Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What makes absolutely no sense is that it is clear they are offering up pre-orders to all these over seas retailers yet there are clearly numerous sideshow members/collectors who are wait listed for this piece, why not fulfill those orders first? Why are we being ignored and possibly forced to try and procure one of these from a dealer other than sideshow? Just a seems silly to me
I agree with you it just doesn't make sense

I was able to get in on the re opening of the Vader Mythos, would love to do the same for this and Boba... Currently on the WL for Boba.

Have you guys seen the teaser for "Completing you Mythos Collection" in the Sideshow Newsletter? Here is the quote:

Complete Your Star Wars Mythos Collection!
Star Wars Mythos Collection

Discover new and favorite characters from the Star Wars universe including Darth Vader, Boba Fett and more as you've never seen them before, in the Sideshow Star Wars Mythos collection!

Hopefully this mean s we might be able to pre order Ben Kenobi from Sideshow soon.

So if this does go back up for preorder again do you think it will be 5000 like Darth Vader or just a couple hundred?

So if this does go back up for preorder again do you think it will be 5000 like Darth Vader or just a couple hundred?

no, they had already set the edition size at 2000. According to someone from Sideshow, they didn't make the entire 2000 the last time, so now they are doing the remaining ones.

Oh man, I am on this for sure. Clone Wars show has been hyping me up for all things star wars lol. The only one I don't care for is Vader for some reason. It may be one in person that I have to see. Love this Obi though.

Don't get me wrong I am very happy for all of you that are planning to grab Obi as soon as he goes up for sale on SS. I am just not very happy about this. I bought my Obi off eBay a couple months ago, because SS had me thinking I had no chance through the wait list and then they announced it "sold out". To me that is being dishonest. Basically they lied to us and had people scrambling around buying Obi in the secondary markets at a higher price. My attitude towards SS is "whatever" and for you guys to finally getting a chance to pick up Obi, I'm happy for you!! :clap

Don't get me wrong I am very happy for all of you that are planning to grab Obi as soon as he goes up for sale on SS. I am just not very happy about this. I bought my Obi off eBay a couple months ago, because SS had me thinking I had no chance through the wait list and then they announced it "sold out". To me that is being dishonest. Basically they lied to us and had people scrambling around buying Obi in the secondary markets at a higher price. My attitude towards SS is "whatever" and for you guys to finally getting a chance to pick up Obi, I'm happy for you!! :clap

That does suck, but my understanding was SS only made about 1500 out of the 2000 and decided to end it there as demand for the statue slowed down, but then several months later they got requests from lots of retailers for this statue plus I bet their wait list contributed to it also, as a business why wouldn't you finish the last 500 if demand became high again? I know a lot of people were miffed that Obi-Wan didn't come with his lightsaber so they didn't order it but then regretted it later which probably drove up the demand in the aftermarket. I don't think SS intention was to screw over customers by saying it was sold out (which at the time was probably true as they didn't think there was a demand for the full 2000 statues)

That does suck, but my understanding was SS only made about 1500 out of the 2000 and decided to end it there as demand for the statue slowed down, but then several months later they got requests from lots of retailers for this statue plus I bet their wait list contributed to it also, as a business why wouldn't you finish the last 500 if demand became high again? I know a lot of people were miffed that Obi-Wan didn't come with his lightsaber so they didn't order it but then regretted it later which probably drove up the demand in the aftermarket. I don't think SS intention was to screw over customers by saying it was sold out (which at the time was probably true as they didn't think there was a demand for the full 2000 statues)
I agree. I think people jump to quickly to attack Sideshow. It would be counter productive to piss off their fanbase. Like every company, they do what they feel would be the best business decision possible. You can never please all the people all the time.

I completely agree. I know the reasoning why Sideshow did what they did but to me if its marked as SOLD OUT it sure as hell better be SOLD OUT. I was luckily enough to order him on day one and I know the total edition size is 2000 so I’m fine with them completing the run (as long as that’s as far as they go) but they could have done something else to indicate the posibiity of them doing that. Mark it as “backordered” or “on hold” or somehting like that so at least people know its not really gone. I think they owe the people who bough him on ebay for inflated prices at the very least an opology if not more. And as far as them “just realizing” the demand was back if they spent even 5 minutes in this thread they could have seen it was still very popular and they would have known to complete the run to start with.

I completely agree. I know the reasoning why Sideshow did what they did but to me if its marked as SOLD OUT it sure as hell better be SOLD OUT. I was luckily enough to order him on day one and I know the total edition size is 2000 so I’m fine with them completing the run (as long as that’s as far as they go) but they could have done something else to indicate the posibiity of them doing that. Mark it as “backordered” or “on hold” or somehting like that so at least people know its not really gone. I think they owe the people who bough him on ebay for inflated prices at the very least an opology if not more. And as far as them “just realizing” the demand was back if they spent even 5 minutes in this thread they could have seen it was still very popular and they would have known to complete the run to start with.

You're right, and I empathize with what you're saying. I was in the process of trying to buy the Ben Kenobi on the secondary market, but either non were available or just too expensive for me. If I did buy one for $1000+, I would be really pissed at SS for releasing a new batch. I think perhaps this is why they haven't re released them on their website, or possibly never will.

Mark it as “backordered” or “on hold” or somehting like that so at least people know its not really gone. .

That's what the wait list is for, until they send you a email stating that your wait list has been cancelled you still have a chance, even if it might be really remote. Even if they said something like "On Hold", there no guarantee it's going to come off of Hold... Then People would be upset even more because they waited 6+ months On Hold and the price just tripled on Ebay during that time... So as SS your not going to win either way.

That's what the wait list is for, until they send you a email stating that your wait list has been cancelled you still have a chance, even if it might be really remote. Even if they said something like "On Hold", there no guarantee it's going to come off of Hold... Then People would be upset even more because they waited 6+ months On Hold and the price just tripled on Ebay during that time... So as SS your not going to win either way.

But if they are still going to keep the waitlist open then list it as "waitlist" not Sold Out. Sold Out should only be use when its 100% gone forever. Not, we'll we may make more later if we need to.

But if they are still going to keep the waitlist open then list it as "waitlist" not Sold Out. Sold Out should only be use when its 100% gone forever. Not, we'll we may make more later if we need to.

I just don't get the anger, I mean in SS minds Obi-Wan was sold out, they had NO plans to make anymore. Now that doesn't mean they don't have the right to finish out the run if demand at a later time warrants it. Now lets say SS put that statement on their website, that if demand was high enough they would finish the run, how many people would wait 8-10 months on a slim chance they might finish the run? I doubt very many would, most would buy it on Ebay before the prices got even higher...

No anger.. I got mine so I don't care but if I bought one for double the price because they said it was sold out and now it really isn't I would be upset.

Last edited:
No anger.. I got mine so I don't care but if I bought one for double the price because they said it was sold out and now it really isn't I would be upset.

I would agree if SS did this deliberately by saying it was sold out when they knew they were going to make more, but I find it hard to believe SS would screw over customers just for the fun of it. And that's what people are kind of implying.

Back