Hot Toys: Prometheus - MOVIE SPOILERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never got why people always want to close threads haha, if you don't want to discuss it anymore hence "close the thread" unsubscribe and don't come in hahaha, I mean even if its dead by a 99% chance which is not confirmed there is still that 1% and until its 100% let people socialize and converse here about it.
Here's why.

Folks have been sitting on tender hooks for the last couple years, waiting for something positive to show up in this thread. When it's three months of silence, & then a bored person comes along & asks if there's any news.. it's like opening an old wound.. repeatedly.

Bumping it to speculate now, is like discussing ways to board an aircraft after it's already 20,000 feet in the air. There's nothing to discuss, except the usual pointless crap.

As long as the thread's open though, feel free to chase your tails folks.. I guess.. :lol

Here's why.

Folks have been sitting on tender hooks for the last couple years, waiting for something positive to show up in this thread. When it's three months of silence, & then a bored person comes along & asks if there's any news.. it's like opening an old wound.. repeatedly.

Bumping it to speculate now, is like discussing ways to board an aircraft after it's already 20,000 feet in the air. There's nothing to discuss, except the usual pointless crap.

As long as the thread's open though, feel free to chase your tails folks.. I guess.. :lol

Im just saying a simply solution if you (no on specific) are one of the people who want it closed is just to not come in here haha, then it won't bother you anymore haha

It's SDCC time - so yeah, maybe there's a speck of hope remaining. :huh :lol

I think most folks around here will agree though, that the writing's on the wall for this one - at least till the sequel anyway.

Here's why.

Agreeing bump...

;)

It's SDCC time - so yeah, maybe there's a speck of hope remaining. :huh :lol

I think most folks around here will agree though, that the writing's on the wall for this one - at least till the sequel anyway.

I wouldn't count on a sequel, either...Ridley always has five projects going and 2 might be made out of them. He's reportedly doing another Biblical film next(where's Blade Runner 2??)

(where's Blade Runner 2??)

Being thoroughly left alone as A Terrible Terrible Idea, I hope. Someone should be employed so that, any time whichever it is of Yorkin & Perenchio suddenly come up with a **** story idea to try and cash in again on a film they never even liked or understood until it later made them money, someone just appears going "Leave it. Alone. LEAVE IT!" repeatedly, until they lapse back into counting their fortune or whatever it is rich producer types do.

I'm not keen, should anyone be wondering ;) Blade Runner, much like many other excellent old films, doesn't need a sequel, a reboot, or any kind of ghastly "franchise" built around it. Grrrr.

I would like licenced 1/6 toys tho. So there. Hypocrisy (of a mild kind). :)

I saw this thread get a bump and with SDCC currently happening, was crossing fingers that we'd FINALLY hear something but.....

....crickets.

It's my biggest disappointment of the show (SDCC). No news on Hot Toys "Prometheus".
While it's cool to see some pics floating around of the two "Ripley" figures currently in prototype stage (and I'm probably the only guy on the planet that would love to see a shaved-head "Alien3" version of her...not gonna happen I'm sure)...it's still disappointing to see that HT announced the Prometheus license only to let it languish. Was really hoping to see a "Dr. Shaw" or "David" figure...or a massive "Engineer". 'Tis not to be....

....and with "Star Wars" poised to be Hot Toys main focus as "Iron Man" is now, the chances have all but disappeared....

Hope I won't be tempted buy their Star Wars stuff. I managed to pass on Bespin Luke but a good Han Solo or a Princess Leia....

Freudian slip there, A-dev... revealed, your true feelings towards the SW Hot Toys are.

I can't see why they would...

They've already announced an expected release date, and who will be writing it.

Seems to be moving forward.

F it. I'm not going to wait like I waited on so much from Sideshow. Maybe they will still release Shaw, maybe not. Hot Toys is going to release the Batman Returns version of Batman. I can't remember how long ago they announced that. It's just disappointing that they had that Prometheus coming soon ad at SDCC 2013 and feel that they don't need to tell us why a year later we don't have a figure or an update.

Back