CW Green Arrow series, "Arrow"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also get extremely frustrated by Oliver accepting Slade's deluded reality as truth. I don't know about you, but, when Ivo pointed that gun at Sarah, I saw Ollie jump in front of it. Had it been Shado the gun was aimed at, I think he'd have done the same. Ollie didn't value Sarah's life over Shado's, he valued both their lives over his own, and, yet, he hasn't even tried to say that to Slade.

Yeah, it's one of the weaker points in the ongoing story. I never bought that a badass like Slade would 1: suddenly go gaga over an island girl who's really not in his age range and 2: not recognize a Catch-22 when he saw it. It should have been easily understood but again, here comes the Mirakuru plot device to "miraculously" gloss over the issue. Ollie and Sarah playing into that mindset is a mystery. The writers guaged that one a bit wrong.

Plus, as far as Shado goes, what happened to Slade's wife and kids? I'll bet Mrs. Wilson is pissed that her husband is role playing as Kevin Spacey in American Beauty instead of Tom Hanks in Cast Away.:lol

I can't see them killing off Slade, Deathstroke is too big of a character. I think somehow Ollie will save Slades life and they leave on neutral terms.

I also get extremely frustrated by Oliver accepting Slade's deluded reality as truth. I don't know about you, but, when Ivo pointed that gun at Sarah, I saw Ollie jump in front of it. Had it been Shado the gun was aimed at, I think he'd have done the same. Ollie didn't value Sarah's life over Shado's, he valued both their lives over his own, and, yet, he hasn't even tried to say that to Slade.

Exactly what ive thought since it happened, i can understand Oliver's guilt at not saving Shado but not why neither he nor Sara have explained how he was willing to sacrifice himself to Slade before they attacked the Amazo.

This series has been up and down for me lately. The Suicide Squad episode was "down". The Huntress ep was "up". Tonight's ep was all sizzle and no steak. It is starting to veer into Smallville territory for me with the Thea being mad that Ollie lied to her about Malcolm Merlyn being her father (p.s. - how did Slade know that Ollie knew that tidbit?). Then the scenes with Roy were incredibly frustrating. I am hating his character more and more. Finally, the reveal that Isabella was working for Slade and is also a trained martial arts person was too soap opera-y for my tastes.

What could have saved this episode was if Slade had killed Laurel at the end. Think about how that would have been the perfect way for Slade to get back at both Ollie and Sara. No, instead he tells her that Ollie is the Arrow. Shocker! We better not spend the next episode with Laurel (and Thea) mad at Ollie. People need to grow the f up.

I knew the minute Olly signed over CEO to her that something was going down, and I wondered when she was going to show her fighting skills as she kicked *** in Serenity and the Firefly series.

Kinda dumb that officer Lance is in jail for bringing in Slade for the kidnapping of Thea that GA helped tip him off on but was released, but then the media reports that it was Slade who did do it. Let the man go free.

I thought the same thing, now they have to let the detective out or it will look pretty bad on the force.

good point never made that connection till now. all I know is they better mix up that cure soon cause ***** gonna hit the fan.

Quentin Lance has developed into the James Gordon of the series, i think this season he has really thrown off the shackles and become an important supporting character equal to Diggle and Felicity.

I'm not sure i want them to cure the Mirakuru, more tone it down and control the psycological effects. I think though its virtually obvious that Malcolm Merlyn will return and join forces with Team Arrow against the Blood Cult/H.I.V.E. even if its just temporary.

You just know Roy will be patient zero for the cure. I really hope that, if it works, we get to see him develop into Arsenal or Red Arrow before season's end.

You just know Roy will be patient zero for the cure. I really hope that, if it works, we get to see him develop into Arsenal or Red Arrow before season's end.

I think they've been dropping huge hints that he'll be more or less a combination of the two, especially his Red Arrow alias with the red hoodie and Oliver teaching him to use the bow.

I was half expecting Merlyn to show up and save Thea. Man, he dropped off the face of the Earth after his "resurrection ".

I was half expecting Merlyn to show up and save Thea. Man, he dropped off the face of the Earth after his "resurrection ".
I know right. Another wasted opportunity.

I was expecting Slade to turn the gun on Thea after he turned his back on Moira, then Malcolm would come in and save her somehow.

Regardless, I thought this was a great episode and much better than most we've seen this half of the season.

I know right. Another wasted opportunity.

I was expecting Slade to turn the gun on Thea after he turned his back on Moira, then Malcolm would come in and save her somehow.

Regardless, I thought this was a great episode and much better than most we've seen this half of the season.

I guess we can at least say its not predictable. :lol
That's exactly what I was thinking also. :duff

Hmmm, surprised there isn't more chatter about last night's episode. The episode was pretty forgettable until the last 10 minutes. File that ending under "didn't see that coming". I thought it was a fitting end to the character though. I wonder if this means Ollie is going to kill (or try) Deathstroke now. Maybe Merlyn will come back now since his daughter is now without any parental guidance. Hope this slaps Thea out of her "wah! everyone lies to me" mode. Her and Roy are almost unwatchable now. They need to get that Mirakuru out of Roy's system pronto, so he can start becoming the Red Arrow/Arsenal.

What about Ollie's kid? I am guessing that is something that will be popping up next season? Based on the preview, next week's episode looks pretty action packed. Time for Team Arrow to start kicking some @ss.

I don't know about next season, but it does seem like a potential plot thread for future seasons, since, in the Pre-New 52 books, at least, Ollie had a son named Connor Hawke.

Back