Article: Re: CREEPSHOW starts today!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would like to correct the price dave it says 98 but you go to checkout its 150.

Looking forward too fluffy as well as Nate :)

That makes sense... I thought it was odd the price was still $98 when he'd mentioned before having to raise the price on new orders to $150.

That's still a pretty incredible price considering the figure now has a fully custom body and is being made essentially by hand. They are definitely going to loose money on this release, but hopefully it will help them zero in on what they need to do to keep it going for the next releases. I'll definitely be giving them more of my business if they deliver on Nathan as promised.

Honestly I really want this figure but I'm still waiting to see how it turns out. Its been a really long time since its original release date so I'm skeptical about it actually seeing light.

I have spoken to Brian a few times personally via phone conversation, how many of the "great horror customizers" will do that? Your lucky if you get a message response back if all from most, from what i got was that he was having problems manufacturing these overseas but because of high cost he decided to have the project manufactured here in the us, thats the reason for the long wait, i don't know about what things this guy has done to disgust people but he seemed like a stand up guy who is passionate about his work and creating figures for collectors to enjoy. So instead of bashing the guy on a website, take 2 mins. And reach out to him if you have any questions.....i believe his # and email info are on his site for all to see, and then maybe when you've spoken to him you can pass judgement on personal experience instead of what you have heard. I hope this figure comes to light as well and appreciate that this guy is trying to make an awesome figure from one of my all time favorite horror movies.

I've found nothing about this process to be sneaky or deceptive. On the contrary, Dooley has been completely straightforward and transparent in communicating the unfortunate difficulties of bringing this figure to life. The communication has been good, and although nobody enjoys a 2 year wait, this looks like it'll be a worthwhile work of art, lovingly made.

Personally, I can't wait for this guy.

I have spoken to Brian a few times personally via phone conversation, how many of the "great horror customizers" will do that? Your lucky if you get a message response back if all from most, from what i got was that he was having problems manufacturing these overseas but because of high cost he decided to have the project manufactured here in the us, thats the reason for the long wait, i don't know about what things this guy has done to disgust people but he seemed like a stand up guy who is passionate about his work and creating figures for collectors to enjoy. So instead of bashing the guy on a website, take 2 mins. And reach out to him if you have any questions......
I'm assuming this all comes back to moves by Dooley to force some custom artists from doing more Creepshow-related figures, by means of legal threats. Everyone's got an opinion on this that you can revisit earlier in this thread, and some people will understand and defend that move, while others may well be disgusted by it, but. . .I don't think anyone was seriously harmed by it, so I don't know why folks would get all that upset. It isn't like there aren't hundreds of other unlicensed horror characters that folks can do customs of. But I don't think many fans of horror customs are going to be hurling insults at Dooley for taking too long to produce, considering how long those folks often have to wait to see things delivered.

I have spoken to Brian a few times personally via phone conversation, how many of the "great horror customizers" will do that? Your lucky if you get a message response back if all from most, from what i got was that he was having problems manufacturing these overseas but because of high cost he decided to have the project manufactured here in the us, thats the reason for the long wait, i don't know about what things this guy has done to disgust people but he seemed like a stand up guy who is passionate about his work and creating figures for collectors to enjoy. So instead of bashing the guy on a website, take 2 mins. And reach out to him if you have any questions.....i believe his # and email info are on his site for all to see, and then maybe when you've spoken to him you can pass judgement on personal experience instead of what you have heard. I hope this figure comes to light as well and appreciate that this guy is trying to make an awesome figure from one of my all time favorite horror movies.

I assume by that you are talking about One and in which case, he never responds to me either. People posting below your post seem to know what I am talking about, for the most part.

I'm assuming this all comes back to moves by Dooley to force some custom artists from doing more Creepshow-related figures, by means of legal threats. Everyone's got an opinion on this that you can revisit earlier in this thread, and some people will understand and defend that move, while others may well be disgusted by it, but. . .I don't think anyone was seriously harmed by it, so I don't know why folks would get all that upset. It isn't like there aren't hundreds of other unlicensed horror characters that folks can do customs of. But I don't think many fans of horror customs are going to be hurling insults at Dooley for taking too long to produce, considering how long those folks often have to wait to see things delivered.

^^^

Nathan looks great, I am not bashing it by any means and I hope people are happy with it when they finally have it but One and Beto cant be touched in the 1/6 Horror game, they are on another level. Ones Creeper and Hobo from Creepshow 2 were masterpieces, along with Betos Fluffy. Trying to stop them from making 1 or 2 figures that arent being marketed is kind of silly.

Ive waited since the 80s when i first fell in love with Creepshow to get some great merchandise and im happy to wait as long as it takes to get the best quality figure. Yes Dooley did say on facebook that there aiming for Fathers Day.

They said on Facebook, they hope to ship it by... Father's Day.

I seriously doubt they'll make that deadline; unless more is done (like outfits) that they're not showing. But I'm encouraged by the great progress they've been making recently and seems they have a new space to work in which should help with production. If they deliver on Nathan and continue to produce figures in-house (which seems to be the current plan) I'll be happy to keep supporting them.

if this actually is in the hands of retailers or online and available for Father's Day---I will gladly re-order, and gleefully pay the additional charges from what it was inititally listed for. because it looks better now than it did judging from the FB page photos.

When anyone gets theirs: please post in hand pics. Attn: SHS---if you still read the threads here. Have you considered offering (IN ADDITION TO THE 1/6 LINE AND PLANNED PFs) retro Mego-style versions of the characters? Cheaper to produce...and some folks still collect this scale. Like me. Just a thought.

I know Distinctive Dummies has had grand success with their Mego style figures. Apparently just as successful as their 1/6 entries. Maybe more so.

I actually am working on my own custom Mego Nathan as we speak. It's a fun bash made from readily available parts.

Dooley mentioned on Facebook that they were still aiming to have it out for Fathers Day.I have said it once and i will say it again i don't mind waiting, i have waited since the 1980s for any decent Creepshow merchandise.

Back