Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier

Absolutely, and I'm glad you touched on Brubaker's run. I've read some of it, but I really just want to sit down and read everything from Issue 1 to the very end, and so, with that in mind, I wasn't going to presume to attest to the legitimacy of it as an adaptation, when I, myself, wasn't familiar enough with it to draw those conclusions.:lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah, I knew the majority of those details, with the exception of the use of the cube, but I definitely appreciate the comprehensive comparison. I still want to read it, though, so, the next time we hang out, I'll probably wind up asking my buddy if I can take his Cap volume one omnibus for a spin. I really loved Brubaker's Batman stuff, like Gotham Central, and The Man Who laughs, though, and I'm sure it's pretty transparent how I felt about the adaptation, so, I'm pretty sure I'm going to love it.:lol

Falcon vs the Jet was a great scene :yess:
tumblr_myzazdMpUT1qcga5ro1_500.gif

Avengers is still tops for me for the sheer fun factor every time I watch it followed by IM then WS. Anyone got the art book yet?

So I watch the film, and can anyone tell me why Hawkeye was not mentioned?

Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier

So I watch the film, and can anyone tell me why Hawkeye was not mentioned?

They could've probably said "Barton's on an op overseas" or something like that. Why does it change the experience one way or another? Sometimes if everyone knows something that's the least likely thing you are to hear. It's safe to assume cap, bw and fury could've all known Barton was indisposed so why even bring it up? Then it's just exposition.

You know.... Maybe it's the years of reading comics but I just don't get why some people just can't accept solo stories in a shared universe. It's such a stupid hang up. If it can be explained away "Thor is in vanaheim" "ironman is MIA" "hulk is in lock up" then what's the point in getting riled up. If One line of exposition is enough to solve your problem then it's not a problem worth having.

I have a feeling AoU will give us some insight on Barton's whereabouts.

hawkeye is running amok in his birthday suit somewhere else like the professor. not sure if anybody wants to see that, good thing it did not make the cut.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Thanks for explaining this! I've read some of the comics and some of the names sounded familiar to me in TWS, but this clarified it. :hi5:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Saw this last night so I can finally visit this thread again after umpteen weeks, lol.

I loved it! Awesome from beginning to end! My new favorite superhero movie! They made a lifelong Cap fan very happy. :yess:

A few things that come to mind (spoilers obviously):

Good:

1. Stealth suit ROCKED. Loved that costume. And I love even more that they didn't even acknowledge that Whedon's crappy Avengers suit ever existed. Once he lost access to his stealth suit apparently his only option was to break into the Smithsonian. Sounded good to me. :) Plus it was a good psychological move in trying to spark Bucky's memory so it worked on a number of levels.

2. LOVED his new acrobatic fighting style. Highlights include the opening battle against the pirates and him taking down the rogue Quinjet singlehandedly.

3. Balance of fantasy and "realistic" action was very well done. They really blended the super-tech well with "Clear and Present Danger-esque" chases and intrigue.

4. Evans, Jackson, Scarlett, Mackie, and Stan were all in top form. Redford was strong as always.

5. I really liked how the Cap/WS relationship ended, or didn't end. I really expected one or both guys to go full emo at some point and they never did. Very cool. Bucky was badass all around and had some instantly iconic moments. Loved his two lines in subtitled Russian.

6. 3D was spectacular in a few scenes, particular when the Falcon was flying and all sequences featuring the helicarriers.

A couple criticisms:

1. Cap's "bravado" against Batroc seemed a little out of character during a mission with hostages involved. I can see Marty McFly or Martin Riggs being taunted into fighting on the bad guy's terms but not typically Cap. However, a good mano a mano fight is still cool so it's a minor criticism.

2. If they were going to include Crossbones I do wish they could have found an excuse to make him look more like how he appears in the comics. He was still a badass though.

Last edited:

Loved the movie so much. I can't believe how much I love it. Makes me want all the Hot Toys. Refrain, Buffy, refrain.

Poor poor WB/DC.

We are still TWO years and a month away before WB/DC next attempt at delivering this kind of quality on display with Cap 2.

We will be discussing Avengers 2 here a full year before Batman vs Batman.

Hell, we are getting a superhero racoon before their next movie.

Poor poor WB/DC.

Last edited:

Loved the movie so much. I can't believe how much I love it. Makes me want all the Hot Toys. Refrain, Buffy, refrain.

WS specific sound cue was used to great effect.

Loved how the first big fight between WS and Cap had silent elements with just the sound of the wind, foot steps and knife / bullets hitting the shield.

One of the best choreographed battles ever placed on film.

I'm sick of the team thing. I've been a DC Comics fan all my life, but, at this point, it isn't about beating Marvel, for me. I just want them to be a success and get their universe moving so I can have twice the number of awesome comic book movies to look forward to each year.

I'm sick of the team thing. I've been a DC Comics fan all my life, but, at this point, it isn't about beating Marvel, for me. I just want them to be a success and get their universe moving so I can have twice the number of awesome comic book movies to look forward to each year.

Competition is human nature, coded into all our midichlorians.

Even the Terminator and Arnim Zola utilized it. :lol

Now change your name to capfan and be done with it. :lol

Last edited:

The first big fight between Cap and WS was mind blowing with how the sound effects and music were presented.

Battle looked great even when Cap was in street clothes.

This movie rocks.

I know! Bucky's twisted theme music/sound effects were rad and he looked badass with all mask configurations (full, half, and none.) And normally I'm the first to roll my eyes when comic book heroes take off their masks or spend extended amounts of time in their street clothes because it usually smacks of actors mugging for the camera but not in this one. It felt natural throughout and Rogers was cool in and out of uniform.

Spoiler Spoiler:

One of the best ways to wrap up any showdown EVER.

I know! Bucky's twisted theme music/sound effects were rad and he looked badass with all mask configurations (full, half, and none.) And normally I'm the first to roll my eyes when comic book heroes take off their masks or spend extended amounts of time in their street clothes but it usually smacks of actors mugging for the camera but not in this one. It felt natural throughout and Rogers was cool in and out of uniform.

Makes for an easy Halloween costume.

Jeans, T-Shirt, Sneakers, Light Jacket, Shield.

Bam, Captain America. :lol

SDCC will have everyone in their street clothes carrying a shield. :lol

Back