LEGO Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, I actually wanted to put the tauntaun head in, but I couldn't figure out how to do it. People frown on cutting up LEGO pieces, but the only alternative would be to conceal the tauntaun's body in the wall somehow, and I wasn't sure how to go about it. Maybe I'll try again.

That Baron Sat Death Star looks brilliant. I much prefer functional design over a spherical shape.

hello, I'm still new and this and want to start this line. but now I just want to concentrate to build endor diorama
do you guys know which sets I have to buy? After googling much, so far I only got this list:

Ewok Attack #7956
Scout Trooper + Speeder Bike #9489
Battle of Endor #8038
Ewok Village #10236

Sounds like you are all on your way with those four !

:exactly:

If I had Ewok village I'd probably call it a day there. :lol

Unless you're going all in and devoting a large space to it, then you can find custom instructions for making Endor Imperial stuff on Ebay.

ewok village village will be last, because that set is very expensive >.<
for now I'll focus for first three, at least they are more affordable, even though they're hard to find at LCS

Oh totally forgot to mention the find of a decade.
gu8y3e6u.jpg
metyvu2a.jpg

But I will also get lynched for what I did just a week ago :p

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Sorry .. past out after a few more posts here and there
I managed to come across a collector getting rid of his entire Lego collection and I grabbed what I could afford at the time incl the pictured ones, the original Corvette and Imperial shuttle. a total of 7 assembled and displayed UCSs ... They were dusty and slightly yellow but I figure I will take them apart, give them a chemical bath to reverse the yellowing and reassemble it all... a dream come true. But oh well I never realized how big these were and months went by when I finally gave up on the idea and sold them all again :( so lynch away :p
The construction of the Destroyer was quote beautiful and I was shocked to find out that the biggest panels were only held in place with a handful of magnets.. amazing

Sorry .. past out after a few more posts here and there
I managed to come across a collector getting rid of his entire Lego collection and I grabbed what I could afford at the time incl the pictured ones, the original Corvette and Imperial shuttle. a total of 7 assembled and displayed UCSs ... They were dusty and slightly yellow but I figure I will take them apart, give them a chemical bath to reverse the yellowing and reassemble it all... a dream come true. But oh well I never realized how big these were and months went by when I finally gave up on the idea and sold them all again :( so lynch away :p
The construction of the Destroyer was quote beautiful and I was shocked to find out that the biggest panels were only held in place with a handful of magnets.. amazing

I can top that. I had all the UCS ships, all but the TIE interceptor new in box, up to but not including Obi-Wan's Jedi star fighter, then sold them all a couple years ago except for the MF, SSD, TIE advanced, and original X-Wing. And I think I still have the shuttle, that I picked up later. I actually don't feel too bad about it. I got a good price for all which helped fund my Roth IRA for the year with some left over to help with the down payment for a new car, and a very dedicated collector (I sold them all to one guy) got some grail items he'd been looking for awhile.

Later I picked up the new X-Wing and just sold my original, so still have those ships.

At a certain point, even the most die-hard completist has to say enough is enough. I'm actually - and here's the part that might make a lot of you groan - thinking about getting out of my SW collection. I have every SW System set (i.e., the minifig line) ever made, and it's just way too much. I'll never get to enjoy it all at the rate they release new sets. Now if I can only break the collector mentality and start shedding at least my dupes and the ones I'm not into (like the few EU sets they've released), I can get the initial inertia I need to start downsizing...

wow if I had the sets boxed I may have not been able to part so you top me for sure. :)

My son's on spring break. Got him Grievous' Wheel bike and an Utapau Trooper set. Unfortunately he's 9 years old and doesn't need my help to build them.

Back