Statue Will you Order Wolverine Legendary Scale Figure if he's $2000?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you buy Wolverine LSF @ 2000 with an open edition size?

• Total voters
:lol You think they're going to charge you just 200$ for shipping (to the UK), taxes, duties, custom etc..for a 1:2 statue valued at 2000$???:rotfl

one can dream cant they? let the man have his litlle fantasy.

can't wait for the 1/4 Brown costume Wolvie. :clap for the ppl that support the price gouging for this line though :hi5:.

I think it has to do with the fact that they know people are paying ridiculous prices for after market pieces, maybe they figure if people will pay 2k for hulks and dooms, then this is their chance to get in on a over inflated market. Kinda similar to people saying they will buy the new colossus regardless of what it looks like or price good or bad. We as collectors so far have given sideshow the green light at every turn. (sadly)

I think it has to do with the fact that they know people are paying ridiculous prices for after market pieces, maybe they figure if people will pay 2k for hulks and dooms, then this is their chance to get in on a over inflated market. Kinda similar to people saying they will buy the new colossus regardless of what it looks like or price good or bad. We as collectors so far have given sideshow the green light at every turn. (sadly)

:goodpost: Sadly, with enough collectors with that type of mentality willing to swallow anything SS puts out that has a marvel stamp on it for hundreds of dollars regardless of the quality'; Sideshow will have no incentive to improve quality orkeep prices under control..If the current trend continues I predict you'll see statues of this type of quality selling for 600$ or more in a couple of years:monkey4
images

If this is SS's mentality I think they are badly mistaken. How many people are actually paying those high aftermarket prices? A handful? Add to that these pieces are no longer in production which explains to some extent the price. If they (SS) are hoping those same people are going to pay that price right out of the gate they may find these not going anywhere. If SS can get what they ask for on these then more power to them. All I know it's not money from my direction.

If this is SS's mentality I think they are badly mistaken. How many people are actually paying those high aftermarket prices? A handful? Add to that these pieces are no longer in production which explains to some extent the price. If they (SS) are hoping those same people are going to pay that price right out of the gate they may find these not going anywhere. If SS can get what they ask for on these then more power to them. All I know it's not money from my direction.

I can see them squeezing more orders out of a limited edition size but having a combination of open edition size and extremely high pricing without any light up features does not seem like a good combination to me. jmo.

I see why it's an open edition. They don't want to produce more then they can sell which inturn might make them very limited. In the end these may increase in value. I know even with a bad economy there are people with disposable income. I just don't think these priced as they are will do much. I don't run SS so what do I know; they obviously (better have) did their research.

I see why it's an open edition. They don't want to produce more then they can sell which inturn might make them very limited. In the end these may increase in value. I know even with a bad economy there are people with disposable income. I just don't think these priced as they are will do much. I don't run SS so what do I know; they obviously (better have) did their research.

If it's open edition, they will continually produce it for years to come like Iron-Man 1:2.

If it's open edition, they will continually produce it for years to come like Iron-Man 1:2.

Interesting, I thought open edition was like that Darth Maul figure they made a few ago. Where there was a window to order and that's how many were made.
It's sort of a made-to-order piece. How cost effective is that? Unless that mark-up is tremendous.

Thanks for the info.

Interesting, I thought open edition was like that Darth Maul figure they made a few ago. Where there was a window to order and that's how many were made.
It's sort of a made-to-order piece. How cost effective is that? Unless that mark-up is tremendous.Thanks for the info.

think that's the point of the whole thread

No.. Collector feedback dictates how expensive a release should be, based on previous purchases. If everyone jumps on a US$2,000 1:2 figure, we non-millionaires are effed-up! :slap I'd rather buy a Comiquette.

with these open ES pieces, it just seems like SS doesn't want to miss out on aftermarket prices. Sideshow does see all of their statues increaing in value and they're not getting a piece of the pie, so they figure if they have statues that never sell out, they'll never be missing out.

with these open ES pieces, it just seems like SS doesn't want to miss out on aftermarket prices. Sideshow does see all of their statues increaing in value and they're not getting a piece of the pie, so they figure if they have statues that never sell out, they'll never be missing out.

Too bad they miss out the part that if there is no fixed ES, there won't really be aftermarket drive, and many collectors will just wait to get them while prioritizing the ones that actually sell out. Heck I haven't even got the IM 1:2 yet because I know he'll be in stock for a long while.

Too bad they miss out the part that if there is no fixed ES, there won't really be aftermarket drive, and many collectors will just wait to get them while prioritizing the ones that actually sell out. Heck I haven't even got the IM 1:2 yet because I know he'll be in stock for a long while.

Sorry fuzzy, but doesn't really make sense to me.

I can understand SS releases too many pieces we want in a relatively short period of time and one has to selective on which piece to get first and which one can wait. I could also understand that many times, one has to wait to save some money for X months to afford such pieces, especially when there is a $2000 price tag on them. But the IM 1:2 was released almost two years ago! Don't you think that those collectors who really want to have this piece in their collection will have it by now?? I mean, two years!

Don't you think that the fact that you (or anyoone) have waited so long might be related to you not being really interested in such piece?

If it was a priority, maybe you could have saved to buy it instead of getting other pieces :dunno

Back