Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We started the day of beautifully with a 8:20am showing :yess:. This is my 3rd watch and it all keeps getting better every time.

Rumlow is one of my favorite characters in this. I can't wait to see what they do with his story going forward

I was really surprised by how much I liked him. Cold hearted bastard as he is. I'm really looking forward to seeing him as Crossbones. Although, he'll have to step up his game... his comic counterpart can hold his own against Cap, and Rumlow in the movie got his ass spanked.

I was really surprised by how much I liked him. Cold hearted bastard as he is. I'm really looking forward to seeing him as Crossbones. Although, he'll have to step up his game... his comic counterpart can hold his own against Cap, and Rumlow in the movie got his ass spanked.

Based on his condition at the end of the film, I suspect he will get some "help" to match Cap.

With one hand (magnetically) tied behind Steve's back no less! :lol

But Rumlow still just oozed competence. He owned Falcon and even when the helicarrier hit the building he didn't let out a terrifying shriek but rather a mildly annoyed "son of a *****."

Yikes! Transcendence didn’t even come close to the number one spot. Depp better start campaigning for the Doctor Strange role if he wants to end his box office problems.

Awesome pic Khev!

Nice pic, Khev.

With one hand (magnetically) tied behind Steve's back no less! :lol

But Rumlow still just oozed competence. He owned Falcon and even when the helicarrier hit the building he didn't let out a terrifying shriek but rather a mildly annoyed "son of a *****."
Well they set up Falcon as an ex-pilot of sorts, and didn't specify that he was anything special in terms of fighting ability--in fact, they make a point of pointing out his physical inadequacies in the opening scene. Rumlow was supposed to be a special forces infantryman type, so it only makes sense to me that he could kick Falcon's ass without breaking a sweat. In the comics, he could sometimes hold his own against Cap, though it seems that in the movie-verse they want to make it clear that no human can really match up with Cap in a fight. Which I'm OK with.

I wonder what it is to have kids being a collector, I can only picture myself locking my collection room in fear of my kids trashing the place with a soccer ball like I used to do to our living room with my brother when I was 10 :lol

Wow, thanks for all the kinds words fellas. It sure is fun to share beloved movies with the little ones.

And Cap beats Rio again. :yess:

And passed 200 million domestic! :yess:

Nice pic, Khev.

Well they set up Falcon as an ex-pilot of sorts, and didn't specify that he was anything special in terms of fighting ability--in fact, they make a point of pointing out his physical inadequacies in the opening scene. Rumlow was supposed to be a special forces infantryman type, so it only makes sense to me that he could kick Falcon's ass without breaking a sweat. In the comics, he could sometimes hold his own against Cap, though it seems that in the movie-verse they want to make it clear that no human can really match up with Cap in a fight. Which I'm OK with.

Absolutely, I realize that Falcon shouldn't have lasted long against Rumlow based on the establishment of each character in film but so often in these types of movies they'll have a huge underdog (like a love interest or sidekick) become a temporary superhero out of the blue and go toe to toe with a more powerful foe and I'm glad they didn't go that route in TWS. Obviously I don't mind underdogs getting the upperhand, most movies involve that to some degree, I just like it to be feasible (like Falcon simply surviving long enough for the helicarrier to hit.)

Last edited:
Yeah, I was also glad that that happened, when I first saw it and didn't realize that was Crossbones just because of the backgrounds and established abilities of the two characters. But I appreciated it even more after realizing who that was supposed to be.

Back