Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 482 of 599 FirstFirst ... 382432472478479480481482483484485486492532582 ... LastLast
Results 4,811 to 4,820 of 5987

Default Re: HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

I think the problem I have with this figure is that you only get one body and two outfits. That makes no sense to me. For the money at least throw in an extra body or maybe an extra head (without PERS preferably). For $175 this figure would be great. I have seen people on the 'for sale/trade' section selling this for under 200 and would love to get another. However there is other stuff I want first.

2. Fanboy Collectibles  160x600 Collectibles Direct UK-300x250
    Suburban Street Viper MODERATOR
    Feedback
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EVILFACE View Post
    It's funny that some will take a Ra's that doesn't look exact like Liam Neeson because it has skin texture (or because it's by Rainman), but bast HT Indy cause it's not 100% Ford.

It's close enough for me. I like the texture, paint, pers and I see Ford. I didn't like the SS figure. At all. Besides the pants and guns it was junk.

The level of detail in the sculpt is something that the HT version has on the SSC version. Googly eyes too, if you're interested in that. And both have their issues, as I've pointed out before and in my post earlier. But as you can see, I have both versions that I am using for display (for the moment), so even though I admittedly like the SSC version better, I think both have their good points and are worthy of being displayed.

Having said that, your pic there is pretty flattering. My HT Indys never seem to look like that in-hand.

But as I said with Ra's, likeness is a consideration, detail is a consideration, but so is having something aesthetically pleasing on the shelf, which is a subjective, intangible thing. It isn't one factor alone that determines if I will like one sculpt over another. If it was always likeness, I would probably be a NECA Predator collector instead of HT. But sometimes when there are competing sculpts with different pros and cons, one that clearly has an edge in likeness will be enough to trump other considerations.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    9 (100%)
    I wonder if part of the issue is just with Ford and what we envision his likeness as being in our heads. For instance Ford has been steady in the movie industry for almost 35 years now. How much of our perception of what he looks like is biased by what we know or think he should look like? For me I think he looks completely different in each Indy movie and can tell which film from any pic taken during that films production. If you put Last Crusade Ford next to Raiders it would almost look like two different people if you didn't know better.

Super Freak

Feedback
    I picked this figure up the other day at C2E2 in Chicago very sweet figure in person glad to add him too my DX clan

I'm close to buying it for 210 euros including shipping, but then I hear its been sold for 170 dollars!? Damn... why don't we europeans ever get that good deals.

Feedback
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    I'm close to buying it for 210 euros including shipping, but then I hear its been sold for 170 dollars!? Damn... why don't we europeans ever get that good deals.
    Keep your eye open on the For Sale section. Some do pop up for a reasonable price (that's where I bought my Indys from for less than eBay cost).

Quote Originally Posted by karamazov80 View Post
    Keep your eye open on the For Sale section. Some do pop up for a reasonable price (that's where I bought my Indys from for less than eBay cost).
    Will do so, 210 euros doesn't seem right for this figure... cheap for me but not what I think he is worth.

Question, what body did they use for the figure? Thinking about buying an extra body to display him in the desert clothes.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EVILFACE View Post
    It's funny that some will take a Ra's that doesn't look exact like Liam Neeson because it has skin texture (or because it's by Rainman), but bast HT Indy cause it's not 100% Ford.

It's close enough for me. I like the texture, paint, pers and I see Ford. I didn't like the SS figure. At all. Besides the pants and guns it was junk.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUU u said something negative about a RM sculpt!! UUUUUUUUUUUU.. LMAOO

Feedback
    69 (100%)
    He's got a muscle body. Seems very similar to the one you can buy as a standalone nude body, though it might be tanned a little differently.

For the desert clothes though, I'm not sure the body matters so much. Might be cheaper and just as effective to go with another body.

Just a little freaky

Feedback
    I've got one question though - hopefully you might be be to help me, what are you gluing the jacket collars down with please? Superglue? or is that too drastic? Thank gents.

Page 482 of 599 FirstFirst ... 382432472478479480481482483484485486492532582 ... LastLast