How do credit scores work?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kai

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've owned and used a credit card for many years for the sake of building some credit. All I do is just use it for groceries, gas, or any small items here and there. A few years ago, I checked my score online and it was in the high 700s. I just checked it for the heck of it and I saw a score of 659.. My spending hasn't changed and everything's been paid on time. So how come it dropped by so much? And how can I prevent it from continuing to drop?

Last edited:
It probably dropped because with the recession, people haven't been buying a lot of your chocolate.

Or it could be because of that damn kid and his pedo grandfather. Knew I shouldn't of gave the factory to him.

@ Darth Cruel

Thanks I'll check it out

If your credit card has more than half its limit then it counts as a negative even if you're making the monthly payments. And if you've ever missed a payment then that counts heavily.

Also, for me at least it's not as high as it could be just because I don't have a mortgage. Which is kind of stupid.

At the time the score was taken, it could be you had a few bills that hadn't cleared yet or an unpaid balance on your credit card. You're never gonna have a perfect credit score.

Unless your dead, and even that's after your estate is settled and your debts completely paid off.

Back