Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier

If you want to talk about Blade you should make a thread for it. I come into this thread for Cap and TWS and everything else related to the film. I would guess that most others would say the same. There is no need to take this thread off topic.

It's not really off topic, the conversation between people about CA:TWS naturally led to it as we start to talk more about how this film fits into the bigger MCU and what-not

I could understand if we were talking about Bananas or somethin'

Blade is a bad-***, no doubt. All I hope is that if he shows up in the Marvel Studios U, he does so with an afro and funky green sunglasses.

My little brother and I are going to see this one at 7:30 tonight. I cannot wait. TFA is my favorite Marvel film, so this was my most anticipated phase 2 film. I cannot wait till my son is old enough for me to take him to stuff like this.

So many aspects of the comics came to life in this film in very clever ways. For instance I love that they came up with the idea that Cap has a magnet on the back of his suit that holds his shield in place but still allows him to quickly whip it off and throw it, even when driving a motorcycle. In the comics he put his arms through the straps and wore it like a backpack but there'd just be no way for him to do that on film and still shrug it off and throw it in one motion. Plus it was badass how he'd lift it over his head and attach it.

So many aspects of the comics came to life in this film in very clever ways. For instance I love that they came up with the idea that Cap has a magnet on the back of his suit that holds his shield in place but still allows him to quickly whip it off and throw it, even when driving a motorcycle. In the comics he put his arms through the straps and wore it like a backpack but there'd just be no way for him to do that on film and still shrug it off and throw it in one motion. Plus it was badass how he'd lift it over his head and attach it.

:lecture

I thought the same thing, Khev! :rock:rock:rock

Beyond bad ***. :exactly:

I had no idea that guy was the future Crossbones, I was wondering why they bothered showing this guy after the building exploded, assuming he had died as a fairly generic, second tier villain a la the long hair Eurotrash guy from Die Hard.

:lol

If I hadn't read about it beforehand, I would have thought the exact same ****. Also, liked him a little better as a good guy.

It's not like the guy is is Superman or invincible or something. I was worried at first after I saw the comments from the folks who went to the early viewings. "He falls out of a 200 story building . . . whaaaaaa?" After seeing the movie though, it all felt right.

Anyone that wants to say he's invincible didn't see him take a bullet to the gut or missed the part where his old friend almost beat him to death.

Looks like I touched a nerve... I guess it's all about what you want to accept. Seeing him land from all of those high jumps and falls on concrete no less, pretty much explains why he didn't die from the bullet nor the beating. :wink1:

His entire existence in the Silver Age and beyond is based on him surviving a freefall from an exploding plane and landing in icy water.

I don't recall the height of the fall from the exploding plane... The super soldier thing could probably explain the hibernation... You didn't think, "WTF" when he was landing on concrete? I guess it all depends on where you draw the line. It's a comic book movie but at what point do you shake your head and say, "no ****ing way"? When Superman reversed time by circling the earth I said, "no ****ing way". It's a comic book movie but is there a line to be drawn?

like it or not people like to pick things apart they have nothing else better to do.

I don't know why people get so offended by it. I asked a simple question and find it hard to believe people also didn't question it when they saw it. Don't get your panties in a wad- sheesh!

I don't recall the height of the fall from the exploding plane... The super soldier thing could probably explain the hibernation... You didn't think, "WTF" when he was landing on concrete? I guess it all depends on where you draw the line. It's a comic book movie but at what point do you shake your head and say, "no ****ing way"? When Superman reversed time by circling the earth I said, "no ****ing way". It's a comic book movie but is there a line to be drawn?

Its up to the person watching the movie to decide. No one elses. When it comes down to it, the creators, may it be a comicbook or movie, creates the story based on what they want it to be. We cant change that. But it's up to us to accept if said story is believable or not.

I get where you're coming from, I was worried going in that he would be Superman.

But I was content with how they handled it.

The way I saw the elevator fall was that he had already lowered the elevator to a lower floor and then when he finally jumped, the roof glass broke his fall just enough for his shield to absorb the remaining energy from his concrete landing.

Besides, SHIELD uses a special soft energy absorbing concrete specifically for those situations.

I get where you're coming from, I was worried going in that he would be Superman.

But I was content with how they handled it.

The way I saw the elevator fall was that he had already lowered the elevator to a lower floor and then when he finally jumped, the roof glass broke his fall just enough for his shield to absorb the remaining energy from his concrete landing.

Besides, SHIELD uses a special soft energy absorbing concrete specifically for those situations.

Got it! :lol

Hey didn't Batman survive a fall out of a penthouse window with his girlfriend in the Dark Knight? And he didn't even have a shield!

To be fair, his cape slowed him down, but I think that, as far as Cap goes, you could say the same about his shield (and didn't he go through a glass roof, first, as well). I'm sure that impact probably slowed him down a bit, as well). It is made of vibranium, after all, so, perhaps it's true to its name and the brunt of the impact reverberates outward and away from the user (whose muscles and bones are probably sturdier than the average human beings, even if only a little bit).

Thor came down on the shield with all of his might and the shield protected Cap from the impact, so I'm sure a fall's impact isn't anywhere near as hard as Thor's strike.

There's a bunch of Hail Hyda memes going around. Some of them are pretty good.

hail-hydra-captain-america-the-winter-soldier-twitter-meme-01.jpg
hail-hydra-captain-america-the-winter-soldier-twitter-meme-03.jpg
Meme_Hail_Hydra_Titanic.jpg
HXC2GDWslASl.jpg

Back