The Last of Us - PS3 & PS4 (Remastered)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 'The Last of Us' - new IP from Naughty Dog

Man, that is the definitive TLOU 1/6 set up Marf. The figures are on point, and the dio seals the deal. Outstanding. :rock

I can't afford to put these two on my shelf at the moment, but hopefully, when some company produces them at a reasonable price, they'll look half as good as yours. Pure grail - congrats.

I wonder what the odds are of these two ever getting an official release...

Yea but the last of us is a critically acclaimed video game that has a huge fanbase. I cant believe titanfall got figures before this game. Its mind boggling but hey whatever.

That I agree with. I am also a little confused at the lack of figures from this game. As are alot of other freaks in this thread.

Yea but the last of us is a critically acclaimed video game that has a huge fanbase. I cant believe titanfall got figures before this game. Its mind boggling but hey whatever.

While not quite Uncharted numbers, with over 4.6 million copies sold, this property seems ripe for merchandising. Considering how popular the Pandemic edition statues were, I have a hard time believing we won't see some products, including a 1:6 offering at some point...

I'm banking on it as I can't afford the iminime set and would rather not attempt to piecemeal a custom together.

I'm banking on it as I can't afford the iminime set and would rather not attempt to piecemeal a custom together.

yea, I would LOVE the iminime set, but no way can i afford to throw one mortgage payment at 2 figures.

But then again, my Joel that I bashed together has been a labor of love. A little bit of money here, a little there, I have been able to piece him together at a pretty good rate that works for me. It is a pain though to do it that way though.

Plus its the first figure I ever put together myself. So, even if someone releases a licensed 1/6 Joel and Ellie, my custom Joel will remain in my collection for sentimental value.

I've put together a few figures over the years and I agree, it's a fun process that definitely increases the attachment factor. That being said, it can be an expensive & painstaking process, especially with a figure that has so many accessories and specific elements. At this point, I'm just hoping for a set with most everything included, decent paint and a price I can live with. :pray:

The same way I wish I had never watched Breaking Bad as it aired so I could watch it all for the first time on BluRay, I wish I hadn't played the PS3 version. Must wait a little longer so the game isn't so fresh in my head but then will definitely be picking up the PS4 remastered edition.

The same way I wish I had never watched Breaking Bad as it aired so I could watch it all for the first time on BluRay, I wish I hadn't played the PS3 version. Must wait a little longer so the game isn't so fresh in my head but then will definitely be picking up the PS4 remastered edition.

Fancy seeing you here, Brent! :duff

I've played the PS3 version several times, stopped altogether when the remastered was announced. Still, I do find myself booting up the game once in awhile though. The sound design in this game is incredible! I hope it's retained in the remaster, for some reason ports and remasters tend to have inferior sound compared to their originals.

Ryan, my man! :duff I just got the PS4 (sale going on at Target [$323+tax?!] and I went to see what's coming out and found the remastered The Last of Us was about to drop.

Yes, the sound is just superb! I remember the sound freaking me out during the basement levels. I could not play that part after 10pm.

Thanks for those! That little gif does more to impress me than anything I've seen so far, I wasn't aware that they were going to mess with the composition of the environments. Granted that's a cut-scene, but I wonder if they'll do that in some playable portions as well.

Actually, I think that gif is a comparison between pre-launch PS3 trailer footage and the remastered PS4 version. This gif compares PS3 game footage vs. remastered PS4:

i27zFh1aRNgcw.gif

Not glaringly different but I will reserve judgement until I see it on a bigger screen.

Back