The Reaper:Death's General - The Dead Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps, but my point was that there is no "reaper" to his, or others, in their title.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

I just went through this entire thread again, staring at the pics. Every morning that I go down to the media room, I say Hi to Grim! I don't have a lot of large scale sculpts in my collection but what i do have pales in comparison to the level of detail in the Reaper. Jaw Droppingly beautiful. very happy i was able to afford one at the time it was solicited.

Is there someone will sell here at the board not on evilbay lol

Asking price not the going price. But the most of the people whom bought this (including myself) are keeping it and not flipping it. You may have to pay more because how scares this piece is. If you find it for 1 500-1 800 shipped I'd take it if you want it badly. There was member who bought 2 by accident sold it at retail but that was ages ago.

Good luck he is fantastic in person with great details. Out of all my statues he brings the most attention among my friends and family and have I have about 28 in my man cave and more in my guest room.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Asking price not the going price. But the most of the people whom bought this (including myself) are keeping it and not flipping it. You may have to pay more because how scares this piece is. If you find it for 1 500-1 800 shipped I'd take it if you want it badly. There was member who bought 2 by accident sold it at retail but that was ages ago.

Good luck he is fantastic in person with great details. Out of all my statues he brings the most attention among my friends and family and have I have about 28 in my man cave and more in my guest room.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

You mean to say 1500-1800 shipped is the asking price or more? Never seen in person but a lot says he's full of great details.

It looks like a variant is going to be released. I've seen two people post chats with sideshow about it. Here's the latest.

me: hi, I was just wondering if it was true that you guys plan on releasing a variant to the Demithyle Reaper general in the COTD line? Just thought I'd ask before planning on paying aftermarket prices for the first one. Thanks!

Just a moment...

Sideshow Elisse: Hello!*

me: hello!

Sideshow Elisse: Yes that is correct.*

me: oh, ok, cool beans. You wouldn't happen to know what will be different about the variant would you? [grin]

[grin]

Sideshow Elisse: Our production team is currently in the works of making a similar Demithyle, it will be the same character.*

Color scheme will be different and the base will be different.

Guys,
I buy pieces because I like them. I do not consider them investments. I have a nice retirement account for that. At some point, all of these collectibles seem to lose value. At least in the toy and statue world. I am happy that Sideshow gives the people what they want. Why would they not want to make money? They are a business. I cannot buy the old one even if I would shell out double the original price. No one is selling it. So, thank you Sideshow!

They gain more customers by doing this than the ones they might lose because they're pissed off. 300 vs the 1000's who'll buy the new one. Simple math.
I also agree on statues not being investments. If you're investing in statues, you're doing it wrong.

Happy to get it.. different base, and different switch-outs (or no switch-outs).. I see no issue here.. now I can add it to my COTD collection as it comes out. Thanks SSC.

I'm glad to hear this. I thought SS was NOT doing a variant of Demithyle. I read that Mortighull is supposed to him reborn, so I assumed that PF would be it.

In a way I do consider my statues investment pieces. This is not to say that I buy just to sell. But when I am buying something for 400+ I expect for there to be quality so therefore Im "investing" my money into that statue. The fact that it can become a grail such as the Reaper did is just an added bonus to our hobby. In what other hobby can you sell something that you lost fondness for, for additional $. It is unheard of. Considering this CotD line is SS baby I wouldnt expect anything less than the original

I think it's fine, SSC isn't known for there low ES anymore. The fact that so much more of the line has been shown now give's people who are now interested the opportunity to complete it without feeling they have to be robbed by after market sellers. If your an investor than obviously selling your original piece now becomes more of a priority since prices are still inflated, with what x2.5 original costs from that ebay link? I don't think anyone knew this line was going to get so much attention when the initial Reaper was released, so GG SSC - gave the fans what they wanted in a similar statue without replacing what those that already purchased have in it's exclusiveness.

I had an eBay alert today that someone put a reaper up for $2800. Thought that was ridiculously hilarious, but it's gone. If someone paid that they need to get off the pipe.

Just found it and it's 3k now. Serious roflcopter price there, especially with a variant coming.

Back