Indy Legendary Scale? Probably not anymore.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Indy Legendary Scale? Looks like it!

Sadly, I think the pose is quite bland, much like the LSF Obi-Wan.

I like it. I'm glad its a whip pose.
Only so much you can do at 1/2 scale. Having the whip cracking overhead would have meant the statue was ridiculously large, height wise

:horror is that what the Indy LSF looks like? That sucks! pose is real bad

I'll stick with the Premium Format :)

:horror is that what the Indy LSF looks like? That sucks! pose is real bad

I'll stick with the Premium Format :)

It is definitely not as cool as the Temple of Doom PF ..... but it is gigantic soooo......I need it :D

I think the problem with the pose is that they really picked the perfect Indy pose for the first PF. That one screams "Indy." Each pose they've picked since for other PFs and this piece, have been less and less iconic.

But I doubt we'll have to worry about it. I have a strong feeling this statue is never going to materialize. :(

I think the problem with the pose is that they really picked the perfect Indy pose for the first PF. That one screams "Indy." Each pose they've picked since for other PFs and this piece, have been less and less iconic.

But I doubt we'll have to worry about it. I have a strong feeling this statue is never going to materialize. :(

I like all Indy PF but if I has to choose a fav its the Raiders PF...for me to even consider buying any LSF $$$ it has to be better than the PF..that not happening with the photo shown here

Although I really want to see this indy figure happen, the import and shipping charges would be crazy to Australia. Would have to by it from a local on-line
retailer for far more than 2k. Oh well, still would love to see a reveal soon!

Although I really want to see this indy figure happen, the import and shipping charges would be crazy to Australia. Would have to by it from a local on-line
retailer for far more than 2k. Oh well, still would love to see a reveal soon!

I'm in Melbourne and am one of the main posters on this thread. Suck it up :D

But seriously, Popcultcha prices LSs at $2400 ....$400 shipping ain't too bad for something that massive and heavy, going that far.
Probably $100+ cheaper direct from Sideshow.

Now just put it up for preorder Sideshow, why won't you take my money!? :)

Bad news....

SSAlex answer me this about Indiana Jones LSF ....

I have a feeling the Indiana Jones LSF may never end up being produced as an actual product but sometimes older projects will pop up down the road (like the recent Pinhead announcement of many years in the making, ha!), so who knows what the future will bring.

I'm sad...

Somehow I had a feeling, and I'm not shocked about it at all.

I think the Indy on horse statue may have been the last piece we see in the Indiana Jones line.

Really unfortunate to pay all the licensing money and then do a haphazard release. If this was Marvel, we'd have a Marion or Sallah or Belloq--well, likely all of them--to pose with the ROTLA Indy, then have a Short Round and Willie to go with ToD Indy (hell, this was the ONLY Indy to have a companion piece with Mola Ram, which I never did pick up), and then have a Last Crusade Indy with the only obvious pairing being a 1/4th scale Connery as the senior Dr. Jones. I would have much preferred this over the KOTCS Indy that I never did get. They could have also skipped the diorama for ToD and some of the other stuff and just released statues.

I agree. It upsets me how Sideshow mishandles their licenses, especially one that was very near and dear to me. Indy was the only license I was wholeheartedly dedicated to. There are a lot of things I would have liked to have seen them do differently, but the one thing that disappoints me the most is no Last Crusade Indy PF. They make one from all the movies, but that one? I still don't understand how you can't complete the series.

On principle I wholeheartedly oppose the Legendary Scale Figure format (because of the absurd price point), but Indy is the one character I might have forked over two Gs for.

If they'd produced this thing (at the quality level it could and should have been produced at) ... I would be $2000 poorer right now.

I guess, when you look at it that way ... they did me a favor.

Still makes me sad, though.

I agree. It upsets me how Sideshow mishandles their licenses, especially one that was very near and dear to me. Indy was the only license I was wholeheartedly dedicated to. There are a lot of things I would have liked to have seen them do differently, but the one thing that disappoints me the most is no Last Crusade Indy PF. They make one from all the movies, but that one? I still don't understand how you can't complete the series.

Couldn't agree more. My two favorite pop culture characters are Indy and then Han Solo. (And Sideshow can't even give me a Bespin 1:4 scale Solo or Endor Han!!) But as to Indy, no LC statue and then actually making the KOTCS statue--are they saying they prefer that film over the far superior LC? LC was a chance for a cool action pose or something different. Blown opportunity.

Couldn't agree more. My two favorite pop culture characters are Indy and then Han Solo. (And Sideshow can't even give me a Bespin 1:4 scale Solo or Endor Han!!) But as to Indy, no LC statue and then actually making the KOTCS statue--are they saying they prefer that film over the far superior LC? LC was a chance for a cool action pose or something different. Blown opportunity.

I think they put foward the Crystal Skull indy to sort of reboot the franchise and make it relevant with their new indy license. Kind of like what hasbro did with their figure waves.
Raiders, then KotCS followed by the others. I would definately love an LC indy at the very least to round out the pfs to represent each film, but there is no positive outlook for it to
Happen in the near future.
A 'leap of faith' pose for it with indy holding the dairy with one hand and his chest (heart) with the other would have been awesome

As someone had suggested earlier, make Indy and Henry on the motorcycle. Like what GG was going to produce, then failed to do so. It'd be an ambitious and expensive piece, but no doubt beautiful and a fitting end to their Indy line.

Bad news....

SSAlex answer me this about Indiana Jones LSF ....

I have a feeling the Indiana Jones LSF may never end up being produced as an actual product but sometimes older projects will pop up down the road (like the recent Pinhead announcement of many years in the making, ha!), so who knows what the future will bring.

I'm sad...

I am very saddened by this. For 3yrs I've been thinking this would be the centerpiece and grail of my collection.
I've held off renovating my study and lounge room until I had some sort of dimensions for it and could ensure I had the ultimate display for it.

All very baffling considering the other LS pieces they're producing.

As someone had suggested earlier, make Indy and Henry on the motorcycle. Like what GG was going to produce, then failed to do so. It'd be an ambitious and expensive piece, but no doubt beautiful and a fitting end to their Indy line.

Yeah ....it'd be very ambitious.....I'd still pay $1500-2000 for what would be 2 1/4 statues and a massive 1/4 scale motorbike and sidecar.

No one but me is bummed by this? .... Well no wonder they cancelled it :D

Na I was looking forward to it, but not as it was, it wasn't what I'd consider a home run with that goofy leg pose and portrait.
I'd much prefer a rehash of the ROLA PF over what they showed.

Back