The Last of Us - PS3 & PS4 (Remastered)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been pretty fun so far. I did expect what happened at the start of the game that's for sure. Got my amazon code this morning but I can't remember what it is I got. :lol

Any truth to the rumors Gamestop was offering $25 trade credit for anyone who wants to upgrade from the PS3 version to the PS4 version?

Yes, I traded my PS3 version for the PS4. I actually didn't have the box so I used a box from another PS3 game, printed a tLoU cover I found on google (black & white) and still got the same deal. They didn't seem to mind. I only had the steelbook case with my PS3 version so I wanted to keep that for the PS4 disc.

Although I didn't really have to do that since I pre-ordered digitally right from the PSN to get the extra DLC. But I just wanted to have the actual disc to put in the steelbook. I'm kind of crazy that way. :lol

Yes, I traded my PS3 version for the PS4. I actually didn't have the box so I used a box from another PS3 game, printed a tLoU cover I found on google (black & white) and still got the same deal. They didn't seem to mind. I only had the steelbook case with my PS3 version so I wanted to keep that for the PS4 disc.

Although I didn't really have to do that since I pre-ordered digitally right from the PSN to get the extra DLC. But I just wanted to have the actual disc to put in the steelbook. I'm kind of crazy that way. :lol

Do you have to have the case in order to trade it in? My little brother lost mine when he borrowed the game.

It sucks how sony is ******** on digital customers. What's the point on that? While some disagree, I believe digital (unless cool CE available) is the way to go. I have great speeds, and my world revolves around digital content. Matter of preference, yes. But why shafting us from this offer?

To the comments earlier, Gamestop does NOT require game cases. You can literally walk in with the disc in hand and they take it for the same value. Same way the other way, if you trade in your collectors edition steelbook case, you wont get any extra money for it.

To the comments earlier, Gamestop does NOT require game cases. You can literally walk in with the disc in hand and they take it for the same value. Same way the other way, if you trade in your collectors edition steelbook case, you wont get any extra money for it.

I guess that makes sense - I don't think they charge you any less if you're buying a used game without the case.

It sucks how sony is ******** on digital customers. What's the point on that? While some disagree, I believe digital (unless cool CE available) is the way to go. I have great speeds, and my world revolves around digital content. Matter of preference, yes. But why shafting us from this offer?

Digital at this point is going to be that way because of how they have agreements with their retail partners. They make more money off digital and could easily give some great perks to buying that way, but if they do then they would anger places like Gamestop and they still sell more physical copies of games and don't want to mess that up.

This is from the ad...

GET THE LAST OF US REMASTERED FOR ONLY $24.99
When you trade in The Last of Us (PS3)
Starting Tuesday, July 29, Trade in The Last of Us (PS3) and get The Last of Us Remastered (PS4) for only $24.99!
Offer ends August 4. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Games must include boxes and instructions. Cannot be combined with other trade offers. No duplicate titles accepted. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime

Technically since mine didn't include the original cover artwork the guy behind the counter said they're supposed to charge an extra $2 but I ended up getting the full deal.

But it's Gamestop so who knows, plus they can do whatever they want since they have an out with "Subject to manager approval".

Regarding the extra scene from One Night Live on the 28th...

Btu-KYJCIAICuvT.jpg

from Twitter...

Neil Druckmann @Neil_Druckmann
To clarify:
1) New epilogue was written for #OneNightLive
2) It takes place a few WEEKS after the game.
3) He sings Future Days by @PearlJam

Good to know it was written solely for the show, I don't feel as cheated now. :lol I was also confused why people were claiming it took place a few YEARS after the end of the game...it's doubtful Ellie would hold a grudge that long. I love that Joel is a Pearl Jam fan! Hopefully some day we can get to at least listen to Troy's Joel rendition.

Back