Metal Gear Rising [Revengeance]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep looking at the HT figure now dammit:gah:

d83.gif

MGS-Revengeance-Raiden-HOT-TOYS-01.jpg

Treat yourself >_>

atgp0h.gif

If that's the final paint color, I'm gonna have it repainted. Heck Pliss, get your Medi Raiden painted in anticipation fro this, he's amazing!

Medicom's Raiden is still holding up today I'd say. Just sucks he can't be posed in anything without heavy mods.

Everybody remembers where they were the day they suplexed a Metal Gear Ray

Got this today, need to play asap :lecture

QffAh1R.jpg

Rising is all sorts of awesome. It's amazing how it holds its own, in a future where there aren't any Snakes or Big Boss. I really have no problems now, accepting this crazy game as canon to MGS :lol.

Congrats on the figure, too :duff

Medicom's Raiden is still holding up today I'd say. Just sucks he can't be posed in anything without heavy mods.

Yeah, you've got to cut the suit. I saw a mod with it back in 2008, and it looks way too drastic just for the sake of articulation. MGS 4 Raiden and Revengeance Raiden should look amazing together.

If that's the final paint color, I'm gonna have it repainted. Heck Pliss, get your Medi Raiden painted in anticipation fro this, he's amazing!

Did you repaint the head in your Medi Raiden, Ryan?

tinyfeyfive.gif

Rising is all sorts of awesome. It's amazing how it holds its own, in a future where there aren't any Snakes or Big Boss. I really have no problems now, accepting this crazy game as canon to MGS :lol.

Congrats on the figure, too :duff

I know! I'm loving it so far :drool so much metal

Part 1 of 12 of Revengeance difficulty playtrough by Youtuber SuperBunnyHop with great commentary. I'd really love to do a Revengeance run someday when I grow a pair. :lol

Sorry, it's been a long time since anyone posted in this thread, but I finished Metal Gear Rising today on Revengeance difficulty. I made the mistake of using the Konami code and going from hard difficulty to revengeance mode. Needless to say, it made baby Kelras cry. Specifically, the Mistral&Monsoon body double fight, and the Armstrong fight. Jetstream Sam and Sundowner were extremely easy. Rather shamefully so, in fact. Mistral was pretty annoying at first. Aside from the body double and Armstrong fights, any fight with more than one Mastiff and/or RPG launcher was hell, and I didn't hesitate to pull out Ripper mode for those fights.

Monsoon was annoying until I found out that I could pretty much skip his body-separation phase with the sai I got from killing him on normal. Otherwise, I can just not emphasize how annoying and unforgiving Armstrong was. On normal or hard, he's a fun boss. On Revengeance, you want to rip your own throat out in frustration. My problem was that, by the time I got to Armstrong, I had zero nanopastes left, which meant I could not get hit even once. On the fateful attempt that I made it, I had the fortune of making it to the "throwing" phase without getting hit. After doing that flawlessly (sadly not throughout the rest of the fight), I had like 3-4 nanopastes, which gave me ample opportunity to make it. However, on the second throwing phase, I failed, and as such, I ended up with a B-rank. Sad, but true.

So yeah, that's basically what happened. Fun game on every difficulty but Revengeance. I'm not against a challenge, but MGR on Revengeance isn't difficult (at least not to me and anyone else who doesn't have perfect reflexes) -- it's punishing. It's unforgiving, and will punish you for problems with its own system, such as the horribad camera getting fidgety in close corners. (of which there are quite a lot in all phases of the Armstrong fight)

But yeah, otherwise it was fun. I wanted to do Revengeance to show I could, and I made it, albeit with a piss-poor performance. (only D, C and Bs. Not a single A, let alone an S.)

Now, excuse me as I am off for the next few months to get therapy for the kind of trauma the Armstrong fight (without any repair nanopastes) inflicted on me on Revengeance mode. Q_Q

Sorry, it's been a long time since anyone posted in this thread, but I finished Metal Gear Rising today on Revengeance difficulty. I made the mistake of using the Konami code and going from hard difficulty to revengeance mode. Needless to say, it made baby Kelras cry. Specifically, the Mistral&Monsoon body double fight, and the Armstrong fight. Jetstream Sam and Sundowner were extremely easy. Rather shamefully so, in fact. Mistral was pretty annoying at first. Aside from the body double and Armstrong fights, any fight with more than one Mastiff and/or RPG launcher was hell, and I didn't hesitate to pull out Ripper mode for those fights.

Monsoon was annoying until I found out that I could pretty much skip his body-separation phase with the sai I got from killing him on normal. Otherwise, I can just not emphasize how annoying and unforgiving Armstrong was. On normal or hard, he's a fun boss. On Revengeance, you want to rip your own throat out in frustration. My problem was that, by the time I got to Armstrong, I had zero nanopastes left, which meant I could not get hit even once. On the fateful attempt that I made it, I had the fortune of making it to the "throwing" phase without getting hit. After doing that flawlessly (sadly not throughout the rest of the fight), I had like 3-4 nanopastes, which gave me ample opportunity to make it. However, on the second throwing phase, I failed, and as such, I ended up with a B-rank. Sad, but true.

So yeah, that's basically what happened. Fun game on every difficulty but Revengeance. I'm not against a challenge, but MGR on Revengeance isn't difficult (at least not to me and anyone else who doesn't have perfect reflexes) -- it's punishing. It's unforgiving, and will punish you for problems with its own system, such as the horribad camera getting fidgety in close corners. (of which there are quite a lot in all phases of the Armstrong fight)

But yeah, otherwise it was fun. I wanted to do Revengeance to show I could, and I made it, albeit with a piss-poor performance. (only D, C and Bs. Not a single A, let alone an S.)

Now, excuse me as I am off for the next few months to get therapy for the kind of trauma the Armstrong fight (without any repair nanopastes) inflicted on me on Revengeance mode. Q_Q

What skin/wig/blade/secondary weapon did you used? I'm currently on my first Revengeance run and as hard as it is, it's just a blast to play. I shudder to think about Armstrong though..

Back