Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember when this went up for preorder and thinking there's no way in hell it would sell out and I would just pick it up later down the road for below retail. Boy was I wrong.

I remember when i first bought him and very slightly regretted it. Thought hes too big, too many pieces, too heavy, too fragile. It took a few months to fully appreciate the detail and craftsmanship of this masterpiece.

There's two for sale on this site, as I write this. One for $675 and another for $700.

There's less that 800 left, there's people that reported having Obi's with numbers as high as 1700's almost 1800, If I remember well mine's around the 1500's So whatever's left isn't much, probably a couple hundred.

Oh really... my mistake, somewhere I picked up the idea that 1,200 or the original run were made. So, maybe there won't be much of a dip in value once the new ones come out.

Maybe they would.
But they wouldn't go any further. They would simply keep purchasing SS products, and SS would once again get away with one more thing.

I'm really not sure now much blame we can place on SS for this one, without knowing more about how this all went down. For all we know SS never told the international retailers they'd be getting these for sure, or how many they'd be getting. I'm also pretty sure it wouldn't be news to the retailers that SS direct orders were going to take precedence. I mean c'mon, why would they limit orders on their own site without knowing how many would order internationally?

Early on, Sideshow made it clear that they were making this last batch specifically for the EU market and that NA collectors would only have a chance to order if there were statues left over. And at some point they reversed that stance and left all the EU retailers out in the cold. It makes sense that they'd rather sell this last batch domestically and without a middle man, but why didn't they just do it that way from the beginning? They gave a bunch of collectors false hope.

Early on, Sideshow made it clear that they were making this last batch specifically for the EU market and that NA collectors would only have a chance to order if there were statues left over. And at some point they reversed that stance and left all the EU retailers out in the cold. It makes sense that they'd rather sell this last batch domestically and without a middle man, but why didn't they just do it that way from the beginning? They gave a bunch of collectors false hope.

I got screwed as everyone else who pre-ordered from EU sellers but I never as an official announcement or and official sideshow rep saying that "they were making this last batch specifically for the EU market "...

Just got an email cancelation from lacitedesnuanges, they are full of crap, I'm really starting to think that all the stock the European sellers offered was without consulting sideshow first, all the excuses I've heard so far are quite stupid. Today I got a new excuse :rotfl, It seems that someone at Lacitedesnuanges heard the news that mythos line was put on hold by Disney and they're telling me this ******** LMAO:

"Unfortunately, Star Wars Obi Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue 46cm Exclusive - Sideshow which you ordered, has been cancelled by the supplier.

From time to time manufacturers cancel items for a variety of reasons. In this case, Diney forbid the production of the collection Mythos by Sideshow.

We apologize for any inconvenience. The order you placed for this item has been cancelled in our system. The deposit of 34.00 € you paid will be refunded on your Paypal address."

****ing *******s, glad I got mine a couple of months ago...

Wow. That is a terrible excuse. Sorry to hear so many got their orders cancelled. Should have never gotten them up for PO if they were not going to fill the orders.

There is no question SS offered these to EU dealers. The number they were offered is open to debate.

In the end, despite being told they could accept at least some orders, SS decided to give EU dealers absolutely nothing.

I agree that the situation was poorly handled, but I was on the waitlist before they were ever offered to EU retailers and got my waitlist converted. I'd have been a little upset if my WL got passed over just because I am in the USA.

I agree that the situation was poorly handled, but I was on the waitlist before they were ever offered to EU retailers and got my waitlist converted. I'd have been a little upset if my WL got passed over just because I am in the USA.

fair point.

All of this mess was created by SS decision to not make the full run up front and then cry "sold out". I guess it worked financially for them in the end, but at the expense of their reputation.

I think you guys are reading into all this a little much. Production run wasn't completed they offered the remaining out to retailers and the demand was higher than the supply. The second pre order on SS gobbled all them up in hours, I don't think SS intended to mislead anyone. Something better will come along and people will forget this

Is there no way the Mythos Vader fits into the Billy bookcase ?? ( Depth: 11 " Height: 79 1/2 " Width: 31 1/2 ")

Seems Obi Wan will be okay...my Vader will be arriving soon and I had planned to get the Billy and slap on Morliden glass doors; looking at the specs on Sideshow's website seems like Vader ( 12" W (304.8mm) x 11" L) MIGHT be a problem. Are this specs accurate?

Anyone been able to angle him nicely in a way that works? I wanted to display both Kenobi and Vader on one shelf.

.............Couldn't locate the Mythos Vader thread so posted here

Is there no way the Mythos Vader fits into the Billy bookcase ?? ( Depth: 11 " Height: 79 1/2 " Width: 31 1/2 ")

Seems Obi Wan will be okay...my Vader will be arriving soon and I had planned to get the Billy and slap on Morliden glass doors; looking at the specs on Sideshow's website seems like Vader ( 12" W (304.8mm) x 11" L) MIGHT be a problem. Are this specs accurate?

Anyone been able to angle him nicely in a way that works? I wanted to display both Kenobi and Vader on one shelf.

.............Couldn't locate the Mythos Vader thread so posted here

I was wondering where that thread disappeared to as well...

Back