Kaustic Plastik: HEROIK MUSCLE BODY *** COMING BACK IN DECEMBER 2013!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Kaustic Plastik: HEROIK MUSCLE BODY ***PRODUCTION PICTURES PAGE 26!!!!

Got 1 of those Friday.
Pretty cool overall but some details are bothering me.

The hand holes don't accept HT's pegs.
KP pegs probably fit HT's.

The extra neck peg that fits recent HT's HS is loose.
Probaby because of its smooth texture.

The feet pegs are too small for HT boots, tried Royce and Terminator boots. HT feet pegs are too big for the KP ankles.

Are those normal or i got a defective one.
How did you solve those issues?

BTW pretty suprised that the body is smaller that the T800 one...

Got 1 of those Friday.

The feet pegs are too small for HT boots, tried Royce and Terminator boots. HT feet pegs are too big for the KP ankles.

Get yourself some plumber's tape (about $0.30 a roll), and all those problems are solved.

Got 1 of those Friday.

Weird, mine worked fine porting over HT hands and Sideshow ones. Haven't tried HT feet yet though.

I used KP wrist and ankle pegs with my HT gloves and boots with no issues at all.

Got 1 of those Friday.

Get yourself some plumber's tape (about $0.30 a roll), and all those problems are solved.

The plumbers tape solves the neck peg, and feet peg problems. The wrist pegs are another issue though. I have the same problem with the wrist pegs, since the peg is a little longer than the HT peg. Does anybody know if the wrist pegs are removable?

The plumbers tape solves the neck peg, and feet peg problems. The wrist pegs are another issue though. I have the same problem with the wrist pegs, since the peg is a little longer than the HT peg. Does anybody know if the wrist pegs are removable?

Yep just put both forearms in some hot water for a few minutes.
Then use some pliers to remove them.

I' did not say that the KP hand pegs dont fit Hot Toys hand, they seem to do. I said that you can't use Hot toys hand pegs directly, you would need to drill bigger holes in the forearms.

I put some nail polish on the KP feet pegs, that did the trick on my predator classic neck peg, and they now fit nicely the terminator boots.

Overal nothing that can't besolved by some mod, its just that from some comments i tought it was already compatible right out of the box :)

Ha yet to do the forarms swap, hot water does the trick?

It worked for me on Dutch, by padding the extra space between the hand and the joint, but his gloves cover the wrists so you can't see it. Haven't tried other hands. :huh

It worked for me on Dutch, by padding the extra space between the hand and the joint, but his gloves cover the wrists so you can't see it. Haven't tried other hands. :huh

Bare hands stick out a bit far and have a visible gap.

Yep just put both forearms in some hot water for a few minutes.
Then use some pliers to remove them.

I' did not say that the KP hand pegs dont fit Hot Toys hand, they seem to do. I said that you can't use Hot toys hand pegs directly, you would need to drill bigger holes in the forearms.

I put some nail polish on the KP feet pegs, that did the trick on my predator classic neck peg, and they now fit nicely the terminator boots.

Overal nothing that can't besolved by some mod, its just that from some comments i tought it was already compatible right out of the box :):monkey1:monkey1

Ha yet to do the forarms swap, hot water does the trick?

I used the hot water warmed for a couple minutes in the microwave. After you soak them in the water for about a minute, the forearms pop off easily. I've done it on 4 bodies already.

Bare hands stick out a bit far and have a visible gap.

Yeah, I noticed that on both the Kaustic hands and when I used HT ones.

I ended up drilling the hole in the hand just a bit deeper which took care of the issue.

I used the hot water warmed for a couple minutes in the microwave. After you soak them in the water for about a minute, the forearms pop off easily. I've done it on 4 bodies already.

Thanks, that did the trick.
Kinda looks better.

One thing that can be done to avoid the gap between HT's hands and KP hand pegs is to reverse the pegs.
The ball end of the KP's pegs fit nicely in HT's hand with no gap.
The pointy part of KP's pegs work fine in the forearms.
Don't forget to use hot water to remove and put back the pegs.

One thing that can be done to avoid the gap between HT's hands and KP hand pegs is to reverse the pegs.
The ball end of the KP's pegs fit nicely in HT's hand with no gap.
The pointy part of KP's pegs work fine in the forearms.
Don't forget to use hot water to remove and put back the pegs.

That is surprising... but good to know :duff

Anybody have comparison shots of this KA body next to the Thor body? Like a side view comparing the arms?

Anybody have comparison shots of this KA body next to the Thor body? Like a side view comparing the arms?

They'll be bigger. The Kaustic is comparable to the T800 and Barney whereas I believe Thor was a slightly modified TTM19.

Thanks. I figured they were. I don't have a Ross or T-800 body to compare to. Thought there might be a shot up here but didn't see one after going through all 30 plus pages.

Thanks. I figured they were. I don't have a Ross or T-800 body to compare to. Thought there might be a shot up here but didn't see one after going through all 30 plus pages.

This might help ya. Remember, the Kaustic is comparable to the Barney/T-800 and Thor the TTM19 (Royce in the pic) body:

Since I happened to rack up a fair assortment of Hot Toys Muscle bodies this past few weeks, I thought it might be helpful to some to see them side by side.

dsc01915l.jpg

From left to right:
Advanced Truetype, Royce, Barney Ross, and the T-800 (T1).

Royce, Barney, and T-800 have rubber upper chests to the neck. The rest is plastic.

Royce sized figures:
Wolverine
The Comedian
Royce
Dastan

Barney sized figures:
Barney Ross
Whiplash

T-800 sized figures:
T1 T-800
T2 T-800

DSCN5934.jpg

Persues. All plastic. Feet pegs are unique and not compatible with normal truetype ankle pegs. Photo credit: YoNoSe

Here is the Dutch/Redfield:

IMG_3490.jpg

photo credit: CREG Customs

This is an all rubber torso and arms body, but there is a joint at the shoulder.

King Leonidas:
IMG_2877.jpg

This is an ALL rubber body. All joints are internal and hidden. Ankle pegs are not compatible with normal Truetype ankle joints, just like Perseus.

Photo credit: CREG Customs

I hope some find this helpful.

So has anybody got theirs from BBTS or Timewalker?
I ordered in both places and haven't heard anything from them yet...

So has anybody got theirs from BBTS or Timewalker?
I ordered in both places and haven't heard anything from them yet...

I had pre-ordered 4 from Timewalker but when the order came in, he said that they only received a partial order and wouldn't get the rest until September. He sold me 2 for now but said I would have to wait for the other 2 when they come in September. So depending on when someone placed their order I guess determined if theirs were fullfilled in the first shipment or second one.

Back