How do I burn my iTunes video files to a DVD that is playable in my DVD player?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not found a way to do that. I got an Apple TV last year for Christmas, and it just streams my videos to the TV. So I gave up looking for a DVD creating method, but even when I was interested, I couldn't find a way to make it work. If their software allowed people to burn a bunch of DVDs from a single purchased video file, there would be even more bootleg DVDs at the swap meet than there are now. They wouldn't be able to control what you did with your hard copies once they were created, so rather than allow people to open up a bootleg DVD store in their garage, they limit playback to Apple hardware/software.

The industry is getting completely paranoid about piracy, and even traditional digital copies are being phased out. Now everybody is switching to Ultraviolet streaming copies that will expire in a year. They are going to force us to have no hard copies and no permanent files stored on our hard drives or portable devices--just streaming video with temporary permission that can be turned off when they feel like it.

I have not found a way to do that. I got an Apple TV last year for Christmas, and it just streams my videos to the TV. So I gave up looking for a DVD creating method, but even when I was interested, I couldn't find a way to make it work. If their software allowed people to burn a bunch of DVDs from a single purchased video file, there would be even more bootleg DVDs at the swap meet than there are now. They wouldn't be able to control what you did with your hard copies once they were created, so rather than allow people to open up a bootleg DVD store in their garage, they limit playback to Apple hardware/software.

The industry is getting completely paranoid about piracy, and even traditional digital copies are being phased out. Now everybody is switching to Ultraviolet streaming copies that will expire in a year. They are going to force us to have no hard copies and no permanent files stored on our hard drives or portable devices--just streaming video with temporary permission that can be turned off when they feel like it.

tomandshell, I bought the new season of Mike Judge's Beavis and Butt-Head through iTunes. It cost me $19.99 so I am looking to make a playable DVD of it as a backup if my PC would go down.

I also pre-ordered it on Blu-ray.

Nick

You can't burn a DVD through iTunes, only music so far. It can stream, but not burn. If your PC goes down, just redownload it.

If you really want to burn it, you could try copying them to a random folder, and burn them through a program like Nero or WMP, but you might need to convert them or take off the locks that make sure they are limited to Apple software and hardware as tomandshell stated.

tomandshell, I bought the new season of Mike Judge's Beavis and Butt-Head through iTunes. It cost me $19.99 so I am looking to make a playable DVD of it as a backup if my PC would go down.

I also pre-ordered it on Blu-ray.

Nick

You can back up your iTunes files collectively.

I never used itunes for video. If you stream without having the actual file on your PC then I can't see a way to make it to DVD. But if you do have the file downloaded it shouldn't be that hard. Probably just need to convert file or remove the DRM protection.

So Ultraviolet digital copies are not files that you get to keep forever? Then why should we have to pay for them? The industry will see a drop in sales if they do away with traditional digital copies where people get the file to keep. People are all about being portable these days. People like me with Cerebral palsy rely on traditional digital copies as it is hard for me to deal with the discs.

Nick

You'll need to remove the DRM protection on the videos to do anything other than play it through iTunes/Apple product. Doing a quick google search, there are various ways and programs to do so. I'm sure there's a free program out there that will remove it for you.

So Ultraviolet digital copies are not files that you get to keep forever? Then why should we have to pay for them? The industry will see a drop in sales if they do away with traditional digital copies where people get the file to keep. People are all about being portable these days. People like me with Cerebral palsy rely on traditional digital copies as it is hard for me to deal with the discs.

Nick

Yeah, it's ____ty. But there's nothing you can do. At least nothing you can legally.

tomandshell, It looks as if with Ultraviolet we will be able to download the films to our PCs, Make a DVD that is playable in our DVD and Blu-ray players, and our rights to the films never expire! :D

See here: :D

https://www.uvvu.com/faqs.php

I hope that helps everyone :D

The Monster,
Nick

Back