Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Will you buy Wolverine LSF @ 2000 with an open edition size?

Voters
333. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    24 7.21%
  • No

    262 78.68%
  • On the fence

    17 5.11%
  • Will wait for in hand pics

    17 5.11%
  • Possibly at a later date

    13 3.90%
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 278
  1. #181

    Default Re: Will you Order Wolverine Legendary Scale Figure if he's $2000?

    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    You think they're going to charge you just 200$ for shipping (to the UK), taxes, duties, custom etc..for a 1:2 statue valued at 2000$???
    one can dream cant they? let the man have his litlle fantasy.

  2. Collectibles Direct UK-300x250 Fanboy Collectibles  160x600
  3. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    one can dream cant they? let the man have his litlle fantasy.
    Oh, ok
    “Now some people might look down on Worm's mechanics, call it immoral. But as Canada Bill Jones says, it is immoral to let a sucker keep his money.”

  4. #183
    It's so fluffy!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sac Town
    Posts
    11,485
    Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Reputation
    can't wait for the 1/4 Brown costume Wolvie. for the ppl that support the price gouging for this line though .

  5. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
    can't wait for the 1/4 Brown costume Wolvie. for the ppl that support the price gouging for this line though .
    In all fairness there is price gouging on all scales/formats in marvel as of late... so to us all

  6. #185
    Shipping costs suck
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    alberta, canada
    Posts
    11,656
    Feedback
    13 (100%)
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by MachineGunMan View Post
    In all fairness there is price gouging on all scales/formats in marvel as of late... so to us all
    How true. But this one is more than gouging, it more like raping and pillaging.

  7. #186
    I think it has to do with the fact that they know people are paying ridiculous prices for after market pieces, maybe they figure if people will pay 2k for hulks and dooms, then this is their chance to get in on a over inflated market. Kinda similar to people saying they will buy the new colossus regardless of what it looks like or price good or bad. We as collectors so far have given sideshow the green light at every turn. (sadly)

  8. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by MachineGunMan View Post
    I think it has to do with the fact that they know people are paying ridiculous prices for after market pieces, maybe they figure if people will pay 2k for hulks and dooms, then this is their chance to get in on a over inflated market. Kinda similar to people saying they will buy the new colossus regardless of what it looks like or price good or bad. We as collectors so far have given sideshow the green light at every turn. (sadly)
    Sadly, with enough collectors with that type of mentality willing to swallow anything SS puts out that has a marvel stamp on it for hundreds of dollars regardless of the quality'; Sideshow will have no incentive to improve quality orkeep prices under control..If the current trend continues I predict you'll see statues of this type of quality selling for 600$ or more in a couple of years

  9. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by quadcent View Post
    How true. But this one is more than gouging, it more like raping and pillaging.

  10. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by MachineGunMan View Post
    I think it has to do with the fact that they know people are paying ridiculous prices for after market pieces, maybe they figure if people will pay 2k for hulks and dooms, then this is their chance to get in on a over inflated market. Kinda similar to people saying they will buy the new colossus regardless of what it looks like or price good or bad. We as collectors so far have given sideshow the green light at every turn. (sadly)
    If this is SS's mentality I think they are badly mistaken. How many people are actually paying those high aftermarket prices? A handful? Add to that these pieces are no longer in production which explains to some extent the price. If they (SS) are hoping those same people are going to pay that price right out of the gate they may find these not going anywhere. If SS can get what they ask for on these then more power to them. All I know it's not money from my direction.

  11. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by JacktheRipper View Post
    If this is SS's mentality I think they are badly mistaken. How many people are actually paying those high aftermarket prices? A handful? Add to that these pieces are no longer in production which explains to some extent the price. If they (SS) are hoping those same people are going to pay that price right out of the gate they may find these not going anywhere. If SS can get what they ask for on these then more power to them. All I know it's not money from my direction.
    I can see them squeezing more orders out of a limited edition size but having a combination of open edition size and extremely high pricing without any light up features does not seem like a good combination to me. jmo.

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Figure
    By The Mike in forum Aliens & Robots-Statues, props, kits, etc.
    Replies: 6086
    Last Post: Yesterday, 01:01 PM
  2. Wolverine Legendary scale figure??!!!
    By wookielovin in forum Marvel Statues, props, etc.
    Replies: 4437
    Last Post: 04-10-2014, 08:58 PM
  3. Obi-Wan Kenobi Legendary Scale Figure
    By The Mike in forum Star Wars-Statues, props, etc.
    Replies: 326
    Last Post: 03-31-2014, 05:22 PM
  4. Wolverine legendary scale bust
    By Karma in forum Marvel Statues, props, etc.
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 04-02-2013, 02:14 PM
  5. FS: Wolverine Legendary Scale Bust
    By Balsquat in forum For Sale/Trade- Action Figures
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-19-2009, 05:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •