Premium Format Sideshow Sucker Punch BABYDOLL PF!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surprising release but very nice nonetheless. Look forward to the full reveal.

Expecting another "mere three colors" and "retarded eyes" paint on the production piece :yess:

It still amazes me how just about everybody is able to judge a statue based on one (1) picture, a picture that even doen't show the entire statue.

Just make sure and get the paint on the eyes right. Extreme left and right looking eyes seem to be difficult for the factory to paint correctly.

can't wait for the full reveal :impatient:

but i think i already know what the excluisve will be :lol:lol:lol

first, i dont trust sideshow with action pose. 9 out of 10 their action pose always look awkward. kotobukiya they aint.

second, the strongest aspect of GG's babydoll is the head - its beautiful accurate face sculpt and gorgeous rendering of the hair locks down the shoulders. sideshow's face doesnt capture emily's, expression is awkward, and the windswept hair is all over the place.

sorry. GG's > SS's, by a mile. if you cant find the GG's one then sure you might justify it by saying this is better, but you're not fooling anyone but yourself.

can't wait for the full reveal :impatient:

but i think i already know what the excluisve will be :lol:lol:lol

I'm hoping that it's a switch out right arm with either a HK MP7A1 or the katana for alternate display.

But we'll probably get a print. :lol I like prints but I prefer the switch out goodies.

first, i dont trust sideshow with action pose. 9 out of 10 their action pose always look awkward. kotobukiya they aint.

second, the strongest aspect of GG's babydoll is the head - its beautiful accurate face sculpt and gorgeous rendering of the hair locks down the shoulders. sideshow's face doesnt capture emily's, expression is awkward, and the windswept hair is all over the place.

sorry. GG's > SS's, by a mile. if you cant find the GG's one then sure you might justify it by saying this is better, but you're not fooling anyone but yourself.

I'm not gonna say that GG's BD is better than SS's, after seeing only the teaser, until I see the full reveal. That's not a fair evaluation.

Besides GG's statue, IMO, is in a class all it's own. I'm sure Sideshow's PF will a good interpretation of the character.

I'm not gonna say that GG's BD is better than SS's, after seeing only the teaser, until I see the full reveal. That's not a fair evaluation.

Besides GG's statue, IMO, is in a class all it's own. I'm sure Sideshow's PF will a good interpretation of the character.
you can see the whole face sculpt bright and clear even in that one pic. if i can only see her ear, then i might reserve my judgement, but the face is plain to see there.

that, plus the track record of sideshow's awkward action pose and cartoonish windswept hair, i can pretty much conclude this is an inferior piece to GG's. the only plus, to me, is the real clothing. a naked GG's + pf clothing would be the ideal piece.

you can see the whole face sculpt bright and clear even in that one pic. if i can only see her ear, then i might reserve my judgement, but the face is plain to see there.

that, plus the track record of sideshow's awkward action pose and cartoonish windswept hair, i can pretty much conclude this is an inferior piece to GG's. the only plus, to me, is the real clothing. a naked GG's + pf clothing would be the ideal piece.

I prefer to wait and see the portrait from all angles. As far as the likeness is concerned there's enough of Emily Browning there for me to recognize her. I don't care if no one else sees her likeness.

As for it being inferior...again I'll wait to see. I don't like to make snap judgments without seeing the full picture.

I think the eyes are going to be a problem. They don't even look right on the proto.

i got you. but i'm never one to justify a mediocre sculpt to 'bad lighting' or 'bad angle'. a good sculpt will always look good in any angle and in dimmed lighting, so making snap judgement from one pic is always easy to me.

i got you. but i'm never one to justify a mediocre sculpt to 'bad lighting' or 'bad angle' like some people always do here. a good sculpt will always look good in any angle and in dimmed lighting, so making snap judgement from one pic is always easy to me.

Okey dokey.

We'll just agree to disagree. :peace

no i cant tolerate disagreement. i'll give you until more pics show up for you to come to my side.

:lol

:peace

That statue looks awesome!.:eek

I wonder if it will become better than the gentle giant piece.

I'm definately interested, I wonder what they've done with the base, having her stand on some trench ground or with some giant samurai bits would be cool as well. I just hope it doesn't come out too soon, I'm completely strapped right now. Still hoping we'll see pinhead sometime in the next few days as well.

i gotta say, it's a very smart move by sideshow to stick her a-s-s out like so. with her wearing such a short skirt(and of real cloth too), and her butt positioned like that, the a-s-s is going to be the single best selling point of the piece imo. the face could be mediocre, the action pose could be awkward, but knowing geeks, that a-s-s would prove irresistible.

smart move, sideshow, smart move. if you cant beat the sculpt, just show her butt.

Back