Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want! Maybe they will magically find some in stock at SS.

Sounds like they did for vader and Fett. More than likely they will for obi wan, which is a shame because I already put on my pre order for vader and already have Fett

I bought a Fett off Ebay like a week before too. I only paid about 80 over retail, so I didn't get hosed too bad. It's such a great statue that it's ok. PF's cost as much nowadays anyways.

I'm dying to get my hands on Obi, I saw a photo of this statue a couple of years ago in a Obi Wan article and started collection SS statues. It´s a shame that we didn´t get it here in Mexico. I trusted the two SS retailers we have here and they let me down, I even bought the custom lightsaber from Michael (MYC), but obi suddenly "sold out":panic:...finally a glimpse of hope, my Mythos collection could be complete!

I'm dying to get my hands on Obi, I saw a photo of this statue a couple of years ago in a Obi Wan article and started collection SS statues. It´s a shame that we didn´t get it here in Mexico. I trusted the two SS retailers we have here and they let me down, I even bought the custom lightsaber from Michael (MYC), but obi suddenly "sold out":panic:...finally a glimpse of hope, my Mythos collection could be complete!

According to SSAlex they never finished making the full 2000 for Obi-Wan so there is another batch coming.

According to SSAlex they never finished making the full 2000 for Obi-Wan so there is another batch coming.

Not an attack directed at you, but why the *** would SS then put it at 'sold out' for months. If this is true, they flat out lied to us.

Not an attack directed at you, but why the *** would SS then put it at 'sold out' for months. If this is true, they flat out lied to us.

That question has been asked many many times. They responded on another board by saying they didn't think that they would ever make the rest so at that time it really was "Sold Out" but seeing how popular it was they just decided to finish the run.

Brings up a another question, I wonder how many statues are really made of each statue we own.

Well, that’s another good question. On the statue forum board where I got the above answer about Obi they also said it does happen sometimes where they will not make an entire run of a statue. They said it doesn’t happen often but it does happen, although they didn’t respond when I asked how far back can they go to finish a run if something suddenly becomes popular again. So who the hell knows what could be “completed” down the line.

Two Swedish retailers have this up for pre-order, in stock later this year in December.. another Italian retailer has it in stock now. What the..? I thought these were completely sold out. Are they making another batch?

Edit: Italian retailer will have his in stock January 2015 and told me it was a "back to production" item.

Last edited:
Two Swedish retailers have this up for pre-order, in stock later this year in December.. another Italian retailer has it in stock now. What the..? I thought these were completely sold out. Are they making another batch?

They are supposedly making the rest of the original 2000.

All I can give you is the reply they gave me on another board...

I can certainly understand the frustration that many people are having over the rest of a production run being revisited but I will tell you that at the time a piece is sold out that there is not a thought of 'We'll go ahead for sure make the rest of the production run in XYZ months' because when we sell it out the thought process is that we'll be done with that piece. Then over a certain time period interest is garnered (customers/fans start contacting us about the a piece being available and how they'd like it in larger numbers, retailers showing lots of interest to have more pieces of said item and so on) and so a piece may be revisited.

Does this happen often? No. Will it happen from time to time? Yes.

I can see what SS is saying, but at least clarify that on the product page. Say the first batch is sold out and odds are either good or slim the second and/or final batch will be revisited. Sold out to us means it is done and no more are being made.

So I suppose there is no guarantee Kenobi will be in stock in the US with Sideshow? Got into this line late but would definitely pick one up should the opportunity come up

So I suppose there is no guarantee Kenobi will be in stock in the US with Sideshow? Got into this line late but would definitely pick one up should the opportunity come up

I've got one on pre order from the UK myself. If Sideshow does open orders for NA customers, I'll try to get one from them. I don't understand why third party retailers are able to get them but Sideshow can't, and only European retailers as well.

What makes absolutely no sense is that it is clear they are offering up pre-orders to all these over seas retailers yet there are clearly numerous sideshow members/collectors who are wait listed for this piece, why not fulfill those orders first? Why are we being ignored and possibly forced to try and procure one of these from a dealer other than sideshow? Just a seems silly to me

German retailer Space-Figuren has this up for pre-order at 350 euros with free shipping to European countries. You don't have to pay until the item is in stock (which is something I greatly appreciate after the Mother's Basement fiasco). Only downside as with all of the retailers selling the new reproduction batch.. statue won't be in stock until the 1st quarter of 2015.

https://www.space-figuren.de/All-Ma...Ben-Kenobi-Mythos-Statue-Star-Wars::7379.html

Shipping costs to USA and Canada are 20/40€ depending on method you choose. Also want to remind you North Americans that if you decide to buy the statue from them (or buy anything at all from Europe) let them know you don't want to pay VAT which is 19% of the price in Germany. I'm pretty sure you don't have to pay this amount. So you'd be getting a much better deal than us Europeans.. as you always do, lol.

Back