Hot Toys: Prometheus - MOVIE SPOILERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate to say it, but I don't think Scott is up to the challenge anymore.
I just watched "The Counselor" the other day, and you can really tell how badly it needed to be in a different director's hands. You look at the films Martin Scorsese is doing and compare them to the movies Ridley Scott is doing and, boy oh boy, is there a vast difference in directorial quality. Which is pretty sad, because Scott is one of my all time favourite directors. His movies pretty much defined my teen-age years.

I've only seen a clip of The Counselor. Brad Pitt seemed funny in it.

I don't think Prometheus is as good as Alien. But it's better than Alien 3, Resurrection, and of the both Alien vs Predator movies. I don't know why or who insisted that they make a new Alien and change the planet's name just to make more sequels. According to The Digital Bits the change with the planet's name happened in post production. I went in the movie blank except for seeing the posters and was surprised when the planet's name was different. I guess you had to be an Alien geek to notice it early in the movie.

But it's better than Alien 3, Resurrection, and of the both Alien vs Predator movies.

Agreed with that. And I thought Prometheus was thoroughly awful, some of the visual design aside. I know there are those who defend Alien 3 based on the workprint, but that still doesn't put anywhere near the class of the first two.

The fundamental reasons Alien & Aliens were so good is that they each had a strong central idea given life by a singular directorial vision; the story & screenwriting were smart & concise; emphasis on character developed by the main casts & therefore always present for the editor; and neither film viewed itself as part of an ongoing "franchise". Cameron took a whole different tack on Aliens, which is why it stands on its own two feet.

I also think you can't overestimate the importance of young, passionate (but unusually experienced) directors, who already knew how to do a lot with not much if required, and who could drag everyone else with them.

Fincher had many skills when he was tapped for 3, but technical strength & storytelling were not among them, never mind the fact he then didn't have the experience - or force of personality evidently needed to really take control from the producers, who were transparently just looking at sequels for money (no doubt partly why he was chosen). The other films aren't even worth discussing.

So there :p Shall be quiet now.

Prometheus is like the DOFP of the Alien franchise. A great movie on its own that also unifies movies that previously didn't connect very well.

It has the best score of the series.

There is NOTHING wrong with the premise, its actually extremely cool. Engineers that house biological weapons of mass destruction in various chambers of their spacecraft. Humans that figure out how to visit them, a head of a corporation that assumedly doesn't get the word out about the LV planets because he wants to horde secrets of "immortality" for himself.

Awesome visuals, awesome 3D, fantastic practical effects and appropriate use of CGI throughout.

A great cast in Noomi, Fassbender, Idris, and Theron.

David surrounded by the glowing planets is the most iconic moment in sci-fi since Neo said "There is no spoon."

The only place it falters is in the fact that the Charlie character is pretty unlikable (in a bad way) and Fifield and Milburn are just really dumb. Once those three die the movie just soars and is as good or better than any film that came before it in the series.

The only place it falters is in the fact that the Charlie character is pretty unlikable (in a bad way) and Fifield and Milburn are just really dumb. Once those three die the movie just soars and is as good or better than any film that came before it in the series.

Oh get over it. :monkey1

For years uppity ALIEN fans whined that ALIENS sucked and ruined the franchise and now they're doing it again with Prometheus. Both are absolutely fantastic sequels and everyone with good taste knows that. :)

Prometheus is a wasted opportunity as those AVPs
Prometheus is beautiful, gorgeous and had great potential. But it end up being a empty shell.
The stupidest last minute move is to have renamed the planet hence making the engineers so dumb that they keep on crashing their ships. Just make it a direct sequel as planned, and keep Shaw going for Paradise, why change it at all.
Same as the stupid re editing of the fifield attack where you see people die come up in the next scene Washington Weland feets lol
Keep the ultramorphs too, the terraforming tech hunt, and the infected engineer angry because he was put out of the cryosleep. No black stupid goo that does anything the plot need it to, nor engineers going to destroy earth 2000 years ago because Jésus was an Engineer yes thats the reason guys...
Damn it the scripts were cool, not originals but cool.
And the sequel is gonna be cheap because the first did not make as much as they hoped.
Dont expect anything grand about paradise.
**** Ridley´s dumb pride.

Last edited:
Soooo what ever happened to these supposed hot toys figures? Did anyone even ever do a custom on these?

Vintij will be thrilled with this bump.
I was curious to see what you posted actually. :lol

..& this one's for frenchy:

Dog-Slaps-Man-in-Face.gif

:lecture

I doubt it , it may never happen. Or after the release of the second movie.
I hope they wait till the sequel, maybe something cool in store. It was a good movie but not epic. At this point they should focus on updating the aliens line

Back