Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing is certain, when SS is done releasing these to get to the full 2000 ES and those sell out, the price will rise back up to where it was. Same thing will happen with Fett. Vader, however, might be a bit different since his ES is larger. That's if Fett and Vader get the same release Kenobi is getting. SS hit a nerve with collectors on this line and if they only make the 5 that are out, these will be very hard to get down the road.

That's exactly right, man! I'm pretty sure that's why SS is being so secretive about the whole thing. I checked with all of my official SS retailers, and none of them will be getting the Ben Kenobi re release. I actually have one on pre order from the UK to make sure I can get one. It's going to be a little pricey, but certainly not as expensive as one on the secondary market.

I just talked to the store by my house, and they said the mythos line wasn't offered to stores. I am in the US BTW...

I just talked to the store by my house, and they said the mythos line wasn't offered to stores. I am in the US BTW...

Yup. No NA retailers are getting them as of right now. If you want to secure one, you'll have to use a vendor in the UK or continental Europe.

One thing is certain, when SS is done releasing these to get to the full 2000 ES and those sell out, the price will rise back up to where it was. Same thing will happen with Fett. Vader, however, might be a bit different since his ES is larger. That's if Fett and Vader get the same release Kenobi is getting. SS hit a nerve with collectors on this line and if they only make the 5 that are out, these will be very hard to get down the road.

I'm not sure I can give Maul or Vader away right now. :lol

Yup. No NA retailers are getting them as of right now. If you want to secure one, you'll have to use a vendor in the UK or continental Europe.

Well that stinks. So I'm sitting on a wait list. Do I stay with that and pray it comes through or go out and preorder one from the UK since I'm in the states....

Well that stinks. So I'm sitting on a wait list. Do I stay with that and pray it comes through or go out and preorder one from the UK since I'm in the states....

I would stay on the WL and try to make a connection across the pond. If you make the connection then you can at least cancel the WL. Always try to work both angles. :wink1:

I was able to sell my Maul to a fine chap here on the boards. Prolly gonna trade my Fett out for some Vintage SW, and hang onto my Kenobi for as long as possible...

He's the best of the line. :lecture

I was able to sell my Maul to a fine chap here on the boards. Prolly gonna trade my Fett out for some Vintage SW, and hang onto my Kenobi for as long as possible...

He's the best of the line. :lecture

While I'm quite the Fett fan, one can not argue your logic in trading it for SW gold known as the Vintage Era. Even though I'm a huge Fett guy, I agree that Kenobi is a masterpiece of this series. Just a beautiful statue.

Does anyone have a list of the EU or UK online retailers that have pre-orders for this?

I'm trying to decide if I should place a pre-order with an EU retailer. I got on the wait list pretty early, and I imagine if Sideshow has some leftovers it'll convert sooner or later. But the more American collectors that pre-order from Europe, the less chance that'll actually happen.

Awesome! Thanks Spawn. I knew I could count the good folks of the forum. My peeps. :)

Any advice on which one would be the best to order from? I guess in terms of easiest to work with during the ordering process, or if something was wrong with the statue?

I'm trying to decide if I should place a pre-order with an EU retailer. I got on the wait list pretty early, and I imagine if Sideshow has some leftovers it'll convert sooner or later. But the more American collectors that pre-order from Europe, the less chance that'll actually happen.

Same boat. In total it would cost me $480 to get it from a Europe based retailer, better than secondary market prices, but I am going to wait a couple of weeks before I order, hoping SS opens up the WL to some conversions. Of course I am physically in the EU, so I can at least take advantage of the shipping offers.

Any advice on which one would be the best to order from?

I can only tell sth. about the stores I made some experience by myself. So the other stores might be as good as my advices. Comic-Statuen and Toy-Palace have great customer service and they are shipping the item "mostly" within another shipper for extra protection.
But I can't say sth. about int. shipping rates, since I am located in germany as well as the stores.

If someone is thinking about importing the statue from Toy-Palace, you should consider to order the 1 year membership for 25€ first, since you'll get 10% off from every item within this period. In the case you order Kenobi Mythos you will recoup it with your first order due to the discount of 35€. ;)
https://www.toy-palace.com/product_info.php?info=p6645_Toy-Palace-Discount-Club-Mitgliedschaft.html

Last edited:
I can only tell sth. about the stores I made some experience by myself. So the other stores might be as good as my advices. Comic-Statuen and Toy-Palace have great customer service and they are shipping the item "mostly" within another shipper for extra protection.
But I can't say sth. about int. shipping rates, since I am located in germany as well as the stores.

That is great information. Thanks again Spawn!

Back