Transformers 4: Age of Extinction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not one of those people that walks out of a movie but if I was, this would of been a no-brainer. The only thing I liked about the movie (and admittedly the only reason I wanted to put myself through another one) was the Dinobots. Even then I didn't like how they were introduced and wanted to see them battling in their robot form more.

There's just so much crap going on with this film.

This was atrocious. I'm not a big Transformers fan to begin with, but the first one was good. Second one was crap, third one was crap, and this one? Crap... with dinobots. But crap nonetheless.

I'm almost tempted to rank it lower than 2 and 3 purely because Bay had the nerve to make the damn thing nearly three hours long. THREE. In what universe does a shallow, CG-oversaturated, glorified toy advertisement like a Transformers movie need to clock in at three hours? 90 minutes is all it needs. 100 if I'm being generous. I cannot imagine what convinced Bay that he had compelling enough material to last this long.

Easily the most annoying, mind-numbing, cardboard cutout of a film to be released so far this year. I had a better time with After Earth because, while that movie was still horrendous, at least it was watchable. The bulk of this hunk of crap, by comparison, shouldn't have even been made.

This was atrocious. I'm not a big Transformers fan to begin with, but the first one was good. Second one was crap, third one was crap, and this one? Crap... with dinobots. But crap nonetheless.

I'm almost tempted to rank it lower than 2 and 3 purely because Bay had the nerve to make the damn thing nearly three hours long. THREE. In what universe does a shallow, CG-oversaturated, glorified toy advertisement like a Transformers movie need to clock in at three hours? 90 minutes is all it needs. 100 if I'm being generous. I cannot imagine what convinced Bay that he had compelling enough material to last this long.

Easily the most annoying, mind-numbing, cardboard cutout of a film to be released so far this year. I had a better time with After Earth because, while that movie was still horrendous, at least it was watchable. The bulk of this hunk of crap, by comparison, shouldn't have even been made.

:goodpost: just as I suspected

Saw this one at a matinee after my kids begged to go see it. Gotta admit when I was a teen I woulda loved it for the action. Mindless entertainment. Gotta admit too the chick was hot. My 13 and 15 year old very much enjoyed it

Just got back from seeing this. I thought it was great. Too bad so many others take it too seriously. I enjoyed it. I actually liked it better than the other 3.

Doesn't matter what anyone thinks about this movie it's making money and that's always the bottom line.

Just got back from seeing this. I thought it was great. Too bad so many others take it too seriously. I enjoyed it. I actually liked it better than the other 3.

If this was 1692 you would be burned at the stake for saying this. :lol

They must've had their own Michael Bay back then. :lol

If this was 1692 you would be burned at the stake for saying this. :lol

They must've had their own Michael Bay back then. :lol

:lol I don't care. After reading these movie threads for 6 years, some don't like anything. I wouldn't bother spending the money going to movies if I were them.

The movie was fun, just gotta get your brain to shut down for a while (which isn't a bad thing all the time!)
The only part that I couldn't stand was John Goodman's autobot, lord, even for a Transformers movie his dialogue was ridiculous. :lol

The movie was fun, just gotta get your brain to shut down for a while (which isn't a bad thing all the time!)
The only part that I couldn't stand was John Goodman's autobot, lord, even for a Transformers movie his dialogue was ridiculous. :lol

I don't know......comparing it to some of the dialogue in #2, it wasn't THAT bad. :lol

you might as well just play a videogame in that case lol, more bang for your buck and you will get more out of it.

You get to both turn off your brain and become part of the story. I bet the transformers 4 videogame has a better storyline and is so much more fun to watch and play :exactly:

I didn't even turn off my brain for Eight Legged Freaks and loved that movie. Even with a lobotomy, this 165-minute commercial still would've had me squirming in my seat. Power to those who liked it but there are late-night Cinemax programs with less woodiness than this.

I didn't even turn off my brain for Eight Legged Freaks and loved that movie. Even with a lobotomy, this 165-minute commercial still would've had me squirming in my seat. Power to those who liked it but there are late-night Cinemax programs with less woodiness than this.

you are grumpy and you have no sense of humor

(just kidding :lol)

I thought it was awful. Especially when the boyfriend kid was carrying around a laminated card that allows him to have sex with minors. There are so many other things wrong with it, but that tops it.

Nice gift set with a Optimus on Grimlock statue coming out for this one. For those that care.:dunno

Well I rented the 3D version and watched it last night. I'm shocked that a lot of you seemed to rate this lower than Part 2 and 3. I thought it was MUCH better. No Shia, no Tad Hamilton military team, no belching, farting, leg humping, giant balls or any of that crap. Honestly it felt like a 1990's Michael Bay movie to me. Much more in the tradition of The Rock and especially Armageddon compared to most of the junk he's done from Pearl Harbor to now.

It had a very good cast, no one that I found annoying. Even the daughter and her boyfriend were surprisingly decent.

What's really cool is that it pretty much works as a direct sequel to the 2007 original. In Revenge of the Fallen we are stupidly presented with the notion that the final city battle in the first one was somehow swept under the rug and people don't really believe in transformers. But AoE starts with people pissed off about the urban destruction. A more fitting evolution, IMO. You can just watch TF 2007 and then Age of Extinction and assume that Stanley Tucci got Megatron's head from the bottom of the ocean. Ignore ROTF and DOTM entirely. You can't ask for much more of a palette cleanser than that (minus a full reboot under a new director which would be great but honestly just not something we can get worked up about at this point.)

I felt Age of Extinction had a bit of a 1986 animated movie vibe with some of its early good guy deaths, Galvatron, and a powerful third party enemy in space. I was hoping that the "creators" would be revealed to be those guys with the three faces that would say, "guilty" in the original cartoon. I'm excited to see where Optimus was going at the end of the movie.

The big criticism is of course the freaking running time. Good gosh, I don't know how often I'll ever have the energy to sit through the whole thing. I remember toward the end of the movie thinking back to the early stuff at Mark Wahlberg's barn and thinking "was that really a part of this same movie, I feel like I'm watching a trilogy marathon," lol.

Anyway, I thought it was fun and harmless check your brain entertainment. Not on par with the great summer films we've gotten this year of course but probably as good as we could have hoped for from Bay.

I felt Age of Extinction had a bit of a 1986 animated movie vibe. . .

rquQif9.gif

Back