Hot Toys - MMS168 - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark I (2.0)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And that is what I don't exactly get. The "feel". I think it's a plus if the collector actually plays with the figures, or at least hold it every now and then to feel "the weight" as opposed to just putting it on the shelves for viewing. I have seen WM 1.0 and WM 2.0 altogether on display and you can't tell that one is actually part metal. I understand every high-end collector's wanting each figure to LOOK as realistic as possible, but to consider one is not as good because it FEELS like a toy? I don't get it. These are toys to begin with, only more expensive and more realistic in detail. No matter how heavy it would be as much as it is smaller than 1:1 then it would still be closest to a toy than the real thing. What's next, collectors wanting rubber to feel like real skin?

And that is what I don't exactly get. The "feel". I think it's a plus if the collector actually plays with the figures, or at least hold it every now and then to feel "the weight" as opposed to just putting it on the shelves for viewing. I have seen WM 1.0 and WM 2.0 altogether on display and you can't tell that one is actually part metal. I understand every high-end collector's wanting each figure to LOOK as realistic as possible, but to consider one is not as good because it FEELS like a toy? I don't get it. These are toys to begin with, only more expensive and more realistic in detail. No matter how heavy it would be as much as it is smaller than 1:1 then it would still be closest to a toy than the real thing. What's next, collectors wanting rubber to feel like real skin?

Exactly, fell the weight is cool for all of 5 minutes, Then it gets put on a shelf

Thanks for the tip man! Seller got it covered, told me all lights are working and the batteries were taken out before to avoid leaks :) Be meeting the seller this weekend, I wish I could do so earlier but work's tight right now! :)

Cool man, hope it works out for you!
I'm surprised Howard wouldn't redo every armor

Ironman + Diecast = Easy Money

Im pretty sure HT isnt making that much money compared to their plastic Iron Men

Everyone basically plays with their figures.. Posing is playing. Adding accessories or placing them with certain figures is playing as well. I agree detail is everything in 1/6 collecting. My mark vii "looks" better than my diecast war machine, but IMO because of the "feel" of it it has a better overall quality. I feel like I can "play" with it and don't have to be so delicate when handling it like the vii. I feel like one bad pull or something and I might break it

I am VERY late to this party but I finally got around to opening mine up. I was worried at first as it was a sealed item and I saw batteries rolling around inside loose. I thought maybe they exploded - all was good as the compartment just loosened. The factory did put in the wrong batteries though :slap. This is by far my favorite armor and if I could only keep 1 this would be it - seriously :yess:.

While I was on my vacation I stopped over at Corner Store Comics the other day and too my surprise they had this guy for sale. I ignored every other item and bought this. I will open him when I return home Friday. Very pumped. Didn't get a good look at him yet but I know he'll be awesome.

While I was on my vacation I stopped over at Corner Store Comics the other day and too my surprise they had this guy for sale. I ignored every other item and bought this. I will open him when I return home Friday. Very pumped. Didn't get a good look at him yet but I know he'll be awesome.

Oh wow dude, score. The 2.0 is one of my favorite figs due to the detail. Hope you enjoy it!

Congrats man. It's one of the most unique and truly bang-for-the-buck armors, and we're talking about the details alone.

Thanks man! It's killing me that I can't open him up right now. Just a couple more days and I'll be able to see him fully.

How much was it? If you don't mind my asking.

I believe I paid $375 plus tax which was about $406.

This was the first HT figure I ever got. Amazing figure and still my favorite in my collection.
I really can't wait to actually open and look around at this figure. Once I saw the box in the store I just couldn't look at anything else.

I got mine second hand on ebay I want to say, can't remember for sure, and paid $210 shipped. Definitely a steal on my part! This was a couple of years ago too.

Great deal indeed! Since I'm a little late it cost me more but I think once I open him up I'll be very happy.

I just opened this guy up and wow! the amount of detail is out of this world. So glad I bought this. Very much worth the money.

Back