1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thx for the link Pixel. Gonna check that site once in a while and see what information i can retrieve there.

For the folks who got it shipped to Canada, were you charged any import duties?

GST/HST on the declared value plus $5 Canada Post processing fee would be the expected charge. How much are these being valued at on the customs forms? I know from plenty of experience buying stuff from China that the number can vary wildly regardless of what the actual purchase price was. ;)

Got one on its way! Congrats by the way and thanks for putting your neck out there for the community!
Four snowie squad now for me and Lee!

GST/HST on the declared value plus $5 Canada Post processing fee would be the expected charge. How much are these being valued at on the customs forms? I know from plenty of experience buying stuff from China that the number can vary wildly regardless of what the actual purchase price was. ;)

CP now charges 9.95....like everyone else...except DHL they charge $14

CP now charges 9.95....like everyone else...except DHL they charge $14

Ouch. But I've also noticed that CP/CBSA doesn't seem to levy tax on as many packages as they used to. I get plenty of things over $20 without any fees or HST to pay.

I love how DHL splits their fees so you can't tell what's going on and then they come up with some odd-ball tax calculations and totals that don't add up on any receipt - I have 4 of them from this year that I can't reconcile the totals on - been meaning to file a complaint with CBSA about them actually. If it turns out that I'll be getting in more DHL stuff from China and can't pick an alternative, I'll register to customs clear my own packages. I already have a broker and customs agent I use regularly for larger and higher dollar deliveries (freight) but this smaller stuff I'd have to do myself locally to make it worth it.

What was the production run on these supposed to be? 3500 or was that just for the ex?

Over the past couple of years I've come to wonder how many of these items get produced, and where they end up. Apparently some circulate between collectors, here and on Ebay...some disappear into permanent collections presumably...some get hoarded/stockpiled by sellers waiting to make some cash on the aftermarket but...how many?

How many people on this board own one or more of these?

Idle speculation, mostly brought on by the mysterious appearance of the toys king/toyshome stocks.

I just tracked both my orders on my national post site. Both say "Departure from outward Office of Exchange".
But one package comes from Beijing and the other one from Shanghai.

So I guess toyshome2014 and toysking2012 aren't the same person...

Yeah thanks Wor-Gar...been trying to track this down for months.

:rock

I just tracked both my orders on my national post site. Both say "Departure from outward Office of Exchange".
But one package comes from Beijing and the other one from Shanghai.

So I guess toyshome2014 and toysking2012 aren't the same person...

Now that's interesting. Could be same owner with two diffeent stores.

Five days since i ordered and finally managed to get a quote. Status reads "Collection" as of 08.12.2014.

Destination reads "France". At least its heading in the right direction :lol

Back