release at a very good price. Like you, I am trying go by the rule of $100 shipped. Lets see...

I wish, in future, DC would release an artbook on the reference the artists used to create the statues. Would be a nice collectible. Plus I could use a spare copy to cut out the pics and use it with my display :)

cliff-chiang-batman-black-and-white-statue.jpg

Had to stop collecting these. was only going to be 12 statues, then they just kept going & raising the price. I gave up last year,I'm not even sure how many B/W statues I have.

I just received mine. It's a great statue! The illusion of it being a flat, 2D drawing is amazing.

Back