Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait until the 75th anniversary of the announcement.:lecture

naked-gun-nothing-to-see-here-reaction-frank-drebin-police-squad-13911001861.gif

You boys keep your fingers crossed, now. Arkham City, Back to the Future; maybe they can complete the Holy Trinity of licenses on the backburner by adding Returns to the mix this week. The funny thing about all this is that, while this is shaping up to be an exciting Toy Fair/SDCC, it's not really a surprising one. I'm curious if they'll have anything on display that hasn't previously been announced and/or alluded to and that isn't Iron Man or Marvel.

You boys keep your fingers crossed, now. Arkham City, Back to the Future; maybe they can complete the Holy Trinity of licenses on the backburner by adding Returns to the mix this week. The funny thing about all this is that, while this is shaping up to be an exciting Toy Fair/SDCC, it's not really a surprising one. I'm curious if they'll have anything on display that hasn't previously been announced and/or alluded to and that isn't Iron Man or Marvel.

With Arkham Batman, there's no way they show any more Batman right now...

Truly sad.

You sure about that? They showed '66 and Nolan stuff last year. I'm pretty sure there were at least a few Nolan items on display with DX 08 and The Batmobile. Why would it be so out of the realm of possibility for them to show Returns and Arkham? I'm not saying to expect it and be disappointed. I'm just saying, after seeing how the past few days have turned out, it'd be nice if it did happen.

Not really sure, believe me...

Exactly. Priorities, responsibilities. Everything changes in a 4 year period. Hard to justify a $400 toy (that's how much it'll cost) when there's other things demanding your attention in the near future.

2 years ago? I would've gotten 2 of each.

There's still hope for Returns! The IM Mark 3 diecast and Marty Mcfly are MMS releases.Everyone was thinking that BTTF was going to be a DX release. I think Returns will happen maybe not at SDCC.

Sadly, HT must have put this project under "non-urgent" as they know that it will still sell once it comes out. It's a classic, and the movie's almost 25 years old -- no rush making it since there's no fear the figures would be "not current". HT's in a serious relationship with Marvel who keeps cranking sequels after sequels with new franchises in-between, and I guess HT thinks they should keep up with it or the figures won't sell. Loki was released earlier than expected with less improvements compared to its proto, perhaps out of fear that taking too long might result to cancellations and collectors just waiting for the Thor 3 release.

It is most likely DX15, and will probably be shown at either SDCC or AniCom. I mean, Howard said it was nearly done before last Xmas, it's obvious he's saving it for one of the shows.

Back