Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier

I think it was just to convey the magic of Thor's hammer vs regular **** hitting his shield. Weaving put a nice dent in it in TFA on that little bridge. WS wouldn't even be able pick up Thor's hammer right?

Like a lot of stuff in comics, it's probably best not to overthink it.

meh, there was oil on the ground.

Either that or he didn't expect to be battling WS and went out of the house without his 'no-slip-grip' heavy duty boots, instead wearing the casual, comfortable BUT impracticable alternate version. And while they may look very similar, there's a BIG difference, which is likely what we saw here.....or of course, the oil. Can never be too sure.

:lol

Like a lot of stuff in comics, it's probably best not to overthink it.

Like if Thor hits Cap with mjolnir, Cap could push mjolnir back up off him as long as Thor was holding it, but if he just let go, wouldn't it pin Cap down under it? :lol

I think it was just to convey the magic of Thor's hammer vs regular **** hitting his shield. Weaving put a nice dent in it in TFA on that little bridge. WS wouldn't even be able pick up Thor's hammer right?

He didn't have THE shield then yet. Just a regular old metal one.

Like if Thor hits Cap with mjolnir, Cap could push mjolnir back up off him as long as Thor was holding it, but if he just let go, wouldn't it pin Cap down under it? :lol

Mjolnir would still bounce back but if Thor lets it go it would just would't drag Thor with it.

No I don't mean if he hit the shield.

If he went to strike Cap but Cap blocked it, he could push it back because it's just based on the weight of Thor's arm and how hard he can push back against Cap. But if he just let go, since Cap can't lift mjolnir, wouldn't it just pin Cap down?

I give you props though for what you said earlier. You don't buy popcorn and all of the other BS, and that saves A LOT. :lecture

good idea. :lol

Either that or he didn't expect to be battling WS and went out of the house without his 'no-slip-grip' heavy duty boots, instead wearing the casual, comfortable BUT impracticable alternate version. And while they may look very similar, there's a BIG difference, which is likely what we saw here.....or of course, the oil. Can never be too sure.

:lol

Cap went out with his bunny slippers, Deckard must've had a bathroom break and missed it. :lol

No I don't mean if he hit the shield.

If he went to strike Cap but Cap blocked it, he could push it back because it's just based on the weight of Thor's arm and how hard he can push back against Cap. But if he just let go, since Cap can't lift mjolnir, wouldn't it just pin Cap down?

Oh I get it now, for starters, I don't think cap could block a Mjolnir strike, I remember in avengers he used it to hit a car like 30 yards away, now if Thor let's go, I think Cap would be either pushed back with the hammer or like you say, pinned down, yup.

good idea. :lol

Cap went out with his bunny slippers, Deckard must've had a bathroom break and missed it. :lol

That's why you have to go and see these films in IMAX. You miss details like that. :lol

He should have worn Godzilla slippers that roar when he walks for those of us who went to a regular screen.

Oh I get it now, for starters, I don't think cap could block a Mjolnir strike, I remember in avengers he used it to hit a car like 30 yards away, now if Thor let's go, I think Cap would be either pushed back with the hammer or like you say, pinned down, yup.

Yea, so effectively, if you just wanted to pin Cap(or anyone) down, it would be better to get the hammer on him and simply back away rather than hold onto it. :lol If you hold it, he just has to knock you away. If you pin him with it and leave the room , he's f'd. :lol

Yea, so effectively, if you just wanted to pin Cap(or anyone) down, it would be better to get the hammer on him and simply back away rather than hold onto it. :lol If you hold it, he just has to knock you away. If you pin him with it and leave the room , he's f'd. :lol

Yup, physics, Mjolnir doesn't give a **** about them :lol

One buggy thing though is the depiction of his shield. When Winter Soldier punched it Capt would be driven back. Where as in Avengers, Thor with Mjölnir, who I would think is massively stronger than WS, was knocked on his *** by hitting it. Which is the correct depiction of the shield?

TWS is correct. :lecture

Whedon depowered everyone in The Avengers to make them a more balanced team. Cap should have been able to repel Loki's entire mercenary invading force on the helicarrier (and clearly would have if it was a Cap movie) instead of struggling with one dude and wildly spraying bullets to no effect like an idiot. Similarly Thor's swing should have had more of an effect on Cap.

Whedon clearly favored IM, BW, and the Hulk and his versions of Cap, Thor, and HE, while cool in parts should be taken with a grain of salt.

I saw Cap with the same power on both movies, as for wildly spraying bullets, he was providing cover fire for IM shooting at the general direction of the door so the baddies couldn't come out of there, and some extra badass points for firing from the hip :lol

Watched this movie today and was completely blown away by it! I can't complain about anything with it! Hell, I may have to see it again to catch all of the little things I may have missed the first time around!

I remember reading somewhere stating this is the best Marvel film yet. At this point, I can't argue with that logic! Indeed, today was money well spent! If you haven't seen it, DO SO! :rock

captain-america-salute.gif

Back