Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pic, Khev.

Well they set up Falcon as an ex-pilot of sorts, and didn't specify that he was anything special in terms of fighting ability--in fact, they make a point of pointing out his physical inadequacies in the opening scene. Rumlow was supposed to be a special forces infantryman type, so it only makes sense to me that he could kick Falcon's ass without breaking a sweat. In the comics, he could sometimes hold his own against Cap, though it seems that in the movie-verse they want to make it clear that no human can really match up with Cap in a fight. Which I'm OK with.

I thought Batroc did alright.. no?

Once Cap tossed the shield, he totally kicked Batroc's ass, and Batroc seemed as skilled a fighter as they've shown in the Marvel Studios U (probably up there with Black Widow).

I thought Batroc did alright.. no?

Meh, all he did was throw fancy jumps, didn't really cause any damage to Cap, Cap send him flying a couple times like it was nothing, besides, Cap KOd him twice, one with a fancy kick and the other one with a tackle and a well placed punch to the pie hole :rock

God I need to see it again.

Meh, all he did was throw fancy jumps, didn't really cause any damage to Cap, Cap send him flying a couple times like it was nothing, besides, Cap KOd him twice, one with a fancy kick and the other one with a tackle and a well placed punch to the pie hole :rock

God I need to see it again.

:lol

your play by play makes me want to see it again too, such a great movie

:lol I know, I got excited while typing it :lol

:lol

Can't wait until next Christmas, when I can get it for $5 from Amazon.com, just like I did all the other Marvel Blu Rays so far :yess:

I could never wait for that.

I have a better chance of getting hit by lightning than I do not buying this the second it comes out. :lol

I actually did buy the Avengers on release date, but that may be the only comic movie I've done that for in ages. Even back in the day, I remember getting the DVDs for Spider-Man 2 and X2 used at Blockbuster after they went on discount. I got all the Marvel Studios stuff, all the Nolan Bat stuff, Watchmen, etc. during holiday Black Friday sales.

I actually did buy the Avengers on release date, but that may be the only comic movie I've done that for in ages. Even back in the day, I remember getting the DVDs for Spider-Man 2 and X2 used at Blockbuster after they went on discount. I got all the Marvel Studios stuff, all the Nolan Bat stuff, Watchmen, etc. during holiday Black Friday sales.

Bet ya saved a lot by doing that tho :lol

Well first and foremost, I'm a cheapskate, so that's by design! Some of the only DVDs I consistently bought as soon as they were released for full price were the Batman: The Animated Series sets, because I loved them so damn much.

I would buy that too, cant get enough Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill. The voices i hear when I read the comics lol.

I was so positive that Redford would turn out to be the Red Skull I considered it an actual twist that he wasn't. :lol But the first time watching the movie I noticed how frail Redford has become from the neck down and was having a hard time believing that they'd be able to justify Schmidt shrinking that much. Glad it turned out to not be an issue.

Also I found it a bit distracting that Evans kept calling him the RED Skull. I've always pronounced it Red SKULL (emphasis on Skull.) Calling him the RED Skull makes it sounds like there are different colored Skulls out there and Schmidt just happens to be the red one. :lol

saw it again this past weekend and did anybody else notice the SHIELD logo on the helicarriers were colored red?

also Winter Soldier is a great villain, right up there with Loki.

Also I found it a bit distracting that Evans kept calling him the RED Skull. I've always pronounced it Red SKULL (emphasis on Skull.) Calling him the RED Skull makes it sounds like there are different colored Skulls out there and Schmidt just happens to be the red one. :lol
He's most likely distinguishing him from the DC super fiend the Atomic Skull.

Going for round 4 tonight :banana

I was really surprised by how much I liked him. Cold hearted bastard as he is. I'm really looking forward to seeing him as Crossbones. Although, he'll have to step up his game... his comic counterpart can hold his own against Cap, and Rumlow in the movie got his ass spanked.

"This is gonna hurt" :rock. "You're out of your depth kid" :yess:. He's the s__t

Like the other guys already mentioned he got beat by Cap in the elevator (and who didn't :lol) but it's pretty established that the average person, no matter how strong or skilled, will have natural limits and can't match up to Cap. But he held his own the best of the batch in the elevator. Aside from that I think Rumlow can clean house a la Widow style if he's up against un-enhanced people.

I'm already half sold on a Crossbones fig. I'm hoping that the progression of his story and the costume design lives up to my expectations

Back