Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you like Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy? I was fighting sleep
Which helps make my point! :lol Just different kinds of movies for different kinds of audiences, and as Frank says, they should be examined in context. But at the same time, fans making grandiose claims can sometimes go a bit far.

I really want Red Skull to come back in all this. He's been underused in this film universe in my opinion.

With all the heroes teaming up in these films, surely we'll see the villains do the same? I'd love to see Skull conversing with Loki or what have you. That'd be pretty lame if that cosmic cube killed him. I always thought it transported him to another world.

The Red Skull will definitely be back. The thing is Cap won't be a "three and out" trilogy like the Dark Knight movies so technically Marvel might decide to have him dramatically return in Captain America 4 or 8 or 15 for all we know. The RS would sometimes die or disappear and be gone for 50 issues at a time in the comics before coming back with a vengeance. I would like to see an Evans/Weaving Cap/Skull rematch though so hopefully he comes back sooner rather than later.

I found TWS to be a great movie. Period. Obviously everyone's mileage will vary. But I'm not going to sit here and say, "TWS was a great Captain America movie, a good superhero movie, a mediocre political thriller, and a poor romantic comedy." Who does that?
Well I think we all implicitly do this, both when we set initial expectations, and when we sit in judgment. You should judge a film based on what it is trying to accomplish IMO. And Winter Soldier certainly does succeed in the ways it is meant to.

Well I think we all implicitly do this, both when we set initial expectations, and when we sit in judgment. You should judge a film based on what it is trying to accomplish IMO. And Winter Soldier certainly does succeed in the ways it is meant to.

Sometimes I do watch a movie and am hit with a sense of "oh this is a poor man's such and such." I thought Gladiator was a poor man's Braveheart for instance. But I never thought that when watching TWS. At the beginning it was "sweet, Cap taking out Captain Phillips pirates," in the middle it was "wow, this Fury chase is more exciting than the RPG/SUV battle in Clear and Present Danger," or "damn the WS jumped on the car and reached through the windshield and grabbed the steering wheel like Arnold did in T2," and so on. I though the Mexican standoff with Crossbones, Sharon Carter, and the kid at the Insight launch console was a great "Crimson Tide" moment.

In other words, whenever I noticed a reference to another movie or genre I never felt TWS suffered in comparison.

I did get a kick out of seeing the whole Strike Team with bruised faces as they hunted for Cap in the mall.

I'm glad that Brock Rumlow was more than a match for the Falcon and seemed to be about to take him out when the helicarrier hit. I was able to appreciate his character more the second time because the whole first viewing I was waiting to see him in his Crossbones mask. I like that they aren't forcing anything too fast and are allowing heroes and villains room to grow and breath. Can't wait to see Rumlow back with a (fully costumed hopefully) vengeance in the next one. Though I am accustomed to the hulking behemoth Crossbones as originally drawn by Kieron Dwyer so it's still a bit of an adjustment seeing him as smaller than Cap. But Grillo really pulled it off and owns the character now as far as I'm concerned.

Also with regard to the pacing of these movies I really like that they didn't force anything with Cap and Sharon. They're really letting these relationships play out like they would in an ongoing series. You'd think that'd be a no-brainer considering we know that these studios are in for the long haul but after MoS and what was possibly the most rushed and forced kiss in cinematic history it's nice to see a series unafraid to take its time and let things play out organically.

Now would be the perfect time to reintroduce Schmidt. Hydra's basically spread throughout the world, by extension, SHIELD is completely destroyed, and it would be awesome to see him take his place as the head of the snake, having unlocked the secrets of the universe through the power of the Tesseract or something.

Huh. . .I honestly don't even remember a kiss in Man of Steel.

It was pretty quick. Pa Kent did this to Clark right before the tornado took him.

giphy.gif

Any thoughts on what it could be? Tons of people are hoping for a Loki one shot :p

I think he's too big of a character for a one shot.

It would be neat to get something that has to do with the aftermath of the "good" agents after the destruction of SHIELD. (Sharon Carter, Maria Hill, etc.)

I think he's too big of a character for a one shot.

It would be neat to get something that has to do with the aftermath of the "good" agents after the destruction of SHIELD. (Sharon Carter, Maria Hill, etc.)

The original Captain America serials in the 40's were about 15 minutes long. I think an awesome idea for a Marvel One Shot would be to release a "full length" serial of him in his USO suit like the clip we briefly saw during the Star Spangled Man montage.

Yeah, I don't think those PS images should have represented the "art" on the cover. The BD Stealth shield would have been a nice counterpoint to the shiny shield on the cover of the TFA book. I can't wait to get mine though.

I have mine on PO from amazon. I have all the other slipcase books with exception of iron man. Which I have in paperback. It's really expensive to get now.

I've got to say, though, after seeing that movie, it really doesn't seem like the Widow image was as heavily photoshopped as originally thought. Comparing Widow in the movie to Widow in that pic, Johansson really did have quite the figure.

I've got to say, though, after seeing that movie, it really doesn't seem like the Widow image was as heavily photoshopped as originally thought. Comparing Widow in the movie to Widow in that pic, Johansson really did have quite the figure.

Have you seen the screen caps of her in "Under the Skin"?

Back