Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who cares how much money it made. Transformers 4 is freaking terrible and it made more than any other movie this year. Winter soldier is 10x the movie Xmen dofp is

I thought the future Sentinels were alright. They actually seemed intimidating, especially when they absorbed their mutant powers (and stabbed Halle Berry, throwing her aside like a rag doll). The 70s ones looked like crap though, especially when Magneto breaks into the train to sabotage them. That looked fake as hell.

Honestly, if they had just made them a little clunkier, more machine like and gave them mouths to talk, I think they would have been perfect. I loved how in the comics and cartoons they had that chilling, monotone voice.

I lol at the blow dryers at first but at least they were in the same universe as the comic Sentinels.

Future Sentinels were the Transformers of Sentinels, just like my pumpkin pies, they were over cooked. :lol

Overkooked pumpkin pie?!?!

9.jpg
Nah, both are pretty equal in story quality.

But Cap 2 action scens > DOFP action scenes

I think Singer had too many unique characters jammed into the fight scenes for him to really direct them efficiently. It was chaotic and not in a good way. :lol

Remember when Cap/Marvel fanboys were claiming The Winter Solider would earn more than X-Men :nana: :lol

They could've sold out to Chinese audiences like TF and DOFP to make a few more foreign dollars but Cap's colors don't run. :gun

Kicking butt over the X-Men and Spider-Man on US soil where all these icons were made is what counts. :lecture

They could've sold out to Chinese audiences like TF and DOFP to make a few more foreign dollars but Cap's colors don't run. :gun

Kicking butt over the X-Men and Spider-Man on US soil where all these icons were made is what counts. :lecture

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Who cares how much money it made. Transformers 4 is freaking terrible and it made more than any other movie this year. Winter soldier is 10x the movie Xmen dofp is

I’m sorry for your taste buds my friend :lol

DOFP had way too much competition when it was released, Cap wouldn’t have made nearly as much if it was released in May.

I thought the future Sentinels were alright. They actually seemed intimidating, especially when they absorbed their mutant powers (and stabbed Halle Berry, throwing her aside like a rag doll). The 70s ones looked like crap though, especially when Magneto breaks into the train to sabotage them. That looked fake as hell.

Honestly, if they had just made them a little clunkier, more machine like and gave them mouths to talk, I think they would have been perfect. I loved how in the comics and cartoons they had that chilling, monotone voice.

I liked the future and past sentinels design, but I was disappointed we never got to see Wolverine cutting up sentinels into tiny pieces, thats probably the only thing that I was disappointed with.

Last edited:
Speaking of rather unknown characters, I'd love to see Longshot as I think that would make for a really cool character on film with great story-arc potential.
I was obsessed with Art Adams's work as a kid, and Longshot was my favorite mini-series just beating out Zeck's Punisher. For awhile Longshot was probably my second favorite Marvel guy after Wolverine. Would love to eventually see the X-franchise branch out into the Mojoverse stuff, though I don't know if it fits with what Singer is trying to do at the moment. Maybe if the Deadpool franchise ever gets going something more out of left field like that could happen.

Winter soldier is 10x the movie Xmen dofp is
g8b45b273.gif

Nah, both are pretty equal in story quality.

But Cap 2 action scens > DOFP action scenes

I thought TWS was far superior in storytelling, too.

The strength of X-Men was characters (certain characters, anyway), as well as one part nostalgia for the original Singer movies, and two part the combination of the timelines. That said, I think TWS was equal to it in characters, if not better. I personally think it was better in that category too. The characters felt more real to me. DOFP suffered from speech-ifying too much to me. Cap made one "epic speech" to Shield Headquarters and it fit perfectly.

I thought Steve's one line to Bucky was way more real and emotionally satisfying than Charles speech-ifying to Raven, for example.

Last edited:
Back