Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess the moral of the story is not to panic and buy from Ebay right away... I feel bad for the people who spent $800+ on this...

I'm super happy though having missed out on it. Glad it wasn't actually sold out. It's the only mythos I want.

Funny I check out this thread. I'm about to list mine for sale and saw this was going for like $800 on ebay then see more are coming. Interesting.

Is this coming out again just for Europe or US as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thats BS from Sideshow ! Im glad for you who missed out.. but WTF is that now ?!

Thats what I am thinking too... total chump move by sideshow. If its not officially sold out then don't list it as SOLD OUT.

this leaves a very foul taste IMO about the ethic of this company !! If I would be one of the people bought it now for so much more on the aftermarket I would explode of rage and be done with them..

is there any official statement that this is really happening ? still can to believe if so

SSAlex on Ben...

The retailers are the first round of folks to get them, then if enough pieces are available the wait listers would be the next round. If there aren't enough pieces left between the retailers and wait listers then it would not be put back on the site.

Asked around at my local shop, Mythos Vader will come for pre-order in July and Fett some time after that.

So I worked my *** off last summer to get these statues, since it was almost sold out. But NOW it actually isn't sold out??? Wtf

Collectiblesdirect and forbidden planet uk are getting new stock and taking new orders and thats just to name two. I had the email couple of days ago from FP telling me to order.

https://forbiddenplanet.com/91219-star-wars-statue-mythos-ben-kenobi/

Stock coming in December 2014 (look on lefthand side)

https://www.collectiblesdirect.co.uk/star-wars-mythos-statue-15-ben-kenobi-sideshow-exclusive-45-cm-reproduction.html

Coming 01/15

Im sure US stockists must be getting new stock too.

Hey Stranger,

I gotta ask. Are those prices British pounds or Euros? If it's pounds, those prices are outrageous!

Why is everyone so mad? If they didn't make all of the statues and are now making them all what's the big deal? If they made an additional 2000 I could see why you'd be mad, but completing the original ES isn't poor business ethics. They were probably tentative on the subject matter and didn't want to risk having unsold units. It's just business.

Its the fact that they mark things as SOLD OUT so people who miss them or come in late have to pay more on ebay then all the sudden they decide to make the rest. I am fine with them making the stated edition size... just don't pull this crap of sold out, no its not, sold out, no its not, sold out, no its not.

And if they are worried about unsold units them make the edition sizes smaller to begin with. Make 1000 of this Obi then if its popular make a different one later.

Exactly. Marking it as "Sold Out" is misleading and tells the potential buyer that it will never be available again. When that buyer then resorts to eBay to get the piece and spends a lot more on it and then finds out SS decided to produce the remaining number of statues that is an outright lie. Very poor form SS. :mad:

Back