Inappropriate Tweets cost High School Football Star a Whole Lot.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They give scholarships to junior high kids?
Yep, you think all those top level football players parents are paying that kind of money. There is a reason that a lot of the top level HS programs are private schools.

His scholarships may not hold out for that. He is at the beginning of a semester for the school which leaves his shy of half a year in order to graduate. Signing day is in February (the 1st?) and some of those scholarships being shopped to him are as limited as 25. Not to mention while he is 3rd in his position and 40th overall nationwide, if a school can offer the same scholarship to #4 in his position or even #41, 42 in the nation without dealing with this headache, they just might, but I'm not sure how the GED or what he has to do at this point to get it will affect his standings overall.

Of course, if young athletes have learned nothing else, they've learned that if you have the talent, it doesn't matter how poorly you behave. I can't wait to see how this pans out come draft day.

At the district I worked at we stop funding Junior High School sports about 8 years ago. I remember the uproar from the parents because the scouts from the local private schools obviously wouldn't come and scholarship their kids.

At the district I worked at we stop funding Junior High School sports about 8 years ago. I remember the uproar from the parents because the scouts from the local private schools obviously wouldn't come and scholarship their kids.

Stupid parents the schools arent scouting jr high sports teams they are scouting the youth sports leagues.

The worst part about sports these days are the parents. They act like there kid who rides the bench is getting screwed out of a college scholarship, because they spent all the kids college money on private coaching, workout etc..

Back