HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see that. The SSC looks more like a slightly stylized version of Ford as Indy, while the HT is a more realistic portrayal of Indy's stunt double. Good point.

It's funny that some will take a Ra's that doesn't look exact like Liam Neeson because it has skin texture (or because it's by Rainman), but bast HT Indy cause it's not 100% Ford.

It's close enough for me. I like the texture, paint, pers and I see Ford. I didn't like the SS figure. At all. Besides the pants and guns it was junk.

indy2-2.jpg

Straight on is probably the worst angle to see the Hot Toys I.J., I would agree it's not spot-on, but the Sideshow version is even worse. It looks like H.F. with Hydroce______. And you have to do so many things to make the Sideshow Indy look good, change out the clothes and body, re-paint the head, I don't think there is any question the Hot Toys I.J. is better than the Sideshow version.

It's funny that some will take a Ra's that doesn't look exact like Liam Neeson because it has skin texture (or because it's by Rainman), but bast HT Indy cause it's not 100% Ford.

It's close enough for me. I like the texture, paint, pers and I see Ford. I didn't like the SS figure. At all. Besides the pants and guns it was junk.

indy2-2.jpg

Pictures like that is what makes me want to buy him.

indy2-2.jpg

Agreed- most pics of HT Indy just crappy but in hand...another story

Is 210 euros a good price for this figure in Europe? Do you guys think I could get a better price in the sales thread?

I think the problem I have with this figure is that you only get one body and two outfits. That makes no sense to me. For the money at least throw in an extra body or maybe an extra head (without PERS preferably). For $175 this figure would be great. I have seen people on the 'for sale/trade' section selling this for under 200 and would love to get another. However there is other stuff I want first. :panic:

indy2-2.jpg
The level of detail in the sculpt is something that the HT version has on the SSC version. Googly eyes too, if you're interested in that. And both have their issues, as I've pointed out before and in my post earlier. But as you can see, I have both versions that I am using for display (for the moment), so even though I admittedly like the SSC version better, I think both have their good points and are worthy of being displayed.

Having said that, your pic there is pretty flattering. My HT Indys never seem to look like that in-hand.

But as I said with Ra's, likeness is a consideration, detail is a consideration, but so is having something aesthetically pleasing on the shelf, which is a subjective, intangible thing. It isn't one factor alone that determines if I will like one sculpt over another. If it was always likeness, I would probably be a NECA Predator collector instead of HT. But sometimes when there are competing sculpts with different pros and cons, one that clearly has an edge in likeness will be enough to trump other considerations.

I wonder if part of the issue is just with Ford and what we envision his likeness as being in our heads. For instance Ford has been steady in the movie industry for almost 35 years now. How much of our perception of what he looks like is biased by what we know or think he should look like? For me I think he looks completely different in each Indy movie and can tell which film from any pic taken during that films production. If you put Last Crusade Ford next to Raiders it would almost look like two different people if you didn't know better.

I'm close to buying it for 210 euros including shipping, but then I hear its been sold for 170 dollars!? Damn... why don't we europeans ever get that good deals.

I'm close to buying it for 210 euros including shipping, but then I hear its been sold for 170 dollars!? Damn... why don't we europeans ever get that good deals.
Keep your eye open on the For Sale section. Some do pop up for a reasonable price (that's where I bought my Indys from for less than eBay cost).

Keep your eye open on the For Sale section. Some do pop up for a reasonable price (that's where I bought my Indys from for less than eBay cost).

Will do so, 210 euros doesn't seem right for this figure... cheap for me but not what I think he is worth.

Question, what body did they use for the figure? Thinking about buying an extra body to display him in the desert clothes.

indy2-2.jpg

UUUUUUUUUUUUUU u said something negative about a RM sculpt!! UUUUUUUUUUUU.. LMAOO :wink1:

He's got a muscle body. Seems very similar to the one you can buy as a standalone nude body, though it might be tanned a little differently.

For the desert clothes though, I'm not sure the body matters so much. Might be cheaper and just as effective to go with another body.

Hello! I got my Indy today (my 3rd 1/6).
I've got one question though - hopefully you might be be to help me, what are you gluing the jacket collars down with please? Superglue? or is that too drastic? Thank gents.

Hello! I got my Indy today (my 3rd 1/6).
I've got one question though - hopefully you might be be to help me, what are you gluing the jacket collars down with please? Superglue? or is that too drastic? Thank gents.

I used Fabric Glue. I got it at Michael's. You should be able to get it at any decent craft store.

Back