1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible (relaunch)

I'll wait for the TDKR Tumbler :D

I'm torn as many of you are. In one hand I'm glad this is becoming available to those that missed out and don't have to resort to after market prices. On the other hand how are these collectibles when they'll just be re-released later on down the line. This isn't like they've improved on this; it's a straight re-release. At least with Mark I there are some improvements and it's not exactly like the first.
I don't collect for value. I collect what I like, but it is nice to know you have something that very few people have.

Hot Toys is experiencing insane growth. So many new collectors are jumping in the mix. It's clear from the 1/4 of everything announcements that they feel no economic bubbles will be burst, and it's clear from this they feel making money off new collectors in spite of old collectors is fine too. Time will tell the truth of it all, but I could easily see 3 new fans stepping in for every 1 pissed off old fan that drops out

Hot Toys déjà vu! I missed out on this the first go around. I wonder if HT will be doing any enhancements/improvements on this re-release like they are doing on the Mark I.

By agreeing with these large quantity releases, and large re-releases, you are defeating the very purpose of "High-End" collecting

Nah too drastic. I mean it sucks, sure but not for those that don't have it. It basically comes down to the "haves" and the "have nots". Hot Toys see the secondary market and they see $$$ so they cater to the "have nots".

They'll make a profit for a time until the market bites them back in the ass when their product has saturated and supply exceeds demand.

When the supply exceeds the demand there will be a surplus of "collectibles" that nobody wants and it'll fall apart. Not to mention the collectors that will feel rubbed the wrong way by all the re-releases.

hot toys produces according to pre orders plus a few many more. , how can there be excess when scalpers stay out and only thos who want order , they neednt ever worry about running out of business because of reissues.because lots of new people join every year and would like to back track if not at least hope for a improvement , otherwise another company will just step in and improve a line which hot toys has already done , leading to hot toys end. recent example would be the enterbay t800. already murmurs are there its better than the the one hot toys put out , if hot toys doesnt do anything people will move onto enterbay, simple,loyalty will go out the window

Nah too drastic. I mean it sucks, sure but not for those that don't have it. It basically comes down to the "haves" and the "have nots". Hot Toys see the secondary market and they see $$$ so they cater to the "have nots".

They'll make a profit for a time until the market b:goodpost::goodpost::exactly::exactly::lectureites them back in the ass when their product has saturated and supply exceeds demand.

When the supply exceeds the demand there will be a surplus of "collectibles" that nobody wants and it'll fall apart. Not to mention the collectors that will feel rubbed the wrong way by all the re-releases.

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::exactly::exactly::lecture

Never owned the Tumbler, very excited about getting one- at retail, to boot. I personally don't see what's wrong with Hot Toys re-releasing this vehicle to capitalize on the hype for TDKR. If it can bring in new customers and guarantee they keep making new releases, isn't this a win for everyone? I mean, except for the guy that dropped a grand on this...

I wish they would just drop the limited edition schtick and manufacture as many and for how long as people are there to buy. Like Entropy said, rarity is only cool on stuff in super limited quantities anyway. Right now it's just an illusion that's going to end up pissing you off if you think something made in the thousands is rare

By agreeing with these large quantity releases, and large re-releases, you are defeating the very purpose of "High-End" collecting

what's the purpose of collecting?

the prices make it high end anyways only adults collect it not school childrem :lecture, maybe we should ask hot toys to price it insanely hight so only few will collect it but they should not expect it to increase in value lol

this is definitely a surprise. i know that hot toys are doing relaunches/re-releases but this came as a definite surprise. i never ever thought they would re-release this. damn whats next? batpod? im still happy though. missed out on the first one.

I do think that this was kind of a cheap shot, I mean, I'm excited because I can now afford one, but everything about it seems like a quick cash grab, they could've marketed it as a TDKR or Batman Begins Tumbler with different packaging and a different item number, but it is the same item number and everything. At the very least, they could've put out some new photos with last year's Batsuit Begins figure, but it appears that they took the original promo pics with the OC Batman, and transposed on a white background. The whole thing seems like it's done on the cheap;HT has officially "whored out" the Batmobile. As I said, though, I'm more than happy to take advantage of the fact.

The best thing about this release is that:

1. We'll get to see what four years of Hot Toys inflation equates to with a straight-up identical re-release. They didn't even take new photos!

2. We'll get a rough idea of what the Burton Batmobile may cost :)

If you're a collector who truly loves collecting cool movie replicas then rereleases won't bother you.

See, I don't know where I stand with this. I'm a collector who essentially buys for what I'm interested in, the latest '89 Batman for example. I have absolutely no interest in selling it and really don't care how "valued" it is (unless it's much less than what I bought it for). If something I own is worth more than I bought it for, fantastic.

If that very same thing that I just bought is re-released though, I don't know, it really rubs me the wrong way.

I don't even have the Tumbler, never owned it, never wanted it and I still feel this is "wrong" in some way. I don't have the batpod, I carelessly missed out. I'd like one, but not for the secondary market price. Should Hot Toys re-release a new one to cater to me? I don't think so. It just seems like a money grab to me. They don't care who has one or who doesn't, they just saw the secondary market prices and figured to cash in.

Then there's the fact that this is going to be out before the '89 Batmobile. I love their product for the most part but their practices continue to confuse me.

:exactly:

If people buy these as an investment, like the stock market, it's a gamble.

If you're a collector who truly loves collecting cool movie replicas then rereleases won't bother you. In fact you may have a chance to get an item you missed out on or a figure you already have improved upon.

Concerned if an item may be rereleased or released with improvements later? Then don't buy it the first go around.

TBH thats the only concern a toy collector should have , spending 500$ on a product and another onw with improvement releasing 2 years later. fortunately in this case it seems a straight re release unlike the predator and mark 1 where collectors who bought the first have to again dish out hundreds for some extra accesories..the only way that can be overcome honestly is reduced prices so collectors dont feel the pinch when ordering a new second release

I feel I wouldn't have been angry if this was a camo tumbler, but for heaven's sake its the same black one!

Here's Hoping for HT Godfather:Redux in 2013!:nana:

Back