1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I kind of regret not buying a second Snowtrooper, but honestly didn't like the fact that they face mask would look the same on all of them due to it being sculpted. If Sideshow had gone with a fabric mask I would have definitely picked up a second one.

I passed on this one but would totally be on board for the clean Snowtrooper Lt:

CIMG0053.jpg

Ohhh, I'd be down for that, too. I want a third Snowtrooper but can't bring myself to pay e.Bay prices (it's funny, too, b/c for a long time, they were going for retail on RS, just like IG-88 Ex, but after a bit of time, both are now double retail) and they would look a little samey. Lt. (is that the same as the "Commander", btw?) would look nice with the other two, though, and mix things up a bit.

Ohhh, I'd be down for that, too. I want a third Snowtrooper but can't bring myself to pay e.Bay prices (it's funny, too, b/c for a long time, they were going for retail on RS, just like IG-88 Ex, but after a bit of time, both are now double retail) and they would look a little samey. Lt. (is that the same as the "Commander", btw?) would look nice with the other two, though, and mix things up a bit.

You got me! :dunno

Ideally what I want for my collection is one of every major OT troop: A stormie (check), a sandie (check), a TIE pilot (coming!), a snowie (waiting for the Lt Commander), and a Scoutie (coming!). I'm sure there are plenty more in the OT, but those are the ones I'd be happy with.

knock knock .. i'm always searching for my first one :((
I think a lot of people are in that boat, Cyber! As so many have said, SSC should've just made the Snowies (or any OT Imperial trooper) an open run or at the very least much larger.

Ideally what I want for my collection is one of every major OT troop: A stormie (check), a sandie (check), a TIE pilot (coming!), a snowie (waiting for the Lt Commander), and a Scoutie (coming!). I'm sure there are plenty more in the OT, but those are the ones I'd be happy with.
Yep, I think I'll stop looking for that third Snowtrooper, now that we have Scouts and TIE Fighter Pilots on the way. I'm certain a Snowtrooper Commander is only a matter of time and **** e.Bay pricing. So glad I've not caved for anything SW on the secondary market.

Last edited:
Yep, I kind of regret not buying a second Snowtrooper, but honestly didn't like the fact that they face mask would look the same on all of them due to it being sculpted. If Sideshow had gone with a fabric mask I would have definitely picked up a second one.

I was all righteous like proclaiming "I don't need to have everything" but then I caved and bought two.

I don't regret it. I will eventually swap out the breather hoods but even as-is, with one's head tilted in semi-profile and the other straight on, you can't actually tell the sculpts are the same, especially since the material is flexible.

Two is good. Three would have been overkill for me, I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, we'll have all of the heavy hitters. Only one's left I'd be interested in would be the Imperial Gunner and an AT-AT Driver.

I was all righteous like proclaiming "I don't need to have everything" but then I caved and bought two.

...Two is good. Three would have been overkill for me, I think.
Haha, yep, I think I just got too greedy there for a bit (there's been a few displays here w/3 that look great). :p

Yeah, we'll have all of the heavy hitters. Only one's left I'd be interested in would be the Imperial Gunner and an AT-AT Driver.
You down for Imperial Guards, galacti?

I have one...but would like another. That being said, if I can't get one for a good price I'll have to pass with all the new OT stuff that's coming out. :monkey2

Yes! This is my ideal line up as well (with the possible addition of a phase 1 and 2 clone just to show the evolution). The only one your missing in my must have list is the AT-AT Driver

Last edited:
I missed out on this guy and I can't believe what he's going for on eBay. :horror
Yeah, that's the thing! The Snowtrooper went giftcard eligible (so conceivably one could get one for $100.00 a pop at retail, near the end of the run) and then for a long time, people were selling them off for retail. Same w/IG-88 Exclusive. It was selling for retail for at least a year-and-a-half to two years after release and now it's $400.00. Just weird how all of the sudden a piece becomes coveted long after it's sold out.

I have one...but would like another. That being said, if I can't get one for a good price I'll have to pass with all the new OT stuff that's coming out. :monkey2
I think all the OT stuff *might* help those good deals happen sooner. As long as Snowie's the only game in town, people can afford to charge a lot and wait, but if they need money to pay for Scouts, Speeder Bikes and TIE Fighter Pilots, maybe they'll drop to something reasonable for a quick sale.

I think all the OT stuff *might* help those good deals happen sooner. As long as Snowie's the only game in town, people can afford to charge a lot and wait, but if they need money to pay for Scouts, Speeder Bikes and TIE Fighter Pilots, maybe they'll drop to something reasonable for a quick sale.

Ya, I could see this happen....I'll keep an eye out for one for sure.

Haha, yep, I think I just got too greedy there for a bit (there's been a few displays here w/3 that look great). :[...]

Well, I have three Marmit stormtroopers and in spite of the pleasing symmetry of a pair, given the visual in my head of swarms of stormies in the OT, I'm not likely to part with one but I had to draw a line on other troops; two snowtroopers, two (upcoming) scout troopers. I'm undecided on whether to bother with two sandtroopers. Granted that they have a different vibe than regular stormtroopers, but they're really just variants.

But yeah...I've seen those groups of three snowtroopers posted on this board and they're pretty rockin'. :rock

Wow, great price. Thanks, gg. Hope some of the guys here are able to jump on it. Wonder why the buy it now price is so low in comparison to the other troopers available? There's another one where people have bid it to over $300.00. Glad I decided yesterday against getting a third Snowtrooper. Just too much stuff coming at the moment for me to buy anything else.

Wow, great price. Thanks, gg. Hope some of the guys here are able to jump on it. Wonder why the buy it now price is so low in comparison to the other troopers available? There's another one where people have bid it to over $300.00. Glad I decided yesterday against getting a third Snowtrooper. Just too much stuff coming at the moment for me to buy anything else.

Man, a third was tempting for just a second. But Scout Troopers. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back